• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beads Question

natejustice

Justice for all
I placed my order for Heartfelt Beads earlier this week, and they should be here today or tomorrow probably and I have got a quick question pertaining to there use that I could not find the answer for after scouring the board. I ordered the mesh bag that Dave sells on his site to go with my beads. As far as getting the beads wet with the distilled water I plan on using a spray bottle, but should I do this before I put the beads in the bag or after, and if I just mist the bag, will the beads suck up enough of the distilled water?? Or should I do this outside of the bag in a bowl or something where more of the bead is exposed and then drop them in the bag???

I never thought I could get so excited over these beads, I can't wait to get them!

Thanks for your help! :)

-nate

I personally would not spray the bag... I would open it up and spray the beads directly. Spraying them before you even put them in the bag would be even better. This way you do not have a wet bag sitting in your humi. Just my opinion. :)

Edited for spelling.

In both the coolerdor and fridgador I have the beads in PANTYhose, yes I said PANTY... :p
They are then placed in a plactic butter bowl. When needed, which is not too often, I just use a syringe to inject the water into the bead sack.

Here, I'll say it before someone else does.

He He...he said panty and sack in the same post... :sign:

:laugh:

I spray mine thru the panty hose with no noticable problems. Works just fine!

(at least I didn't say sack...)

Thanks for all the replies guys!! Now I know what to do with my sack... :laugh:

-nate

natejustice said:
Thanks for all the replies guys!! Now I know what to do with my sack... :laugh:

-nate
[snapback]237425[/snapback]​
just make sure your sack is clean b4 putting it in the humi.... :whistling:
couldn't resist, sorry

heheh :laugh: thats for sure

Rob_k said:
natejustice said:
Thanks for all the replies guys!!  Now I know what to do with my sack...  :laugh:

-nate
[snapback]237425[/snapback]​
just make sure your sack is clean b4 putting it in the humi.... :whistling:
couldn't resist, sorry
[snapback]237433[/snapback]​

I use panty hose as well.

You should not have to spray them down as they come pre-charged.

caudio51 said:

[snapback]238605[/snapback]​

Unless I am very mistaken, the beads arrive dry (solid white). You would need to add the appropriate amount of distilled water for that amount of beads in order to get any humidifying effects from them. Of course, if you are in a cery humid environmnet and are using them to absorb moisture, this might not be the case.

Edit to add: You are right to be excited about the beads. My new humi has been solid since I started using the beads. It is big, and is open a lot. The beads ROCK!

I should clarify. Being from PA he most likely doesn't have to do anything. Here are complete details:

Each pound of Heartfelt Beads is sufficient to maintain the correct humidity level in 5 cubic feet of space.

The initial set up of your Heartfelt Beads depends on the normal weather conditions in the area you live.

If you live in a high humidity area and you need the Heartfelt Beads to reduce the humidity in your humidor you have nothing to do prior to use. Place the Heartfelt Beads in a waterproof container with an open lid and place it in your humidor.

If, on the other hand, you live in a low humidity area and you need the Heartfelt Beads to increase the humidity in you humidor your set up is simple. Add 25ml of Distilled water for each pound of beads. Place the Heartfelt Beads in a waterproof container with an open lid and place it in your humidor.

The relative humidity where you live and the number of times that you open the humidor will affect the length of time before you have to add or remove moisture from the Heartfelt Beads.

High humidity locations will require you to remove moisture from the beads. This process is simple. Remove the beads from the humidor and run a standard hair dryer over the Heartfelt Beads allowing them to dry out. Then just replace the Heartfelt Beads in your humidor and let them work.

Low humidity locations will require the addition of Distilled water to re-charge the Heartfelt Beads.

DO NOT use any type of humidor solution

DO NOT use tap water. The impurities in tap water will eventually ruin the Heartfelt Beads

Those impurities will clog the voids in the beads.

You can tell if the Heartfelt Beads contain moisture by looking at them. They will appear white when the moisture is low and they will appear clear when the moisture is high.

smokelaw1 said:
caudio51 said:

Unless I am very mistaken, the beads arrive dry (solid white). You would need to add the appropriate amount of distilled water for that amount of beads in order to get any humidifying effects from them. Of course, if you are in a cery humid environmnet and are using them to absorb moisture, this might not be the case.

Edit to add: You are right to be excited about the beads. My new humi has been solid since I started using the beads. It is big, and is open a lot. The beads ROCK!
[snapback]238619[/snapback]​

I ship the beads with them about 20% charged. During shipping they tend to dry out a little, ziplocks are not truely airtight. I thought about fully charging them prior to shipping but figured you guys would not like to pay $28 a pound for distilled water. :laugh:

viper139 said:
smokelaw1 said:
caudio51 said:

[snapback]238619[/snapback]​

I ship the beads with them about 20% charged. During shipping they tend to dry out a little, ziplocks are not truely airtight. I thought about fully charging them prior to shipping but figured you guys would not like to pay $28 a pound for distilled water. :laugh:
[snapback]238861[/snapback]​

That's a good point, I never thought of that!

Thank You for all the informative replies...I have another question though, that I just thought of...I got the 70% beads, and my coolidor is currently sitting at 70% rh with my current means of humidification, how much distilled water should I put in the beads, if any at all, if the coolidor is already sitting where it should be as far as relative humidity is concerned??

natejustice said:
Thank You for all the informative replies...I have another question though, that I just thought of...I got the 70% beads, and my coolidor is currently sitting at 70% rh with my current means of humidification, how much distilled water should I put in the beads, if any at all, if the coolidor is already sitting where it should be as far as relative humidity is concerned??
[snapback]238982[/snapback]​

When the beads arrive add 25 ml of distilled water per pound of beads. This assumes that you use the beads to add moisture to your cooler. If you are using the beads to remove moisture don't do anythig to them just put them in the cooler.