• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Secret Santa

Astrobeerman

any thoughts on a beer and stoogie secret santa? We could follow the same rules as the main secret santa thread...........I would be interested more for this secret santa then the reg SS, even though I signed up for that as well.....lokl

I'm in if this kicks off. :)

Yea, I could do this...the same $ limit? 2-3 beers and a stogie or two? I could do that. I'm in!!

Personally, and this is just me, I would hit up Rod and get his feeling on this...

jon has plenty of time on his hands now not having to worry about the boss telling him what to do!

I agree that Rod should bless then we can continue the talks.

If Rod gives us the green light I'm in too. I think this would be a great way to pick up some beers that arn't available in your area.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do we need Rod's blessing? We never have needed it for exchanges below. Are you thinking just because it might conflict with the regular SS exchange?

Justin,

I see a couple reasons why the others have asked for approval.

1. This is not a one-off exchange; rather this will most likely be interpreted as a CP sponsored event. Also, it will most likely turn into an annual event... Assuming I'm correct and this does turn into an annual event, then it will certainly be CP sponsored and promoted as such.

2. I don't want this to conflict with our standard SS event, however appreciate that the beer aficionados (and I'm one of them now!) want to also participate in a SS dedicated to beer. I'm fine with that, however I expect points 3 and 4 to be fully executed before proceeding.

3. Rules will need to be CLEARLY defined, outlined and presented to the group. Take a look at the SS rules and start there. I will sign off on the rules once they are sent to me.

4. Whoever run's the Beer SS will need to be level headed, remain calm and professional, as they will be representing CP. You will get people who complain, are late, etc... David did a great job maintaining a professional image throughout SS; I expect the same from whoever runs the Beer SS.

Again, once points 3 and 4 are outlined and identified, we can move forward. I will gladly create a sub-forum for the Beer SS. You do not want to run an event like this off one thread; you're going to run into too many issues.

I will gladly help construct this and get it off the ground.

Rod

Sounds like a great idea and if it all works out I'd love to join!

Sounds like a good time... How exactly its the proper way to ship beer? Mass bubble wrapping?

I'll post a link to the thread a created years ago on how to ship beer in the sign up thread.