• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beers and ISOM's

recently puffed my first ISOM's and some mental comparisons came to mind....

You know the reaction, is there really that big a difference, well....

When I was younger, lived further north and drank Stroh's and Genesee's quite often. Where I live now there is no stroh's or Genesee. Would I like one now ,well, yeah, but because of the taste or quality? gimme a break. Genny is as a quality a swill as MGD........so is that what the big deal is all about, just cause you can't have it?

Then the job took me traveling and I discovered Corona w/ limes. Could only get em in Chicago. I used to bring a case back with me on the plane when I went. I cherished those ice cold Corona's. Would save em for good friends on a Saturday afternoon in the summer. Now, even today, there's nothing like an ice cold Corona on a warm weekend afternoon. So is that what it is all about? Hmm, getting closer.

Then I was heading overseas to Ireland for my honeymoon. "You haven't had a Guiness til you've had one over there" is what I kept hearing from everyone. Yeah right, you've had one guiness, you've had em all, and besides, I prefer Harp on tap. Then your over there, and I don't know what it is. They make it here? Is the formula different? Fresher? No preservatives? How it's stored? Just the atmosphere of the pubs? Who knows, it really is different, and it really became my favorite over Harp.

So is this what it's all about. Well, all of the above.

A crummy smoke is a crummy smoke no matter where it's from.

Something new is just that. How can you pass judgement until you've experienced.

And there is a time and place that are optimal for everything. A smooth ISOM that last 14 holes on a sunny saturday, well, what more is there to say.....

Of course Guiness is different in Ireland. They don't have the same purity standards we do. There's rocks and twigs in their Guiness. You need a fork and knife to have it.

Good post HFM! :thumbs: And I'll say that I've had crappy cigars from Mexico, DR, Honduras, Nicaragua, the US AND... Cuba! However... I've had incredible cigars from the DR, Honduras, Nicaragua, the US and Cuba too! Sorry for you Teamo lovers out there... I've NEVER had any good cigars from Mexico... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

ricmac25 said:
Of course Guiness is different in Ireland. They don't have the same purity standards we do. There's rocks and twigs in their Guiness. You need a fork and knife to have it.
Sandwich in a glass......yum ;)