• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

belgian beer suggestions

StogieSteve

It seems that the beers I enjoy aren't rated very high. I absolutely love Wild Blue, but most of my friends think it tastes bad. It's a beer that tastes kind of like blueberries. I also like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I'm looking for a belgian ale for next week wednesday to have with a cigar. I don't mind paying more than average for a good beer. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is Delirium Tremens is any good? Any input would be great. Do higher alcohol beers taste worse than regular beers?

Thanks,

Steven

If you are in a bind and time is short, I suggest visiting www.beeradvocate.com. You should be able to find great resources on Belgians and many other tasty brews.

Cheers,

Sounds like you might enjoy Kasteel Rouge based on those beers. I'd also suggest trying some fruit lambics (not the Sam Adams one though!)

What are fruit lambics? I did check out beeradvocate.com as well. Most of their top 100 beers in the world have higher than normal % alcohol. I made a mental note of a few and will be checking the liquor store for them.

Steven

Sounds like you might enjoy Kasteel Rouge based on those beers. I'd also suggest trying some fruit lambics (not the Sam Adams one though!)

I wish I would have known about 5 years ago, that is some nasty sh*t (Sam Adams) Cranberry Lambic.

If you are in a bind and time is short, I suggest visiting www.beeradvocate.com. You should be able to find great resources on Belgians and many other tasty brews.

Cheers,

I think many people start there, but after a while, I think you realize how slanted the rantings really are. If its high in ABV or hard to find, its high in the rankings. I think the site is a tremendous resource for style guides, food pairings, industry news, etc. I just rind the reviews a little slanted for the most part

Cheers,

I think many people start there, but after a while, I think you realize how slanted the rantings really are. If its high in ABV or hard to find, its high in the rankings. I think the site is a tremendous resource for style guides, food pairings, industry news, etc. I just rind the reviews a little slanted for the most part

You didn't know that if something is rare it has to be good? ???

:sign:

Just had a Rodenbach this weekend and it was good. I also suggest Duches de Bourges (spelling may be wrong). I really like Tremens.

Other I would recommend are: Westmalle dubbel and Rochefort 8.

St. Bernardus ABT 12. That's one of my favorite Belgians. It's not widely available, but you should be able to find it.

Sam Adams... Not for me.

St. Bernardus ABT 12. That's one of my favorite Belgians. It's not widely available, but you should be able to find it.

Sam Adams... Not for me.

Couldn't agree more with both things. I didn't read the first post that closely the first time apparently. St Bernardus 12 is great with a nice cigar, as is Rochefort 10, Gouden Carolus Grand Cru of the Emperor, Kasteel Bruin, Konigshoeven Quad, and you wouldn't be disappointed by Tremens either.

And no, high ABV beers don't taste worse.

Leffe Blonde or Brune both very nice Yum, or a Hoegaarden White or Grand Cru
All good :thumbs:
Enjoy Em if you Try Em

Leffe Blonde or Brune both very nice Yum, or a Hoegaarden White or Grand Cru
All good :thumbs:
Enjoy Em if you Try Em

I will have to second the choices here. I would also say that if you can get the Leffe Triple, the try it as well.

I think the Hoegaarden that Seriesteve is talking about is the Hoegaarden Witbier, anad it very good as well.

Any kind of Abby Double or Triple will serve you well.

Try This Link

It will give you a lot of information.

Tim

I've tried numerous Belgians and still like Chimay Blue the best. But it's a matter of personal taste, of course.