• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bell's Hopslam Ale

Thanks for the review, does it taste as fruity as the review makes it seem?
On tap? Yes, but the bottled version was much more in-your-face bitterness, though the citrus nose was still very prominent.

On tap? Yes, but the bottled version was much more in-your-face bitterness, though the citrus nose was still very prominent.

I can do bitter over fruity. I like the haze too. If you like fruityish beers, try a Shiner Hefe, too lemony for me but if it doesn't bother you, you might want to try it.

I can do bitter over fruity. I like the haze too. If you like fruityish beers, try a Shiner Hefe, too lemony for me but if it doesn't bother you, you might want to try it.
I should have revised my response. The beer isn't really "fruity", per se, but you could better taste the citrus and floral hops along with the honey it's brewed with when served on tap. In the bottle those qualities were hard to discern. I found the tap version to be more balanced (but not "fruity" by any means), and the bottled version to be more bitter and in-your-face with regards to the high hop volume.

I'm not a big "fruity" beer guy (never really got into the lambics), but I do enjoy hoppy beers that have a balance of flavors: bitter/citrus/floral/pine/etc. Same thing in cigars. Give me a DC Robusto over a Power Ranger or DL Chisel any day of the week.

BTW, I'm curious. Other than describing the smell (which I stand by...I really could smell that beer all day), where in my review did I give the impression that this beer was "fruity?"

For some reason I got strawberry from the aroma as well citrusy hops. I though it may have come from the honey they used.
It's not fruity like the aroma of a British beer or Baltic porter. The actual flavor is full on hops with a solid malt base.

No big deal at all. If so I can definetly wait until next years release. Thanks dude.

OK, picked up their last six pack. This shit is pricey. Drop me your addy and I will ship it to you. Do you want me to wait till Monday so that it is not sitting anywhere over the weekend?

I should have revised my response. The beer isn't really "fruity", per se, but you could better taste the citrus and floral hops along with the honey it's brewed with when served on tap. In the bottle those qualities were hard to discern. I found the tap version to be more balanced (but not "fruity" by any means), and the bottled version to be more bitter and in-your-face with regards to the high hop volume.

I'm not a big "fruity" beer guy (never really got into the lambics), but I do enjoy hoppy beers that have a balance of flavors: bitter/citrus/floral/pine/etc. Same thing in cigars. Give me a DC Robusto over a Power Ranger or DL Chisel any day of the week.

BTW, I'm curious. Other than describing the smell (which I stand by...I really could smell that beer all day), where in my review did I give the impression that this beer was "fruity?"

"The grapefruit/citrus taste is most evident" Apperently I did a newspaper thing and just quoted part, afterward I think you said "at first..." Anyway, maybe it was just something that stuck in my head real strong and I just wanted some clarification.

Got my 6 pack today. billbaker3 was so generous to get his hands on it for me. Awesome packaging. Thanks so much again bb3.

Not to threadjack my own thread, but I went to Knightly Spirits down here in Orlando to get some beers to keep me company in the hotel room and came back with a sixer of Two Hearted. Boy is THAT some good beer!

Two hearted is one my favorites. If you like that I highly recomend Speakeasy Big daddy IPA. I really prefer it over the Bells. Although in my area you can get 1.5 gallon mini kegs of Bells for $20.00 and those are always perfect for a nite of drinking and smokes.