• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best band of all time?

Theres SOO many great bands out there its impossible to pick just one favorite...but, my two all time favorites will always be AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

I am going to have to go with Zepplin as my favorite band of all time, but not nessesarily the greatest as far as longevity and impact/influence. Its really hard to argue with the Beatles or the Stones as greatest. on a side note I am going to have to say that Johnny Cash is pretty dang good (although not a band).Other favorites would be The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Lynyrn Skynard, and CCR.

IronBar said:
I KNOW I'll get flamed for this, but the best of all time is Rush.
[snapback]223775[/snapback]​

Great choice. I don't know why I didn't think of them earlier.

So many bands, so little time.

very impressive IronBar. I have to give you props for throwing out Rush as greatest band of all time on your second post, that takes some guts.

Qualls07 said:
very impressive IronBar. I have to give you props for throwing out Rush as greatest band of all time on your second post, that takes some guts.
[snapback]223842[/snapback]​

No kidding. It's almost enough to make you want to give him a pass, isn't it?

Almost...

Makes me wonder what was #2. Cheap Trick? Peter Frampton?

I remember sitting at separate concerts by Jethro Tull and Led Zeppelin and thinking that these were the greatest performances and best bands I have ever witnessed (even after attending over two dozen legendary shows by Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen.) If forced to pick one ---I think Led Zeppelin would get my vote.

DocRKS said:
I remember sitting at separate concerts by Jethro Tull and Led Zeppelin and thinking that these were the greatest performances and best bands I have ever witnessed (even after attending over two dozen legendary shows by Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen.) If forced to pick one ---I think Led Zeppelin would get my vote.
[snapback]223948[/snapback]​

As far as live performances, it would be a very tight race between Sammy Hagar and Ted Nugent. Those are the best I have seen live.

'Course ya gotta give the nod to Sweaty Teddy, a gun totin' non drug usin' rock n roller is a rare breed.

I heard "That'll be the day" by Buddy Holly earlier. His influence is still very strong even nearly 50 after his death.

/install flame retardant suit

As is Stevie Wonder. He is possibly one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century.

/run duck and hide

Matty_Vegas said:
Everyone knows Social Distortion is the best rock band ever. But I have a soft spot in my heart for Black Sabbath and Prince.
[snapback]223296[/snapback]​
i saw prince in concert last year. he was awesome

Yeah, I'd have to say Zepplin or Floyd. I saw Floyd in concert at Clemson Universtiy a few years back. I think it was a great concert, but honestly, I don't remember much. That was back in my days that I tried my best to lose my head to have fun. All I remember is some big a$$ pink pig falling from the sky that somehow they had rigged up. Police is another great band!