Best Bang for your Buck Tequila

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
I am looking for a good tequila for the price. Search and found nothing. Found some review sites, don't really want to pay $200 for a 1/5.

Thanks for any recommendations.

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I like Don Julio tequila. Patron in a pinch.

I don't really get any more "premium" than that.

Pugman1943

Another question, you talking straight up or mixing it? Makes a diff.

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Well it is going to be a Christmas present. I was under the impression that Patron was a great tequila but after looking at some reviews, I'm mistaken. I don't want to spend more than $50 for a 750 mL. This will be mainly used for shooting.

Thanks.

I will say either Milagro or Corazon.

Most people are impressed by the status of Patron, but it doesn't do much for me in terms of tastes.

Napa_Smokes

Charbay makes a very good tequila as well as Cielo. Both are small production artisan tequilas that I think you would truly enjoy the quality and taste of, although they are more sipping than shooting tequilas.

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Well sipping/shooting. They won't be wasted with some mixer. Those corn syrup favoring take a lot away from the natural flavors.

engspot

Covered in Paint
My wife and I like Cabo Wabo Reposado, which sells for $54/750ml in Ohio. I've also heard good things about the Anejo, but I think that one comes in at about $70/750ml.

2K6TBSS

I like Tres Generaciones. It's a pretty smooth sipping/shooting tequila.

thechenman

No One of Consequence
Another vote here for Don Julio...way better than Patron IMHO. Cabo Wabo isn't too bad either. Drank some over the Thanksgiving holiday and rather enjoyed it.

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
If I was spending $50 I'd grab the Don Julio. Otherwise, I like the Cazadore's or Herradura.

Secret Santa

CEO, North Pole Inc.
Don Julio Anejo without a doubt. For a little more Casa Noble makes damn fine cactus juice as well. :thumbs:

Greggj77

Don Julio Anejo without a doubt. For a little more Casa Noble makes damn fine cactus juice as well. :thumbs:

FWIW Santa knows his tequila. In the $50 range the DJ anejo is tough to beat. Casa Noble also a favorite but, a little more pricey.

So all in all I would say Don Julio Anejo is probably the way to go.

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
Don Julio is fantastic, and a decent price. Cabo Wabo is right up there in quality, but costs a bit more. I have a bottle of Milagro that's been untouched for a long time... might be time to crack that bad boy open.

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I don't get all the Patron hate that's out there. Maybe I just have bad taste in tequila, but I'd rather have Patron than a lot of the other stuff mentioned.

Oh well, I'd rather have Don Julio than anything else, anyway.

J-Rod

Don Julio Anejo is an excellent choice. Can't go wrong with it, whether your mixing it or shooting it.