• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best CC "vintage" ?

BigSteve

27th Armored Div honoring my Dad
I have no idea what Im talking about here. Trying to (re)learn and nothing jumped out at me using "search" function. Like, wines - even from different vineyards within a given year, there is what's considered better vintage years than others. With tobacco, it seems that there may be something like that to use as a guide to what to definitely go to and to absolutely avoid. Am I right :blush: ? And if so, what production years are considered the best and worst ?

More often than not avoid the vintages that retailers have a ton of stock in their "aged" sections. For example, lots of great deals out there on '01 Lanceros.

2000 Was plagued with problems. 2010-2011 are the best in the last 10+ years IMHO.

Read a lot of cigar reviews....that helps.
Stay away from most 99-01 stock (but not all).

Taste is subjectives...with that said 98's are always good....02, 06 and 08-10 have been great!

The others were good too...I believe it also depends on WHAT you are smoking.

Vintage has two common meanings in this context: Older vintage or just the year. '10 was a very good year but they are not very well aged yet.

I'm smoking some good '03 Boli PCs and '01 San Cristobal El Principis right now but I recently went through a box of '10 Boli Royal Coronas that were outstanding already.

This is all extremely helpful to this newbie. Thank you.

Pre-98....if you can find them.
cool.gif

What...no love for the 98 Fundi?

:whistling:

LOL...there are several '98 cigars that I would consider and the Fundi is ABSOLUTELY one of them. ;)

I think that all years from 2003 to present are outstanding. The marca as well as the factory code at any specific time together give you the best indication of quality (for example any Cohiba POS 06' or MEL 08'... and the list goes on). I think 02' and -4 are a bit hit and miss but there are good things (and bad) in both years.

i believe...'89 to '93 are the best years just now...better than older and younger.

derrek

I haven't been smoking cigars all that long...just a little over 3 years now. I've smoked vintage CCs, but for my taste, if you are looking for bang for the buck and something that is more readily obtainable...I'd look at the 2008 vintage. It was a truly stellar year IMHO.