• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Drink for Cigars

I've been to 4 liquor stores to no avail. I'm having some friends over tomorrow for a smoke and want to get it. Is there a search for it somewhere? Zip is 55420...

I love this stuff. It tends to be an after holiday meal drink with my family, sans the cola. I'll have to try it out with my next smoke...although my usual drink of choice is Talisker on the rocks. mmmmmm

I ended up finding it...

Everyone enjoyed it, very different than what I'm used to. Very bitter and adding Coke doesn't really change the flavor too much, the Fernet really comes through. The only issue was the 2nd and 3rd drink did not pour very well and it got foamy and kind of curdled at the top.

I looked for this around Christmas time, and they were all out. The clerk told me that's generally the only time of year it sells, I guess it's a holiday tradition to some.

I'll be going back soon to see if they've restocked.

I ended up finding it...

Everyone enjoyed it, very different than what I'm used to. Very bitter and adding Coke doesn't really change the flavor too much, the Fernet really comes through. The only issue was the 2nd and 3rd drink did not pour very well and it got foamy and kind of curdled at the top.

Which store did you end up finding it at? Just curious. Was it a chain like MGM or mom & pop store?

Bill

I no longer drink alcohol, but back in the day did enjoy Fernet Branca and coke, there is another odd Italian liquor that I recommend anyone who is adventurous try, but only once, I cant remember the name but it is derived from artichokes.......nuff' said....lol

On a side note I believe Fernet Branca (not all Fernets) when first brewed in the USA was right here in NYC downtown by the entrance to the Holland Tunnel. I went to the local office one time and saw all the original equipment form way back in teh day...very cool stuff.

I no longer drink alcohol, but back in the day did enjoy Fernet Branca and coke, there is another odd Italian liquor that I recommend anyone who is adventurous try, but only once, I cant remember the name but it is derived from artichokes.......nuff' said....lol

On a side note I believe Fernet Branca (not all Fernets) when first brewed in the USA was right here in NYC downtown by the entrance to the Holland Tunnel. I went to the local office one time and saw all the original equipment form way back in teh day...very cool stuff.

Cynar...
Haven't had any in over 20 years.
It's bitter and can be an aperitif or digestif.
Mix it with cola, soda water, tonic or bitter lemon.

I probably won't be imbibing any Cynar anytime soon but maybe I should give it the ol college try!
Might be good with a stoge.

-Rob

To me, nothing compliments a cigar nor cleans the palate like a good, fresh Mojito. If you can't put together a fresh one, the pre-mixed Bacardi offering works nicely.

I relax with a good smoke,and good drink of Vodka and fresca. That gets my fix...real relaxing to me. jmo.