• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Inexpensive Cigars

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
I searched, if it's out there please forgive me...

What's out there right now, that's a steal for the money, say $100 give or take, for a box?

My go to under $100 a box is CAO Brazilia, the flavor profile just work sfor me and they've always had great construction.  Outisde of that, I've struggled to really like other lesser priced cigars. 

So, I'm looking for opinions...

Thanks,
JSM

As I know, Cohiba Esplendido is one of the best expensive cigar[SIZE=9pt]. [/SIZE]I heard that, I never bought it.

brownpeter335 said:
As I know, Cohiba Esplendido is one of the best expensive cigar[SIZE=9pt]. [/SIZE]I heard that, I never bought it.
Don't believe everything you hear or read on the internet. That cigar certainly is the most counterfitted and famous, but that's all I'm sure of. Until you smoke one yourself, a real one, mind you, you'll never know. It may not suit you at all.

Doc

brownpeter335 said:
As I know, Cohiba Esplendido is one of the best expensive cigar[SIZE=9pt]. [/SIZE]I heard that, I never bought it.

I thought the title of the thread was best inexpensive cigars? I would add those great Costa Rican cigars that you enjoy so much to this list especially the Cuban Zirconia.

Doc, his palate is too refined and he wouldn't enjoy the Espy's as they don't have the secret tobacco in them, aged completely natural and don't have the silky, rich, caramel, vanilla, honey, woody, earthy, smooth and well balanced as are the Cuban Zirconia's.

All according to him of course:

Light this! said:

Tabacos de la Cordillera's cigars arrive in sizes range from large Churchills to Mini Torpedoes. The Cuban Zirconia is silky, rich and sweet with notes of caramel, vanilla, honey, woody and earthy flavors.

brownpeter335 said:
Somewhere I read that, Costa rica's aging procedure is completely natural and, as with outstanding wine, it takes tobacco a minimum of 3 years to come to its full maturity.

brownpeter335 said:
Cuban Zirconia is a medium to full body cigar, which is blended with secret tobaccos filled with flavor, so far smooth, creamy and very well balanced.

Across three threads you're praising these. I guess you really like them or have a hidden agenda. Have tried them?

Try the CAO Flatheads. Great price and lots of flavor from the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper.

brownpeter335....you have piqued my curiosity.  Are you affiliated with Tabacos de la Cordillera..??

BlindedByScience said:
brownpeter335....you have piqued my curiosity.  Are you affiliated with Tabacos de la Cordillera..??
BBS, you've got amazing powers of observation :laugh:

CigSid said:

BBS, you've got amazing powers of observation :laugh:

...not really, but I can read quoted posts.... :p

It depends what kind of flavor you're looking for. Cheap cigars tend to be very simple, with less refinement, resulting in a cigar with a few basic flavors that are a little rough around the edges. Almost like artificial flavoring.

So you need to know what you're looking for when you ask the question. Ramon Bueso makes two cheap cigars. I love the Genesis and dislike the Odyssey. Others feel the opposite, but also generally prefer connies to maduros.

So you have to approach cheap cigars with some idea of what you want out of them, and then you'll get better recommendations.

My experience with cheap cigars is they all have an obnoxious quality that wears thin over the long haul.

Doc

There used to be a LOT of really outstanding $5 cigars . . . but ten years later, there are now a lot of terrific $7-9 dollar cigars.  Gas doesn't cost what it used to, either.  ???

~Boar

Devil Doc said:
My experience with cheap cigars is they all have an obnoxious quality that wears thin over the long haul.

Doc

Or the last third is like smoking napalm....