• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best ISOM in your opinion

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
OK- Just curious here... What do you think are the BEST cigars from Cuba and why?

Be short and sweet, try to limit your choices to 2 or 3 max, that way no one gets bored reading the thread.

Toaster's Picks:

Bolivar Belicoso Fino (Dark, and strong- I like 'em)
Montecristo #2 (Even burn, and great flavor, suttle and nice)
Partagas Serie D#4 (Strong but smooth on the palette)

Monte #2 rich flavor
Sir Winston rich flavor
Funadores classic flavor

I havent had ALL the isoms I want to try yet (or even one of everything I have in my humi) but my 3 favs right now are

RASS
Cohiba Siglo III
Hoyo De Monteray EL Pyrimades 2003

Phil

Hmmm in order?

Cohiba - Siglo's, robusto's
Vegas Robaina Famsos - yummmmmmmmmmm
Partagas Serie D # 4
Romeo Y Juliet - EL's - #3's and Robusto's
Montecristo #2

Sam

1) Monte 2 (Smooooooooth)
2) Cohiba Robusto (Full Flavor)
3) Sancho Panza Non Plus (Tangy, Tasty)

I haven't had many, but of what I have had, I liked the Fonseca KDT the best. Very smooth, leathery smoke.

1) Punch/Punch! *****
Montie A
BBF cab
Anything R&J {just for you Matt! :p }
BCJ
Sancho Panza Bell
Diplo bells

Depends on mymood. If its been anaverage day a punch /punch makes it better. I its been a really smooth day a R&J is nice :thumbs:

Best that I can actually afford to smoke....

Siglo IV
Partagas Short
SLR PC
Monte #2

Not necessarily in that order...

Bolivar Belicoso Fino
H.Upmann #2
Punch Punch
Sancho Panza Belicoso

My "Big Three" favorite havanas:
(I prefer double coronas)

Ramon Allones Gigantes
H. Upmann Sir Winston
Bolivar Coronas Gigantes

Why? Because these are full bodied as compared to Cohibas, Hoyos or Montecristos

I've never tried a Punch Double Corona but I'd like to someday. I'd also like to try an El Rey del Mundo Tainos but they're alledgely not as strong as the three I mentioned above. I tried a Saint Luis Rey Double Corona recently but it did not appeal to me as much as the aforementioned "Big Three"

coventrycat86 said:
My "Big Three" favorite havanas:
(I prefer double coronas)

Ramon Allones Gigantes
H. Upmann Sir Winston
Bolivar Coronas Gigantes

Why? Because these are full bodied as compared to Cohibas, Hoyos or Montecristos

I've never tried a Punch Double Corona but I'd like to someday. I'd also like to try an El Rey del Mundo Tainos but they're alledgely not as strong as the three I mentioned above. I tried a Saint Luis Rey Double Corona recently but it did not appeal to me as much as the aforementioned "Big Three"
The SLR Dcs that are around now are good smokes, but need some time to mature, IMHO. I have some SLR Prominantes that are THE best double corona I have ever smoked, bar none. Full flavor, but very complex. You can't find 'em anymore, but damn are they good.

On any given day, my list will vary.

Much is dependent on which factory, year of production, and other factors.

In truth, I have not purchased Cuban cigars in over a year. It is my private protest against Castro. One year ago, I met a young Cuban man who had escaped from the island. He related that his 19 year old sister, with several other people, had recently tried to leave Cuba via a fishing boat. Castro's patrol boats intercepted the boat and opened fire, without a warning. His sister was killed. Castro buys munitions with foreign exchange. I just don't want to be the guy whose dollars buy the bullet that kills some fleeing girl. That's me. You have to follow your own conscience.

Steve, just curious, but do you buy any products made in China? (Not being judgemental, as your protest is warranted).

I think I'd have to go with Vegas Robaina Unicos & Famosos. They are both rich and creamy. The Unicos are very similar to the Monte #2. The Famosos are in a class of their own.
Oh, the Cohiba Robusto is good too!! :p