• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Las Vegas Local?

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
Alright, I know everyone raves about Casa Fuente, but as far as local B&M shops go in Las Vegas, everyone's always said Pheasant is the best.  Unfortunately, it looks like they've closed.  Where are the locals going these days?

My first choice would be the Cigar Box on Western Ave.  Great selection and very knowledgeable staff. 

Next I would try En Fuego on W Sahara Ave.  Friendly environment and good selection.

Are these B & M's against tourists? Heading out there next week and looking for a place to light one up.

Cigar FF said:
Are these B & M's against tourists? Heading out there next week and looking for a place to light one up.
Both of the ones I recommended above are cool with tourists.

Ask for Jason at the Cigar Box. Great guy and extremely knowledgeable.
jsm11 said:
I'm a huge fan of Caveman Cigars in Henderson...
Man Cave Cigar Lounge?

mc808 said:
Both of the ones I recommended above are cool with tourists.
Ask for Jason at the Cigar Box. Great guy and extremely knowledgeable.
jsm11 said:
I'm a huge fan of Caveman Cigars in Henderson...
Man Cave Cigar Lounge?
Yes....lol 5 hanks for the correction

I'll be in Vegas in May (12th-14th) for a conference if anyone is there drop me a line.

Thread bump now that I've lived here for almost three and a half years. Marvin's suggestions were spot on. Here are my thoughts:

Cigar Box (4046 Dean Martin Dr): It's owned by Michael Frey, the same guy who owns Casa Fuente. The selection is great, the lounge is beautiful, and it's fairly centrally located, convenient to both the strip and the west side. The hours aren't great for Vegas, but if you're wanting a cigar while they're open, this is where I'd go. Scott and the staff there are excellent.

En Fuego (Vegas--328 W Sahara Ave; Henderson--790 Coronado Center Dr #150): My second choice, with a selection almost as good as Cigar Box. The LV shop is dark, smoky and comfortable. The Henderson location is a bit tidier, and I think the selection is a touch better. Both are great.

Tobacco Leaf (Multiple locations in Summerlin & Henderson; the W. Lake Mead Ave shop is closest to me in the NW): This is our TAA store, so they get the TAA specials. Okay selection, but at the Lake Mead store they insist on putting singles into trays, so wrapper damage and split feet abound. Their customer service is also a bit more spotty than my favorites, and the last time I was in there they ignominiously told me that their "buy 10 get 1 free" promo--which they've offered for years--was done as the dude snatched my punch card away from me and chucked it in the trash. There are better choices in Vegas--I'd seek those out instead.

Man Cave Cigar Lounge (855 Seven Hills Dr #100): I've only been here once, so the sample size is remarkably small. Their selection is good and the lounge looked nice. I'd definitely consider spending some time there if you find yourself down south.

Cigar Warehouse (5012 Arville St #7): Again, small sample size, having visited only twice. This is a relatively new shop with a decent selection, but lots of General/Altadis sticks occupying most of their shelf space. RoMa Craft, Padron, and Oliva make up their more respectable offerings. The lounge seems alright.

Places I haven't hit up yet: La Casa (in Tivoli Village in Summerlin), Helios Cigar Lounge (South Summerlin), and Havana Cigar Lounge (W. Flamingo).

Figured I'd write a quick update. I moved away from Vegas in June, yet with work I seem to be frequenting the lounges there more than I did when I lived there.

Cigarbox remains my favorite. Best staff in Vegas.

En Fuego has moved West into a new space at 3540 W. Sahara. No longer right next to the Golden Steer, but also now benefiting from way more space & decent parking too.

Man Cave didn't survive 2020 unfortunately.

Helios Cigar Lounge (5752 South Fort Apache Road #155): Excellent lounge with a good-sized humidor containing a great selection of higher quality smokes. Lots of Illusione, Aganorsa Leaf & Padron, so you know I'm a fan. Warped, RoMa Craft, Fuente, and a few General/Altadis offerings round out the stock. If you're visiting the strip, the ride to the Southeast part of town might be pricey, but this lounge is well worth it to get away from the craziness. Jesse, the assistant manager, is a consummate professional.

Las Vegas Cigar Outlet Superstore (1560 E. Sahara): Looks super sketch from the outside, but once you're in, you'll see a gargantuan & well-stocked humidor. Interestingly, lots of lanceros & panatelas. The lounge section of the shop is pretty small, but if you're seeking smokes, this is a great option. Friendly management too!

To supplement your excellent and spot on reviews/recommendations:

- La Casa: Touristy spot in Summerlin/Tivoli Village. Basic, mainstream Humidor selection where they “white glove” service. You tell them which cigar you want and they will pick it up for you. Humidor has a digital lock on the door as well. Poor ventilation (unless they’ve upgraded recently) and over priced. Full bar, Membership Private room and back patio which is very nice. $10 cutting fee. They have great events and live music.

- Little Havana: smoke shop and humidor run by a great crew. Knowledgeable Staff who are attentive and humble. Excellent boutique selection along with your name brands. They have constantly surprised me with their premium, rate, and limited select as well. For a while they were then only shop in town with LFD Bulls, and they had a box of Year of the Ox from La Galera last year. Very good prices and a cozy lounge in the back with coffee and cold beverages available, many times they’ll offer them on the house. Quality joint that we enjoy visiting.

- Cigar Outlet: Roger can be a little grumpy from time to time, or pretentious depending on who’s in the store, but the selection is quite impressive and the prices aren’t terrible. Standard for Vegas, a little cheaper than En Fuego however. Drew Estate Diplomat retailer, full selection of LFD, massive house blend selection, and everything else you can think of plus some. No more Lounge area as the expanded the already massive Humidor.

Davidoff Lounge: just across the street from the Wynn and Venetian, outside the Fashion Show Mall. Full bar and lounge, solid selection of Davidoff and other main brands. Opus X, Liga Privada, AVO, Montecristo, Acid, Rocky Patel to name a few. High turnover rate, so it’s a bit of a crap shoot what you’ll get when you go in if you’re looking for a top to bottom lineup of Davidoff. Strip prices! Big markup, however…Monday nights the 3-2-1 promo is the best deal in town. 3 cigars and 2 drinks 50% off 1 night a week. It’s the only night of the week I shop there. No cutting fee if you just wanna chill. Locals get 50% off drinks all the time. One of my favorite spots.

- Montecristo Bar and Lounge at Caesar’s Palace: BUSY! Seems to always be popping, full bar, large humidor with a great selection of…Montecristo…and others. Strip pricing again, they do offer limited food items as well.

There is a couple new joints that recently opened as well. Tapp’n Ash Mobile Lounge opened a B&M that I’ve yet to visit but heard good things. Sugar Daddy’s Lounge on the north side has a bit more of a hip hop/club atmosphere, also a spot I haven’t visited yet.

OH! Almost forgot…the Legacy club at Circa is a Bar and Lounge that allows and encourages cigar smoking. Not sure if they have cigars for sale. Rumor has it when you reserve a Suite they give you a complimentary cigar and glass of champagne.

I’m certainly no expert, but if you have any vegas cigar related questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Great write-up! Definitely appreciate the updates on my out-dated observations.

Caesars is an easy walk from our crew hotel, so Casa Montecristo is my usual haunt on an LAS overnight when I don't feel like ubering to Cigarbox or En Fuego. Hate the prices, but they do have Illusione and Warped, so I'll usually get an MJ12 to hang out there. I haven't pressed-to-test on bringing my own sticks in there, but I imagine if I ordered a drink or some food, they'd probably be okay with it.

I've enjoyed Casa Fuente the couple times I've been there, but have avoided talking too much about it because 1) I'm not the biggest Fuente-whore and 2) It's been covered here a lot. Like a TON.

To supplement your excellent and spot on reviews/recommendations:

- La Casa: Touristy spot in Summerlin/Tivoli Village. Basic, mainstream Humidor selection where they “white glove” service. You tell them which cigar you want and they will pick it up for you. Humidor has a digital lock on the door as well. Poor ventilation (unless they’ve upgraded recently) and over priced. Full bar, Membership Private room and back patio which is very nice. $10 cutting fee. They have great events and live music.

- Little Havana: smoke shop and humidor run by a great crew. Knowledgeable Staff who are attentive and humble. Excellent boutique selection along with your name brands. They have constantly surprised me with their premium, rate, and limited select as well. For a while they were then only shop in town with LFD Bulls, and they had a box of Year of the Ox from La Galera last year. Very good prices and a cozy lounge in the back with coffee and cold beverages available, many times they’ll offer them on the house. Quality joint that we enjoy visiting.

- Cigar Outlet: Roger can be a little grumpy from time to time, or pretentious depending on who’s in the store, but the selection is quite impressive and the prices aren’t terrible. Standard for Vegas, a little cheaper than En Fuego however. Drew Estate Diplomat retailer, full selection of LFD, massive house blend selection, and everything else you can think of plus some. No more Lounge area as the expanded the already massive Humidor.

Davidoff Lounge: just across the street from the Wynn and Venetian, outside the Fashion Show Mall. Full bar and lounge, solid selection of Davidoff and other main brands. Opus X, Liga Privada, AVO, Montecristo, Acid, Rocky Patel to name a few. High turnover rate, so it’s a bit of a crap shoot what you’ll get when you go in if you’re looking for a top to bottom lineup of Davidoff. Strip prices! Big markup, however…Monday nights the 3-2-1 promo is the best deal in town. 3 cigars and 2 drinks 50% off 1 night a week. It’s the only night of the week I shop there. No cutting fee if you just wanna chill. Locals get 50% off drinks all the time. One of my favorite spots.

- Montecristo Bar and Lounge at Caesar’s Palace: BUSY! Seems to always be popping, full bar, large humidor with a great selection of…Montecristo…and others. Strip pricing again, they do offer limited food items as well.

There is a couple new joints that recently opened as well. Tapp’n Ash Mobile Lounge opened a B&M that I’ve yet to visit but heard good things. Sugar Daddy’s Lounge on the north side has a bit more of a hip hop/club atmosphere, also a spot I haven’t visited yet.

OH! Almost forgot…the Legacy club at Circa is a Bar and Lounge that allows and encourages cigar smoking. Not sure if they have cigars for sale. Rumor has it when you reserve a Suite they give you a complimentary cigar and glass of champagne.

I’m certainly no expert, but if you have any vegas cigar related questions don’t hesitate to ask!
please tell me a cutting fee is not a fee for them to cut your cigar...