• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best online stores and free cigars...

uh oh,

i fall into this category. should i lay low a little longer and not post for a while. i was going to ask a couple of questions but don't have asbestos underwear yet. LOL

thanks,
mike

I feel bad for any legitimate newbies who join right now!

Can you imagine having lurked here for a couple months, finding out what CP is all about, finding out about the generosity and fellowship, and being ready to pull the trigger about three weeks ago?

Ok... so tell me this.

Did everyone's sense of humor just fly out the window? I actually found the joke pretty funny.

I been here a while, no one told me of any honey pots to get Anejos. Just got to get them yourself.

Although, I hear some guy named Andrew in Rochester has a bunch of these. :sign:

I found it amusing and didn't give it a second thought. You guys need to lay off the coffee & cokes.

I am a real FNG,Yes I was being Sarcastic,It was a Joke..I do not need more smokes at this time as I have bought more recently than I can smoke in the next few months.I may be new here but I am a member of another site under a different name.My post was mostly a comment about my observation that the main source of entertainment here is bash the newb, maby if some of the people tried a little patience and constructive criticisms instead of trashing the new guy.you might come across like BOTL's ,Isn't that what were supposed to be?

After the recent asshat invasion, and having to ban several members, I think you understand where we're coming from.

In any case, welcome to the board!

I am a real FNG,Yes I was being Sarcastic,It was a Joke..I do not need more smokes at this time as I have bought more recently than I can smoke in the next few months.I may be new here but I am a member of another site under a different name.My post was mostly a comment about my observation that the main source of entertainment here is bash the newb, maby if some of the people tried a little patience and constructive criticisms instead of trashing the new guy.you might come across like BOTL's ,Isn't that what were supposed to be?

You mean you were trolling? I think it's amazing when new folks post complete crap and invite the drama, then say that they were just trying to prove a point.

You mean you were trolling? I think it's amazing when new folks post complete crap and invite the drama, then say that they were just trying to prove a point.
No,I was joking.And making a comment about my observations.What amazes me is what seems to be a general lack of a since of humor in this forum.Truthfully,the posts I have read here are filled with people being rude to each other.My apologies about wasting peoples time here.As I feel I have wasted mine.I wish you all the best,but I don't think I'll fit in around here..

No,I was joking.And making a comment about my observations.What amazes me is what seems to be a general lack of a since of humor in this forum.Truthfully,the posts I have read here are filled with people being rude to each other.My apologies about wasting peoples time here.As I feel I have wasted mine.I wish you all the best,but I don't think I'll fit in around here..

That's the problem with new folks. You don't take the time to read more and post less. If you would stick around and read a bit, perhaps do a little searching, you'll find that there are many folks here who know each other pretty well and have a history, and what might appear to you as being rude is actually sarcasm or friendly bantering back and forth. Let me ask you this: Are the posts in the buy/sell/trade forum where members are helping each other out by trading or finding good cigars with each other rude? Or how about the numerous contests that are running where members are giving away premium cigars for free? Now I know the number of cigars we've donated to the troops is a great sign of how rude we are. Or how about the members who take the time to photo-document reviews of great cigars for the rest of us? I think the biggest offender must be that guy who has put countless hours into that Vitolas website, perhaps one of the greatest premium cigar references out there!

Oh no, wait, I know, we were being rude when we told that girl she was trying to sell us fake Esplendidos yesterday right? You know, that one who tried to come to a cigar forum and tell us that we didn't know shit, and that her cigars couldn't possibly be fake?

Well, I could go on, but since you already said you don't fit in around here I doubt you'll be reading this...

8566-008-20-1084.gif

I think y'all took this one the wrong way and chased away a possible member. JMHO.

I hope I don't regret this :whistling:

In the event you're gone it doesn't matter.

In the event you are still looking: (from a fellow newbie)

The rudeness, lack of humor, etc. which you reference is easy to perceive if you come in here and handle your self improperly. I am not saying you did because I am not going to take the time to read all of your posts.

What I am saying is this......I think too many people especially lately join here, like I did, thinking "This place can provide me with some great knowledge, or I can meet some other BOTL's, or this place might give me a way to HERF with some cool guys" In other words using this forum for my enjoyment.

What I didn't realize until I had been here a while is that this forum is a family, a group of brothers and sisters, a well established core of good people! Yes there are those who appear to lie in wait for a newbie to make a mistake, and yes there are those who don't appear to have much humor, but if you realize that this forum is a microcosm of life you will subsequently realize that any aspect of life has those who are different. Additionally you need to understand that varying senses of humor don't come across too well on line.

At work we have asshats, in our families we have asshats, at the local club there are asshats, in your core group of friends you probably have asshats, but as with most aspects of life, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Take the time to see what really goes on here, earn the trust and friendship of a few people and you will love it here! Unless of course it really just isn't for you.

Edited for grammer................

There is plenty of humor here but it is more easy to pick up sarcasm/satire/whatever from people you know then someone who just showed up. While I picked up the humor in the OP, it would be easy to lump it in with all the other legitimate bullshit posts we have had here recently. Now if someone established made the same post it would likely be received very differently. For example, when Moki trolls Wilkey in a thread we all know he is doing it in fun and it is just friendly heckling/hazing/ribbing. If random new guy came in and started trolling established members they wouldn't get very far. Basically my point is while, as AVB pointed out, we were probably a little hard on this guy, the code of behavior for noobs is necessarily different that for established members.

uh oh,

i fall into this category. should i lay low a little longer and not post for a while. i was going to ask a couple of questions but don't have asbestos underwear yet. LOL

thanks,
mike

Mikey,
I think most people here can (usually---we all get it wrong once in a while) tell between those who are here because they love cigars and want to be a member of this community, and those who are looking for trouble.
If you have questions, go ahead and ask them (though if they are of the type that may have been asked before, go ahead and give search a try first....if you don't find what you're looking for, THEN ask). If you have comments, make them. I would simply advise that given the particularly rough seas we've been in lately, being cognizant of the fact that it might be slightly bumpy while getting established would serve one quite well.

I think y'all took this one the wrong way and chased away a possible member. JMHO.

I hope I don't regret this :whistling:

In the event you're gone it doesn't matter.

In the event you are still looking: (from a fellow newbie)

The rudeness, lack of humor, etc. which you reference is easy to perceive if you come in here and handle your self improperly. I am not saying you did because I am not going to take the time to read all of your posts.

What I am saying is this......I think too many people especially lately join here, like I did, thinking "This place can provide me with some great knowledge, or I can meet some other BOTL's, or this place might give me a way to HERF with some cool guys" In other words using this forum for my enjoyment.

What I didn't realize until I had been here a while is that this forum is a family, a group of brothers and sisters, a well established core of good people! Yes there are those who appear to lie in wait for a newbie to make a mistake, and yes there are those who don't appear to have much humor, but if you realize that this forum is a microcosm of life you will subsequently realize that any aspect of life has those who are different. Additionally you need to understand that varying senses of humor don't come across too well on line.

At work we have asshats, in our families we have asshats, at the local club there are asshats, in your core group of friends you probably have asshats, but as with most aspects of life, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Take the time to see what really goes on here, earn the trust and friendship of a few people and you will love it here! Unless of course it really just isn't for you.

Edited for grammer................

There is plenty of humor here but it is more easy to pick up sarcasm/satire/whatever from people you know then someone who just showed up. While I picked up the humor in the OP, it would be easy to lump it in with all the other legitimate bullshit posts we have had here recently. Now if someone established made the same post it would likely be received very differently. For example, when Moki trolls Wilkey in a thread we all know he is doing it in fun and it is just friendly heckling/hazing/ribbing. If random new guy came in and started trolling established members they wouldn't get very far. Basically my point is while, as AVB pointed out, we were probably a little hard on this guy, the code of behavior for noobs is necessarily different that for established members.

+1

I read it the same way.

D

Same here.

i agree the majority of us mistook this stab at sarcastic humor, but he left on his own volition after understanding the community. He knew himself well enough to understand that he wouldn't fit in here.
I Came back in this eveining after thinking for a while and haveing a chance to finaly relax.In reviewing my reaction to this I realized I was not giveing this site a fair chance.Yes I think there are some AssHats here.But I can be an AssHat at times Myself.the fact that I had been on the road for around 8 weeks and was getting burned out did not help.I am sitting here with a Sam Addams an OpusX and a shot of Patron Silver and thinking to myself,If it's ok with the members here I'll hang out a while,read some and maby get to know some of you better.There are a few members here I recognize from the other site I am a member of who might know me as rottenzombie.and I will say this,I will most likley make attemps at sarcastic humor in the future.(sorry)

Well then, welcome back to one of the finest cigar oriented communities. Some of us can take a joke, no matter how lame they are :laugh: . Keep them coming.