• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BEST PRICES EVER GUARANTEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Said.....

I'm just shedding a comment on how I braced myself for coming here. I had bad expectations and those we're shot down. If you'll read my post I must have "misunderstood" Jake's advice for something else.

Well i'm off I have to help these guys finish paperwork. If you guys want this deal I need you to contact me directly it's not availble online my ext is 101 number is 866-571-8919. If you don't want to do business with us after seeing Shawn's performance I can certainly understand. Again please accept my sincere appoligies.

I'll be back in a few weeks to inroduce myself properly and get off to the right start!

Thanks guys and have a great night!

What a warm welcome I'm getting here. So much for being honest and stepping to the plate I guess? I get less drama from my wife. I had a feeling coming here and being a stand up guy might bite me in the ass in the long run. I can say that from a standpoint of reputation. A few members on these boards are doing for you what Shawn has done for us. For example I've been told by every shop owner, distributor and in some cases the cigar makers themselves at the RTDA that this board has a bad reputation for being rude and very unwelcoming to anyone it meets.

See, Chris, as a business owner myself, I can tell you that posting something like this is just really not a good idea. It foments the idea of an adversarial relationship between an enthusiasts forum, and retailers of the product they enjoy.

What you stated may be true for some of the people you've talked to, but there's still no reason to post it here.

Al (puffstuff) is a good example to follow. He has an excellent reputation with people here, and he benefits by creating satisfied customers out of enthusiasts here who will undoubtably recommend his business to others.

Well Said.....

I'm just shedding a comment on how I braced myself for coming here. I had bad expectations and those we're shot down. If you'll read my post I must have "misunderstood" Jake's advice for something else.

Well i'm off I have to help these guys finish paperwork. If you guys want this deal I need you to contact me directly it's not availble online my ext is 101 number is 866-571-8919. If you don't want to do business with us after seeing Shawn's performance I can certainly understand. Again please accept my sincere appoligies.

I'll be back in a few weeks to inroduce myself properly and get off to the right start!

Thanks guys and have a great night!

Chris, I was being honest in my posts, and eventhough it may be falling on "deaf ears" it's something I could shed some light on to maybe improve the situation ever so slightly. I don't know your boss, or your position at the company, but it must be one with stature and you must hold some amount of authority. That authority can be used to improve the business.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way. If you are willing to discuss who you currently use to distribute your AF products, markups from wholesale, suggestions on other distributors, etc. etc. feel free to pm me and I'll do what I can to look into for you, and possibly improve the situation as you described it.

Chris:

Since I am the one who started the issue of your pricing, let me explain.

Issue #1 I respect your stepping up to clean up the mess created by Shawn.

Issue #2 Yes my comments about "Suggested Prices" being 100% over MSRP were in reference to Fuente but regardless of the fact that you don't have the status with Fuente to get good prices, it is still 100% in your (the company's) control as to how you do business. Listing a severely inflated price and then discounting it to make it look like you give good deals is deceptive in my mind. What is meant by your "Suggested Price"? I think most consumers would tend to associate that with MSRP........the impression I get is that your management is well aware of that and is trying to make the fast buck off the uneducated buyer.

For example, I want to buy a car; dealer "A" has it for $27,000 and I drive it away for $27,000 out the door after a bit of haggling. Dealer "B" has it for $51,000 and has giant 40% off signs and I can get it out the door for $30,000. Forget the price difference out the door, dealer "B" is a shyster and is preying on the uneducated buyer!

This could be why you are having trouble getting the relationship with Fuente and the other "premium" cigar manufacturers.

As far as this board, in my short time here I have come to realize that these guys can smell BS before it is even unwrapped ;)

Al thanks for accepting Bob's message for me. I know he is a worthless POS but I still somehow rely on him, go figure. I'll be calling you tomorrow and verifying my CC info and to thank you!! That's an insane deal.

I blame Robbie. About time it's for something good! :laugh:

Shawn!!!!!!!!111111one

Tell us about the mikej account!!!

Come on bro!! Tell us!!!

Rod!
PS - over use of the exclamation point really is annoying...
Someone told me to try out the whole MikeJ thing. My business admin teacher actually, said it was a good idea, obviously not. Said do to the failing economy you have to be more aggresive in today's market. Like I said be4 I apologize if I offended anyone just trying to keep the edge and not get complacient. But seriously we do have some pretty good deals and I wanted to get some attention for it.

Ha! I knew it was a test!

Tell your business admin teacher that a 'good product at a good price with good service' is the best way to go.

And tell him he's FIRED!

Heck, I'd report the idiot to the Department Chair!

---------------------------------

Chris as far as retailers mentioning Cigarpass' reputation precedes itself:
1) I find that hard to believe - but not improbable
2) I am grateful for it!

Cigarpass does demand a modicum honesty and integrity. Standards some people just don't follow.

When folks come here, they sometimes learn via trial by fire!
At times, those who don't hold to honesty and integrity get burned because they eventually have to face themselves.
Some folks even become better for it.

Cigarpass can be an in your 'grill' kinda place - when it see's fit.

We call this a community, because it is.

Sit back and take a look at how this place works...then formulate your own view! ;)

Souldog expressed some concern over a potential black eye to CP. My guess is that with "less than straight up" vendors we probably are not viewed too kindly because they know they will get their head handed to them by our basic members let alone FOG's. This is not directed toward Chris or his company but an overall observation as to why such a warning may have been issued to Chris.

Al thanks for accepting Bob's message for me. I know he is a worthless POS but I still somehow rely on him, go figure. I'll be calling you tomorrow and verifying my CC info and to thank you!! That's an insane deal.

I blame you for this whole mess :D

If you hadn't been so gung-ho on the 858 versus 8-5-8 issue we wouldn't have had all this fun :thumbs:

I blame you for this whole mess :D

If you hadn't been so gung-ho on the 858 versus 8-5-8 issue we wouldn't have had all this fun :thumbs:

You know... I still haven't gotten an answer... :laugh:

Just goes to show you what kind of a stand up guy Al really is.

Nice job bro!

For example I've been told by every shop owner, distributor and in some cases the cigar makers themselves at the RTDA that this board has a bad reputation for being rude and very unwelcoming to anyone it meets.

Chris,

Just a few facts... CigarPass has been online for nearly 10 years. Over the years, we have seen many cigar forums come and go, some crash and burn. We've not only remained afloat, but we have developed a reputation for being the only cigar community where you won't get screwed. All other forums are moderated - we're the real deal. Come to CP and you're playing in the real world, no BS, no moderators, no covering up bullshit, no protecting scammers... CP is the largest independantly owned and operated cigar community around. Our morals and ethics are well preserved. We call BS when we see it, plain and simple. Other cigar forums are so member hungry, they cover up anything and everything negative. We allow our members freedom of speech; most of all, we allow our members to interact as ADULTS. Visit any of the other forums? Members are treated like little kids (posts are deleted, members banned for trying to protect others, passwords scrambled, etc). There's a rather significant transition going on right now in the cigar community (all of the large cigar forums were recently acquired by an internet mogul - they tried to buy us, we refused to sell); I'm proud to say we're not part of that transition, we're free thinkers, and we will continue to operate this community in the same manner that has proven successful over the many years we've been around.

I was at the IPCPR and met with many of the manufactuers, including several shop owners. I heard nothing negative whatsoever about CP. I have solid relationships with some of the most well known manufacturers and cigar shops out there. To say that you've been told by "EVERY" shop owner, distributor and cigar maker that we have a bad reputation is perposterous, and very grammar school like. Those who dislike CP are the ones who like to hide behind smoke and mirrors; or perhaps their company tried to pull a fast one over on the membership here and got caught. That's usually what happens when people are bitter towards us. ;) Compare us to the rest of the online cigar world, and I'd say we're pretty damn successful.

You've lost all credibility with me based upon your comment above. Insulting this entire community is no way to operate a successful business. Our sponsorship program is very strict - we do not allow just any shop to advertise. This community is not about money, and we're not hungry for sponsors. We only accept and associate with the best and most reputable.

Regards,
Rod

lol wow, almost didn't make it through the whole dam thread. Take a lesson from Al and Moki and really do something to earn business, first off read the dam rules and follow them. Then offer a good deal not just 2% less than most other people online if your going to go, go all in. For instance we move a ton of Viaje Oro cigars, but since they are releasing the new blend I want to move some stock. So I would get on here and post the following.

Viaje Oro boxes and singles 35% off with this coupon. it expires on the 20th of December so act fast. On check out just put in this coupon code 79aa3d

These are the Viaje Oro cigars that were made in the JdN factory.

The whole business thing is very simple great deals with great customer service. Yes this coupon is real and active so have fun with it. Man I have to go get ready to go to the store and have a cigar now lol.

Rod....well stated!

---------------------

Mindriot...this better not turn into a 'sales' war between vendors! :whistling:

nope no price war between vendors, just wanted to pass along the savings in the store to my buds at CP. oh and make a point to the best prices ever guaranteed people.

One of the best threads i have read yet on my short CP stay. Way to go guys :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.