• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Rock Song Ever?

Do you like Shiraz Lee? Some of them are fairly spicey with a bite like chianti. The shiraz went good with the Monte, but even better with the lighter bodied Choix Supreme. What the hell, 2 isom's down, better go get 1 more for the third strike. Woo hoo. Herfin on Monday night football. :thumbs:

Emo

Hey look Lee, I am a made man!

Yeah, I'm going to Williamsburg for three days for a training and we gonna smoke and drink and watch some foozball!
fun_55.gif

McPatrickClan said:
Man, that is funny. Wascal, are you same guy who has a conceal & carry license?
Yep, that's me. But never carried when stoned. But then I haven't been stoned in 14 years, they test for that now. :angry:

All these old tunes listed has me crankin up the stereo, hope the neighbors don't call the law. :0

" Hello, 911? there is a old greyhaired fat man next door sittin out on the porch smokin a cigar with the stereo turned up so loud that my windows are rattlin. Think you could send someone up here, I tried to yell at him but the music is too loud for him to hear me."

Wascal

Great post, something new :thumbs: :thumbs:
Well for me it would have to be:

KISS - Shout it out loud! #1 SONG
kISS - EVERYTHING ELSE THEY HAVE DONE
Led Zepplin- to many to list
Pink Floyd - Live Delicate Sound of Thunder {the whole cd}
Stevie Ray Vavghan - Everything he has done!
Eric Clapton - crossroads
Creed
U2
Van Halen
The Who
Jeff Beck
Jimmy
Matalica
RUSH

Have you seen the Delicate sound of thunder live video? good stuff :thumbs:

I have not been able to find it on DVD yet :(

SORRY :p When i get back from LA I can make a copy of the video for ya?

Neat thread guys... brings back a lot of memories!

For me... I don't have a favorite song but every once in awhile I'll pop these two bands into my car stereo and turn it up....

BOSTON & AEROSMITH

My 6 year old daughter thinks I'm crazy as hell when I start to rock out on the freeway... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

Great thread but asking me to pick a favorite song would be like trying to pick a favorite cigar. Since Pink Floyd has come up alot I'll name my favorite Floyd song. St. Tropez

Matt: The sugarhill gang reminds of rollerskating when I was younger! :D

ditto on the "learning to fly",

and even though i am a devoted clapton fan, and loved cream (white room, tales of brave ullyses (sp?), sunshine of your love, et. al.) but since i play a little guitar, i have to rate the best rock guitar solo as david gilmour's from floyd's comfortably numb!!!! he really proves that less is more. :)

Nice "set" list guys.

I'll add a couple....

Hey Mr. Spaceman - The Byrds
Neil Young - Harvest album
Alan Parsons Project- Tales of Mystery and Imagination

...and while not quite rock and roll, I have to add John Hartford's Aeroplane album. 'Twas truly a pivotal album for me in many ways along with The White Album by you know who.

I would have to say The White Album is my all time favorite album thus far.

Looking through a glass onion...

JerryG

FT hehe, no crack here, don't need my heart exploding :p

I agree the orginal Magic Carpet Ride is great, but I kinda dig the SMiller version. I like the um, I think it's the Crystal Method's remix of it too, kinda trippy, in that, "hey, look at all the colors' kind of way.

I'd have to agree with almost every single song that people have posted, and for a trip in the way back machine, Matt's post about the Sugar Hill Gang got me thinkin... That was the very first album I ever bought. I was 8 at the time, and my parents thought that 'that rap $h1t' as they lovingly called it, would rot my mind LOL... But then when NWA came out and they heard F* the Police, well, SHGang wasn't their worry anymore :p

McP, again, this is a great thread

Thanks, Smokin'! I am seriously about to get a pad of paper and a pen so I can write these albums and singles down. I'm only 25, but I am building a nice collection of GOOD music. You find that some stuff blows away with the season change and some stuff seems great no matter how many years later it is. I just believe so strongly in the greatness of bands like Pink Floyd, I wanted to see what you guys thought.

I also love more current bands like P.O.D., Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, & Project 86.

A few more good ones McP...mostly more current, and some not really on topic as you can't really consider them "classic" rock n roll. Good nonetheless.

My favorite band:
Seek Up - Dave Matthews Band (the live version on Red Rocks)
Alive - Edwin McCain
In a Daydream - Freddy Jones Band
All Around Us - Pat McGee Band
Night Meets Light - Dixie Dregs
The Man Who Would Be Santa - Vertical Horizon
Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

McPatrickClan said:
Thanks, Smokin'! I am seriously about to get a pad of paper and a pen so I can write these albums and singles down. I'm only 25, but I am building a nice collection of GOOD music. You find that some stuff blows away with the season change and some stuff seems great no matter how many years later it is. I just believe so strongly in the greatness of bands like Pink Floyd, I wanted to see what you guys thought.

I also love more current bands like P.O.D., Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, & Project 86.
LOL, you did the same thing I did. I've got my pad and paper here too, going to have to go find the singles for some of these songs.

OOOOOh, since you just got the MP3 player, here's a decent site for downloading music legally. You pay something like 9.95 a month for unlimited downloads. Pretty good site, I just downloaded Bob Marley's first couple of records, remastered.

emusic dot com

There's of course the 'other' methods, but I try hard to keep as legal as possible, unless the song is off an import that I can't find at a vintage vinyl store...