• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Job Interview Tomorrow.

I think that it went really well. I didn't have the best answer for 100% of his questions, but I think I answered most pretty good. I also found stuff I could relate to the boss with on a personal level. Motorcycles, golf...etc. Looking around the office area, I noticed quite a few younger guys, so I guess I fit that profile. They interviewed 3 guys including myself, for I think 2 positions. I arrived there first, interviewed with the manager first. One of the guys actually showed up like 25 minutes late. All in all, I'm pretty confident, but you never know. I learned that the hard way on the last place I interviewed at. THe guy damn near told me I had the position, then changed his mind over the weekend. The human resources lady told me that they would all get together tomorrow, and would let us know pretty quickly.

One thing I'm kind of concerned with is the eng. manager asked me how the job hunt was actually going. If I had interviewed at many places etc. So I decided to tell him that I actually had an offer from another company, but was trying to stall them because this is the job that I wanted. Which is true...

Hopefully I hear something soon. No cigar until I do :whistling:

Hillbilly Steaks said:
[snapback]286890[/snapback]​

I hope you do too...but are such draconian measures really neccesary? maybe no ISOM's until you do...or perhaps...nothing with an MSRP over 8 bucks....
no need to torture yourself, man!

Hillbilly Steaks said:
I think that it went really well. I didn't have the best answer for 100% of his questions, but I think I answered most pretty good. I also found stuff I could relate to the boss with on a personal level. Motorcycles, golf...etc. Looking around the office area, I noticed quite a few younger guys, so I guess I fit that profile. They interviewed 3 guys including myself, for I think 2 positions. I arrived there first, interviewed with the manager first. One of the guys actually showed up like 25 minutes late. All in all, I'm pretty confident, but you never know. I learned that the hard way on the last place I interviewed at. THe guy damn near told me I had the position, then changed his mind over the weekend. The human resources lady told me that they would all get together tomorrow, and would let us know pretty quickly.

One thing I'm kind of concerned with is the eng. manager asked me how the job hunt was actually going. If I had interviewed at many places etc. So I decided to tell him that I actually had an offer from another company, but was trying to stall them because this is the job that I wanted. Which is true...

Keeping my fingers cross for you Erick!!!

~Mark

Good luck...
Did they give you any idea on when you would hear about their decision?

Not to jinx it or anything, but from the sounds of it, you have nothing to worry about...soooo....let me be the first person to say....CONGRATULATIONS!!!

(like I said, sounds good to me, but if I'm wrong, it's gonna be really hard to pull a size 13 out of my mouth!)

Hillbilly Steaks said:
One thing I'm kind of concerned with is the eng. manager asked me how the job hunt was actually going.  If I had interviewed at many places etc.  So I decided to tell him that I actually had an offer from another company, but was trying to stall them because this is the job that I wanted.  Which is true...

Hopefully I hear something soon.  No cigar until I do :whistling:

Well done! I can't tell you how many interviews I've done as a hiring manager. That this guy asked and you gave that answer is a thumbs up for you both. Don't spend your first paycheck yet, but damn!

edit: OBTW, did any of them ask the asshat questions?

NullSmurf said:
Hillbilly Steaks said:
One thing I'm kind of concerned with is the eng. manager asked me how the job hunt was actually going.  If I had interviewed at many places etc.  So I decided to tell him that I actually had an offer from another company, but was trying to stall them because this is the job that I wanted.  Which is true...

Hopefully I hear something soon.  No cigar until I do :whistling:

Well done! I can't tell you how many interviews I've done as a hiring manager. That this guy asked and you gave that answer is a thumbs up for you both. Don't spend your first paycheck yet, but damn!

edit: OBTW, did any of them ask the asshat questions?
[snapback]287017[/snapback]​

He sure did. at one point, he just said "tell me a little bit about you" I just told him that I was into motorcycle racing and had a side hobby of bbq. That's when he asked me what kind of bike I had because he had been into the same stuff. We talked about bikes for a while actually.

Congrats on the interview going well, hopefully you hear what you want to hear out of it.