• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bioshock 2 > Bioshock 1

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Reaction score
Better Story, insane fire fights, little sisters you can adopt, big sisters who can kick your ass.

.50 cal mini-guns, Hot rivet death to a splicers face!

If you liked the first one, you owe it to yourself to pick up the second!

I am about 1.5 hours in and I love to fire a rivet gun to a splicers face. I like it so far. I was very impressed with the 1st game and so far this one is keeping pace. :thumbs:

Sounds like it's cool, but I never even finished the first one. The game gave me a headache, maybe it was the graphics or the music or something, but it made me feel sick after playing for like an hour.

The graphics is amazing!

But the storyline so far is pretty much the same.

The graphics is amazing!

No its not, not at all.

The story goes much deeper into the story of rapture. Of course to do so it has to touch bases with the first game, but I find this story to be much deeper than the first one.

And @ Dr. Marneaus, you get the same from other FPS games? You might have an inner ear problem, games used to do the same thing to me and it turns out my inner ear was blocked.

The graphics is amazing!

No its not, not at all.

The story goes much deeper into the story of rapture. Of course to do so it has to touch bases with the first game, but I find this story to be much deeper than the first one.

And @ Dr. Marneaus, you get the same from other FPS games? You might have an inner ear problem, games used to do the same thing to me and it turns out my inner ear was blocked.

Nah, other FPS's don't do it to me. Only other game that made me feel like this was wolfenstien 3D, haha. I can game for hours on some stuff, but bioshock just makes my head hurt after any prolonged gaming experience.

The graphics is amazing!

No its not, not at all.

I agree that it is deeper. Just got me a .50 cal wiped out a group of splicers. :D

Left For Dead does the same thing with me... 5 minutes of playing it, and I have enough of a headache to be out cold for the rest of the evening... the shakes, cold sweats, general feeling like Im dying. And It makes me very sad... I LOVED L4D Lan Parties... someone told me that turning off Motion Blur Effects might stop the headaches, but if its the same with you, Im not willing to give it a chance.

Sounds like it's cool, but I never even finished the first one. The game gave me a headache, maybe it was the graphics or the music or something, but it made me feel sick after playing for like an hour.

Are you playing in wide screen mode? Bioshock 1 had some some widescreen problems which a lot of people got headaches from. When it does widescreen it takes the 4:3 ratio and then clips the tops off and zooms in which has cause people to get sick. Go to you video options and select fix aspect ratio or something like that and see if it helps.

Link

Posting this from another forum for the FOV fix. If you cheat its on you...

Look for a file called User.ini (Make a backup of it, just in case)

Open it in notepad and under the heading [Default] look for an unbound key (I prefer the numpad keys)

Then simply add one of these commands after it (Yes they are Bioshock 1 commands but all the ones I've tested so far work)

Example-
NumPad0=God
NumPad1=IGBigbucks

Heres the list

God - Invincibility
Fly - Allows you to fly around
Walk - Disables fly and ghost mode
Ghost - Allows you to move through solid objects
Suicide - Kills your character
Killpawns - Kills all enemy on the level
ToggleshowAIs - Toggles the presence of enemy On/Off
Givehealth - Refills your Health bar
Givebioammo - Refills your Eve bar
IGBigbucks - Gives you $500
HideHUD - Disables the on-screen HUD elements
ShowHUD - Enables the on-screen HUD elements
ToggleHUD - Toggles the on-screen HUD elements On/Off
Slomo - Slows everything down
Freezeframe - Freezes the game
Shot - Takes a screenshot in BMP format and places it in the same folder as BioShock.ini
Togglesoundeffects - Turns sound effects (but not music or ambient sounds) On/Off
SetFOV [degrees] - Sets your Field of View to the specified degrees, e.g. SetFOV 90
ResetFOV - Resets Field of View to default

If your on a PC with a 16:10 Monitor the correct FOV up from 65 is 100 but 85-100 will be OK depending on your own personal preference.

Also to have it walking keeps the FOV at 87 (or whatever) just bind it to the walk key

W=walkforward | SetFOV 87

everytime you zoom/stop zoom and it resets to 75 you just walk forward instead of hitting a seperate key. YOu may even be able to bind it to the zoom key toggle so it will reset to your custom fov.

Has anyone tried multiplayer yet? I tried the other day, it seems like there isn't many people on.

What game system is everybody playing on? I almost picked up the original for PC but was questioning my laptops graphics ability (GeForce 8600M GT). But now that I have a PS3... :whistling:

What game system is everybody playing on? I almost picked up the original for PC but was questioning my laptops graphics ability (GeForce 8600M GT). But now that I have a PS3... :whistling:

I am using PS3 and it is great.

man i can't wait for valentines day the girlfriend is getting it for me and you guys are making it sound like it's better than the first.

What game system is everybody playing on?

I play it on
INTEL CORE i5
GIGABYTE GA-P55-US3L
PATRIOT 4096MB
GIGABYTE HD5770 1GB
SAMSUNG LA37B530 FULL HD

All setting on max,looks amazing.

P.S.
Cheating on pc games is LAME. :whistling:

What game system is everybody playing on?

I play it on
INTEL CORE i5
GIGABYTE GA-P55-US3L
PATRIOT 4096MB
GIGABYTE HD5770 1GB
SAMSUNG LA37B530 FULL HD

All setting on max,looks amazing.

P.S.
Cheating on pc games is LAME. :whistling:

Of course cheating is lame... But until the FOV fix comes out the info in my post is the only way to fix it, I was just too lazy to filter out only the FOV info.

My Rig

AMD Quad-Core AM2+ Phenom II 940 Black Edition2 @ 3.5Ghz Air Cooled Noctua NH-C12P
8 gigs of Corsair DDR-2 1066 Dominator RAM
Bootdrive 2 x OCZ Vertex SSD 64Gbyte Drives in RAID 0 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Drive for Games 1 x WD Caviar Black 1Tbyte
Drive for Programs 1 x WD Caviar Black 1Tbyte
1 x Gainward GTX275 GS 896MB - 196.21 Drivers
1 x Sound Blaster X-Fi Gamer - 2.18.0013 Drivers
Samsung SyncMaster 2233BW 22 inch 16:10 Monitor