• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Black light?

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Anyone know where you can buy a little black-light flashlight type thing? Something to emit black light so you can see some of the security codes on seals.

robert langdon probably has a few connections.

(about 4 people will think thats funny, i apologize in advance for the rest of you for wasting your time)

(about 4 people will think thats funny, i apologize in advance for the rest of you for wasting your time)

Apology accepted. :p

Now somebody clue me in on the funny please.

Wilkey

Apology accepted. :p

Now somebody clue me in on the funny please.

Wilkey

Robert Langdon is the main character in Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and the earlier Angels & Demons. He uses blacklight in certain situations. Bad joke.

Zee,

I bought my Inova X1 UV here.

Wilkey

Thanks for the link Wilkey!

Zee,
I sell handheld blacklights at my store in Mississauga.
Battery operated. Designed for stamp collectors.
PM me if you need one.

E

Um, I missed this one in my Secret Squirrel code kit. Wilkey, would you elaborate on these ultra violet box codes?

Zee,
Do not order the unit I indicated above. I received mine today and apparently it emits long wavelength UV. The Cuban seal does not fluoresce under long wavelength UV. I can, however, see it using a broad spectrum UV lamp (that emits long, and medium-short UV) and the seals are visible.

Centurycigar,
Have you confirmed that your little light will make visible the Cuban seal on boxes of Habanos? If so, looks like I'll need one.

Wilkey

Zee,
Do not order the unit I indicated above. I received mine today and apparently it emits long wavelength UV. The Cuban seal does not fluoresce under long wavelength UV. I can, however, see it using a broad spectrum UV lamp (that emits long, and medium-short UV) and the seals are visible.

Centurycigar,
Have you confirmed that your little light will make visible the Cuban seal on boxes of Habanos? If so, looks like I'll need one.

Wilkey

No I haven't tested it out on a Habanos box.
However, I have both the Longwave (Black Light) and Shortwave (Clear) is stock.
If you can find out if they show up under a shortwave light, then you can go for the shortwave.
Unfortanetly, I only know the use, when it comes to philately.

Zee,

Centurycigar,

Wilkey

Good thing I'm not an impulsive buyer. :laugh:

Im gonna bring one of each home and test them on a couple of my cuban boxes, just for you guys ! :D
I only have older boxes, hopefully they have the new labels on them.

Im gonna bring one of each home and test them on a couple of my cuban boxes, just for you guys ! :D
I only have older boxes, hopefully they have the new labels on them.

You're a good man century. Whichover one works, I'll take. :)

They sell the "check for pet urine" or its called something like that on tv, u can use the light that is provided to find it then use their product to clean it. I saw this at Target the other day for around 20 or less.

I don't see why u couldn't use it.

Here it is
http://www.asontv.com/products/1120063172.html

Yeah don't get the ones that are LED bulbs (probably like the one Wilkey has), they won't show the seals. The one for pet stains (battery operated) does work but doesn't put out a whole lot of light. I finally settled on the old 18 inch light from Home depot. Plus, my daughter uses it in her room when I am not using it. -D

-D

I picked one up awhile ago at Petsmart....around $15 or $16 bucks. Have used it and it works on the box seals

Yeah don't get the ones that are LED bulbs (probably like the one Wilkey has), they won't show the seals.

This is your problem Wilkey.

I just finished testing both the Longwave and Shortwave UV lights.
and the Longwave shows the hidden seal. The shortwave did nothing.
Shortwave is used for a particular type of tagging that mainly the US and GB use for their stamps.

If anybody needs one of the Longwave UV lights, I have them on special right now for $20.95 CDN, Regularly $22.95 CDN.
I will do FREE SHIPPING to my BOTL's. I test each one before shipping.

Please see link below for image and info:
http://www.centurystamps.com/supplies/supp...fm?SupplyID=759

Go through me directly if one is needed.

Thanks guys, hope this helps.

Emil

Awww, crap. Thanks for the clarification Emil. I appreciate your setting me straight.

Wilkey