• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blank Cigar bands

Thanks alot brother for doin' the ground work work us and being the middle man. See you when you get back..... :D

Hi, folks... many probably know me from CigarFamily or CigarWeekly... also participated in the CP Fantasy Football League last year.

If there is a better place for this topic now, moderators, please feel free to move it. Alternatively, if there are other areas that might be interested, please feel free to post there and point folks to this topic if interested. I'm new here, not sure of the appropriate protocols, feel free to help a guy out.

Without further ado...

This is a group buy for blank self adhesive cigar bands. It will close on August 15, 2003. I did one of these before back in March and folks really liked the bands and I've been getting quite a few requests to do it again, so here it is. BTW, I've cross posted this to a number of different boards.

The bands are blank white paper with self adhesive. They are a traditional cigar band shape. One end of the band is scored through the backing, so the tip of that end can be peeled off easily, exposing the adhesive. They can be used on a wide range of ring gauges by trimming the band and backing with scissors.

I am offering these up at $30 per 1,000 bands which should cover all of my costs. (Freight to me for the main shipment as well as postage and packing materials when sending them back out to people.)

To be involved, please do one of the following as soon as possible... absolute deadline is August 15, 2003:

1) Use a PayPal balance or eCheck to send $30 to rramstad@alum.mit.edu and 1,000 bands will be sent to the address on file with PayPal.

The regular type of PayPal account involves no fees but can not accept credit card payments. I have one of these at rramstad@alum.mit.edu -- great for folks who use PayPal a lot and so have balances and/or they have PayPal hooked up to a checking account and can send eChecks. $30 per 1,000 is the right amount to send if going this route.

2) Use a credit card with PayPal to send $31.25 to rramstad@yahoo.com and 1,000 bands will be sent to the address on file with PayPal.

The other kind of PayPal account "Premier" has fees charged for ANY kind of payment but can accept credit card payments. I have one of these accounts at rramstad@yahoo.com -- I only got this account for the occasional person who really needs to use a credit card. $31.25 per 1,000 is the right amount to send if going this route.

3) Send me EMAIL to rramstad@yahoo.com with name, handle & BBS and shipping address and send payment of $30 per 1,000 bands to me at

Bob Ramstad
3608 2nd Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107-4911

Money order or cashiers check preferred, personal check OK for folks with good trader comments.

I'll have enough bands made up for everyone who either a) sends payment through PayPal by August 15th or b) sends me email and puts a payment in the mail by August 15th. Ergo, if you want bands, send a payment, and you'll get bands, there is no limit on the quantity I can have made up. I will update this thread two or three times between now and then with lists of folks who I have received payments from. The finished bands should be in my hands and out the door to everyone by September 8th.

Any questions, please send me email at rramstad@yahoo.com -- that's the best way to contact me. Thanks!

-- Bob

Blank cigar bands? Are they for invisible cigars :p

Sorry ,just sick of flooding here in ohio, and bored. Thanks for doing this. :thumbs:

I've dealt with Bob over at CF before. Straight up guy who will treat you right. Not onyl that he comes from my home town - so you know he has to be all right *grin*.

Sam

Two very common applications:

1) Trade sticks. When I get sticks in trade, I write the cigar brand, type, person I got it from, date, and type of trade on a label, and apply it to the cigar. When I smoke it, I keep the band, and use it as a reminder to tell the person what I thought of the cigar, as well as thanking them again for the trade.

The date on the band helps me rotate my stock i.e. I'm mostly smoking cigars now that I got in trades from about a year ago.

2) Box codes and dates. Many Cuban cigar smokers like to keep track of the date a cigar was produced. Some Cuban cigars come without bands at all, and again, writing the brand and style on the band really helps keep things organized.

Folks have told me these are the two things they do a lot with the bands. I've even received cigars in a trade which had the information already on a band on each cigar... kind of neat!

sibernation said:
Blank cigar bands? Are they for invisible cigars :p

Sorry ,just sick of flooding here in ohio, and bored. Thanks for doing this. :thumbs:
I thought you moved to Nebraska...boy I am lost!!!!!

I got my 1000 on its way.

I bought two cabinets of ISOM's this spring that were all unbanded. I could be wrong since I haven't baught that many ISOM's but the cabinet boxed ones tend to all be unbanded by tradition,(just bound with a yellow ribbon in a wheel), with the presentation boxes tending to all be banded.

I really like the idea of keeping track of an ISOM's age with them, and the trade idea is awsome, I really need to do that.

Just a quick and short status update.

At this point, payments have been received for a total of 12,000 bands. (All via PayPal.)

I'm anticipating a few checks as well based on the email messages I've gotten, but none have arrived.

I will update this thread with an initial list of the folks who have paid around the middle of next week.

If you are interested in participating, please let me know and make arrangements ASAP for payment... it's a real PITA to deal with a bunch of last minute requests. Thanks!

Kenny,

I didn't see this until just now. If there is any way I can get in on this, let me know. I would LOVE this!

Just let me know....I am in for 1,000.

GB

GB, hey bro!! Long time and all dat! If you want in just send an e-mail to Bob at rramstad@yahoo.com. Give him your addy and send him some money via PayPal, MO or whatever. Scroll back and read his first post in this thread - all you need to know is there.

Back