• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bless me AVBfor I have sinned...

KusoJijii

in your humidor
I don't know what I was thinking but I enjoyed it.

062600164500.jpg

Wow. Whatever works for you, but wouldn't the 12 have worked as nicely? For that matter, Johnnie Red?

It's like sticking a paper clip in a light socket...........You can,but why would you want to.

Oh my Lord, I literally gasped when I saw this! Just wait until Ray gets here. Let the ass whooping commence!
laugh.gif

In a past life, I worked as a bartender and had Chivas and coke ordered precisely one time. One time in years behind the bar, I got an order for (any) scotch and anything besides, neat, rocks, water, or soda (not counting Rusty Nails and such). I had to get the guy to repeat his order because I was sure he had misspoken. No, he really wanted a scotch and Coke.

Yeah, I agree with Sarge. Sorry.

:p

So Wkoti come home from college, with a bartenders license. Since he is not a big drinker (like not at all) he announces one day over a cigar that he wants to try a Whisky and Coke. I told him he should try one. So he gets up and makes himself one now that he is all edumacated and all. He takes a pull from the drink and makes a sour face. Happens to all of us on the first drink so I think nothing of it. He takes another drink and states this drink is bad. I say give it to me and i try it. He's right, it is bad! I ask what whiskey he used to which he replies Johnny Walker black. WHA WHA What???? ??? JW Black. I ask why he used that to which he says "it said whiskey on the bottle". :angry:

Buy him books and send him to school, Jeez! :(

Actually this may be why Souldog wants to punch him in the face, I know I did. JW Black, really, next to the VO, Crown, or any other crappy mixer.

He will be going to Whiskey hell for this I am sure!

PJ

Now see what you've done its been more that 24 hours and Ray hasn't replied to this thread. He is clearly without words!!

So Wkoti come home from college, with a bartenders license. Since he is not a big drinker (like not at all) he announces one day over a cigar that he wants to try a Whisky and Coke. I told him he should try one. So he gets up and makes himself one now that he is all edumacated and all. He takes a pull from the drink and makes a sour face. Happens to all of us on the first drink so I think nothing of it. He takes another drink and states this drink is bad. I say give it to me and i try it. He's right, it is bad! I ask what whiskey he used to which he replies Johnny Walker black. WHA WHA What???? ??? JW Black. I ask why he used that to which he says "it said whiskey on the bottle". :angry:

Actually this may be why Souldog wants to punch him in the face, I know I did. JW Black, really, next to the VO, Crown, or any other crappy mixer.

PJ

I've never had scotch and coke but I've tried Johnnie Red and ginger ale. I'm not big on mixed drinks, but it was pretty good. I've also had bourbon and coke which was cool too. Nothing wrong with mixing whisk(e)y and soda. Hell, that's what the cheap stuff is for!

A whiskey sour made with Maker's Mark is sublime.

I have some JW Black in my cabinet, but it tastes pretty bad compared to the single malts. I got started with Glemorangie and Macallan, so my palate is spoiled.

PJ

I've never had scotch and coke but I've tried Johnnie Red and ginger ale. I'm not big on mixed drinks, but it was pretty good. I've also had bourbon and coke which was cool too. Nothing wrong with mixing whisk(e)y and soda. Hell, that's what the cheap stuff is for!

A whiskey sour made with Maker's Mark is sublime.

I have some JW Black in my cabinet, but it tastes pretty bad compared to the single malts. I got started with Glemorangie and Macallan, so my palate is spoiled.

I am a big fan of mixed drinks. Whiskey and Coke is great, rum and coke, Whiskey ginger is nice, Whiskey sour yum.
I was taught that if the Whisky is spelled without an "E" it is never to be defiled with mixers, save ice or water. At least that's what my Scotch Snobbery Tutor has pounded into my brain. I tend to buy into this line of thinking. The lower end of the scotch to my taste I tend to use on real hot days on the rocks and they go down fine!

Damn where is Ray! One line of wisdom will do.

Bueller, hello!

PJ

Edit to fix the reverse "e" quote.

I've been away and after seeing this abomination it was the right thing to do.

May your bottles be forever corked (and not in a good way).

Perhaps you should have asked for forgiveness instead of blessing.

:D

Well that picture just chaps my hide. :angry: