• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

Wow, how cool would it be if we had a blind review pass to get this thing going. Oh wait!!! We do! Let’s get this thing going again. Anyway, last review of the wishlist gift from ole @CBoukal. Let’s go

A6A39676-A007-4626-98F1-0684D5B0F543.jpeg
Shape: uncircumcised dick that could draw blood if used as a weapon

1st third: starting out medium but I can tell this is gonna get stronger. Pepper on the retrohale and during the exhale. Good flavor starting out. Slight cream, earth, no idea right now. EFBF76E9-A242-45D2-AEC9-0776CDB81470.jpeg
2nd third: Tom of smoke coming off this thing. Medium to full but still building up. More cream and less leather, with some minimal sweetness. Black pepper on retro, tad bit stronger than at first.5125C0A9-8DB9-4818-A55C-C93B5CCCBEA7.jpeg
Last third: having a few relights, like this thing was a witch on the stake with great lung capacity. Close to full at this point. Surprisingly, the cream is still holding out. Good tobacco flavor coming through. Smoke still pouring out. Ima take a guess at NC liga series with the strength coming through. 95943AA9-086B-4309-BED2-85C8F67060F2.jpeg
F$&? Sh@$ a$$ g&$&^%#+. Good cigar. March 21st too. Damn. Thanks for this bud. This has been fun as hell!

Wow, how cool would it be if we had a blind review pass to get this thing going. Oh wait!!! We do! Let’s get this thing going again. Anyway, last review of the wishlist gift from ole @CBoukal. Let’s go

View attachment 50800

1st third: starting out medium but I can tell this is gonna get stronger. Pepper on the retrohale and during the exhale. Good flavor starting out. Slight cream, earth, no idea right now. View attachment 50801
2nd third: Tom of smoke coming off this thing. Medium to full but still building up. More cream and less leather, with some minimal sweetness. Black pepper on retro, tad bit stronger than at first.View attachment 50802
Last third: having a few relights, like this thing was a witch on the stake with great lung capacity. Close to full at this point. Surprisingly, the cream is still holding out. Good tobacco flavor coming through. Smoke still pouring out. Ima take a guess at NC liga series with the strength coming through. View attachment 50803
F$&? Sh@$ a$$ g&$&^%#+. Good cigar. March 21st too. Damn. Thanks for this bud. This has been fun as hell!
Damn, had you shown us the uncircumsized wiener last night before you put it in your mouth, I would have guessed Cuaba (though I wouldn't have been able to tell you the exact cigar). Glad you had a good experience with it. I know you didn't get a happy ending after you opened the envelope, but that happens sometimes...

I did my blind review from @CgarDan on the vherf, and forgot to ask who wants next?
It's been a while for me, so if nobody else steps up by Monday, I'll take one for the team. By all means, though, let's get some new blood in here.

View attachment 50800

1st third: starting out medium but I can tell this is gonna get stronger. Pepper on the retrohale and during the exhale. Good flavor starting out. Slight cream, earth, no idea right now. View attachment 50801
2nd third: Tom of smoke coming off this thing. Medium to full but still building up. More cream and less leather, with some minimal sweetness. Black pepper on retro, tad bit stronger than at first.View attachment 50802
Last third: having a few relights, like this thing was a witch on the stake with great lung capacity. Close to full at this point. Surprisingly, the cream is still holding out. Good tobacco flavor coming through. Smoke still pouring out. Ima take a guess at NC liga series with the strength coming through. View attachment 50803
Some good reviews, enjoyed reading them!

It's been a while for me, so if nobody else steps up by Monday, I'll take one for the team. By all means, though, let's get some new blood in here.
You got it brother! No need to wait 😊

It only took the better part of five months to get this sorted all the way around, but, HERE WE GO!

F5AACBAE-47A1-449F-8FB3-5F8E34BD296E.jpeg

This blind review cigar came from Bill @CigSid, so right off the bat I'm 99.99% sure this is ISOM, but Bill is a sneaky bugger and I wouldn't put that other .01% past him. We've got what looks like about a 5.5 x 42, maybe? The wrapper is a lighter habano-looking golden brown with requisite triple cap. Knowing CCs as I don't, though, I'm not too concerned with the wrapper shade -- it could be anything. I compared it to a few cigars in my stash, and I'm confident it is NOT a PLPC (which was my first thought upon opening the package), but the petite corona size seems to match up well with Bolivar, RyJ, and Punch cigars that I have. My next cold guess is RyJ Milles Fleure. Why, you may ask? Bill sent along two of them to sample, and I also wouldn't put it past sneaky, sneaky Bill to see if I could place the profile after smoking them both. Anyway, onward:

Pre-Light: The aroma is very light, and that of hay or straw; not fresh grass like my notes say from my previous blind review. I circumcised it with the Palio guillotine, and the cold draw was nearly perfect in its resistance; not plugged in the slightest. The tastes were very light tobacco. There honestly wasn't much to the cold draw.

Light: I used my trusty €2.00 kitchen torch, and the toast was easy. The initial draws upon giving it heat produced leather and some pepper (white, maybe? I'm not Jon -- sorry). I expected the CC cream flavors, but did not experience any this time.

399CA6DB-2539-49CB-8FDF-D2E6A01838B2.jpeg

First Third: I lit up at 1613, so we'll start it there. My brain said I was tasting lightly toasted bread (as opposed to burnt bread or baked bread), and maybe some burnt cream (creme brulee'ish) as it went on. The cigar was heartier than I was anticipating, guessing that it was going to be a CC. It settled down about midway through the third, and there was no harshness in the nose or throat. I ashed it at about 1 1/2", and the ash was dark gray and flaky; typical CC ash. At the end of the third, I got some notes of woodworking sawdust, and it reminded me of Shop class long ago. My impression at the end of the first third is either RyJ or Bolivar. It's too "dark" to be H. Upmann, and it doesn't have the cream notes I'm used to experiencing with JL.

8EAE0719-3880-4129-8B50-5742356F2ED4.jpeg

Second Third: Siri says we entered the second third at 1633. I'm doing nothing but taking notes and watching the dogs be morons, so I'm giving the cigar my full attention. I'm starting to taste sweet, new leather. Again, I'm reminded of Shop class when we made bracelets and belts and stuff. I remember @jfields saying a while ago that he doesn't base his tastes off of a flavor wheel, but off of what memories certain notes invoke. I'm getting a lot of that with this cigar. In the second, I'm getting kind of an oily, alcohol-like finish in my mouth and throat. It's not unpleasant, just notable. This third also brought about more wood, but that of wood burning, like the sign people at the mall or the fair do in their kiosks and booths. As the second third draws to a close, nothing really stands out, as the woody notes have dissolved. Just some tobacco. My thoughts are more Bolivar than RyJ at the moment, but still clinging to those two.

F65B5B58-C2D6-434B-8F2C-22FCBCF32B2F.jpeg

Final Third: Starting in at 1650, with rich, rich tobacco tastes. This is the flavor I "taste" in my mind when I think of smoking tobacco. When I was a kid, this is what I pictured Winston cigarettes tasting like. Hey, it's my story, ok...? The nicotine is starting to show its face, as my left hand is getting a wee bit shaky. I'm getting lightly toasted bread, once again, kind of swirling around with oaky, woody notes (I think). The burn has been great on this cigar the whole way. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't clock an end time, but based on the times of the thirds, it's safe to say this was just a little over an hour.

EE2BEA32-C17A-4B60-B08F-B6229949BF70.jpeg

FINAL GUESS: I went back and forth between RyJ and Boli this whole time, having ruled out H. Upmann and Juan Lopez. It's certainly not, from my non-expert experience, Ramon Allones -- is there even a vitola of this size? If it's something else, I'm stumped (pun maybe intended), as I don't have great experience across the Habanos S.A. line like some of y'all do. Heck, this is Bill we are talking about here, so this may end up being a pre-embargo cigar directly from John F. Kennedy's secret stash. My final guess, I'm going with my first guess: RyJ Mille Fleure.

And, survey says:

C4A8821B-2D20-4F37-B5A1-0DA7EECC346A.jpeg

2223C822-7CE8-43D9-B231-9168F1FD49A2.jpeg

Damn, I was pretty sure it was one of those two. I'm a bit surprised it was a JL -- I'm a bit disappointed in myself, honestly. Oh well, thanks for letting me play along, Bill! I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar, and I love doing these blind reviews because it forces me to slow down and really pay attention to the smoke as I'm going along. No reading, or podcasts, or anything. Just cigar contemplation. I learn something every time.

Alright, Jon. You've already obtained your blind review cigar. Light that sumbitch up!

Last edited:
It only took the better part of five months to get this sorted all the way around, but, HERE WE GO!

(hold for photo)

This blind review cigar came from Bill @CigSid, so right off the bad I'm 99.99% sure this is ISOM, but Bill is a sneaky bugger and I wouldn't put that other .01% past him. We've got what looks like about a 5.5 x 42, maybe? The wrapper is a lighter habano-looking golden brown with requisite triple cap. Knowing CCs as I don't, though, I'm not too concerned with the wrapper shade -- it could be anything. I compared it to a few cigars in my stash, and I'm confident it is NOT a PLPC (which was my first thought upon opening the package), but the petite corona size seems to match up well with Bolivar, RyJ, and Punch cigars that I have. My next cold guess is RyJ Milles Fleure. Why, you may ask? Bill sent along two of them to sample, and I also wouldn't put it past sneaky, sneaky Bill to see if I could place the profile after smoking them both. Anyway, onward:

Pre-Light: The aroma is very light, and that of hay or straw; not fresh grass like my notes say from my previous blind review. I circumcised it with the Colibri guillotine, and the cold draw was nearly perfect in its resistance; not plugged in the slightest. The tastes were very light tobacco. There honestly wasn't much to the cold draw.

Light: I used my trusty €2.00 kitchen torch, and the toast was easy. The initial draws upon giving it heat produced leather and some pepper (white, maybe? I'm not Jon -- sorry). I expected the CC cream flavors, but did not experience any this time.

(hold for photo)

First Third: I lit up at 1613, so we'll start it there. My brain said I was tasting lightly toasted bread (as opposed to burnt bread or baked bread), and maybe some burnt cream (creme brulee'ish) as it went on. The cigar was heartier than I was anticipating, guessing that it was going to be a CC. It settled down about midway through the third, and there was no harshness in the nose or throat. I ashed it at about 1 1/2", and the ash was dark gray and flaky; typical CC ash. At the end of the third, I got some notes of woodworking sawdust, and it reminded me of Shop class long ago. My impression at the end of the first third is either RyJ or Bolivar. It's too "dark" to be H. Upmann, and it doesn't have the cream notes I'm used to experiencing with JL.

(hold for photo)

Second Third: Siri says we entered the second third at 1633. I'm doing nothing but taking notes and watching the dogs be morons, so I'm giving the cigar my full attention. I'm starting to taste sweet, new leather. Again, I'm reminded of Shop class when we made bracelets and belts and stuff. I remember @jfields saying a while ago that he doesn't base his tastes off of a flavor wheel, but off of what memories certain notes invoke. I'm getting a lot of that with this cigar. In the second, I'm getting kind of an oily, alcohol-like finish in my mouth and throat. It's not unpleasant, just notable. This third also brought about more wood, but that of wood burning, like the sign people at the mall or the fair do in their kiosks and booths. As the second third draws to a close, nothing really stands out, as the woody notes have dissolved. Just some tobacco. My thoughts are more Bolivar than RyJ at the moment, but still clinging to those two.

(hold for photo)

Final Third: Starting in at 1650, with rich, rich tobacco tastes. This is the flavor I "taste" in my mind when I think of smoking tobacco. When I was a kid, this is what I pictured Winston cigarettes tasting like. Hey, it's my story, ok...? The nicotine is starting to show its face, as my left hand is getting a wee bit shaky. I'm getting lightly toasted bread, once again, kind of swirling around with oaky, woody notes (I think). The burn has been great on this cigar the whole way. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't clock an end time, but based on the times of the thirds, it's safe to say this was just a little over an hour.

(hold for photo)

FINAL GUESS: I went back and forth between RyJ and Boli this whole time, having ruled out H. Upmann and Juan Lopez. It's certainly not, from my non-expert experience, Ramon Allones -- is there even a vitola of this size? If it's something else, I'm stumped (pun maybe intended), as I don't have great experience across the Habanos S.A. line like some of y'all do. Heck, this is Bill we are talking about here, so this may end up being a pre-embargo cigar directly from John F. Kennedy's secret stash. My final guess, I'm going with my first guess: RyJ Mille Fleure.

And, survey says:

(hold for photo)

Damn, I was pretty sure it was one of those two. I'm a bit surprised it was a JL -- I'm a bit disappointed in myself, honestly. Oh well, thanks for letting me play along, Bill! I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar, and I love doing these blind reviews because it forces me to slow down and really pay attention to the smoke as I'm going along. No reading, or podcasts, or anything. Just cigar contemplation. I learn something every time.

Alright, Jon. You've already obtained your blind review cigar. Light that sumbitch up!
Excellent review, Nick! Very enjoyable to read.

Also, spoiler alert, that’s not what Winston cigarettes taste like. Trust me 🤣

I got a couple of those JL PC from Gavin for my MAW-PIF wish. First CC I ever smoked and pretty much what I compare others to.

Thanks for the detailed write up, worse ways to spend an afternoon!

View attachment 55133

This blind review cigar came from Bill @CigSid, so right off the bat I'm 99.99% sure this is ISOM, but Bill is a sneaky bugger and I wouldn't put that other .01% past him. We've got what looks like about a 5.5 x 42, maybe? The wrapper is a lighter habano-looking golden brown with requisite triple cap. Knowing CCs as I don't, though, I'm not too concerned with the wrapper shade -- it could be anything. I compared it to a few cigars in my stash, and I'm confident it is NOT a PLPC (which was my first thought upon opening the package), but the petite corona size seems to match up well with Bolivar, RyJ, and Punch cigars that I have. My next cold guess is RyJ Milles Fleure. Why, you may ask? Bill sent along two of them to sample, and I also wouldn't put it past sneaky, sneaky Bill to see if I could place the profile after smoking them both. Anyway, onward:

Pre-Light: The aroma is very light, and that of hay or straw; not fresh grass like my notes say from my previous blind review. I circumcised it with the Palio guillotine, and the cold draw was nearly perfect in its resistance; not plugged in the slightest. The tastes were very light tobacco. There honestly wasn't much to the cold draw.

View attachment 55134

View attachment 55135

View attachment 55137

View attachment 55138

And, survey says:

View attachment 55139

View attachment 55140

Excellent blind review Nick! Very fun to read and follow your journey.

Great review and details that had me on the edge of my seat for the reveal! 👍

Nick, loved the review.

This was a difficult cigar to judge. It is a Juan Lopez, but with 10 years of age on it.

You did a great job picking out the subtle flavors, and I enjoyed your thought process 😂