• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind leading the Blind Pass - pt. 2

pass2.jpg

pass1.jpg

Hi all,
Here are a few picks of the box. The first pic shows the eggcrate foam on the bottom. It is really great. Good Job.

chito_a

chito_a said:
Hi all,
Here are a few picks of the box. The first pic shows the eggcrate foam on the bottom. It is really great. Good Job.

chito_a
[snapback]222050[/snapback]​
Nice packin job Brad! That does fit it like it was made for the tubidor. I will definitely keep it for the next pass. Out of curiosity, what did you guys think of the size of the tub? Stuff sent, like labels and such? Any suggestions or things that you liked really well? Any input is appreciated for any future passes. :)

Right now I am still in Alaska. I should be heading home Wednesday night/ Thursday morning. So feel free to send that thing on any time after you figure out your P's and T's Chito_a! I will probably call Thursday an early day because of jet-lag and Friday I will go golfing. If it could show up by then, that would rock!

Thanks!
- C

Alaska, cigars, sleep, golf? And your married? Where did you find her?

Shibumi said:
Alaska, cigars, sleep, golf? And your married? Where did you find her?
[snapback]222283[/snapback]​
I have to say, I feel pretty damn lucky! :love: No, this is more coincidence. I fly back on the red-eye, so I will probably only work half of Thursday, so I can hang out with my wife and kids. This weekend is the golf tournament / client appreciation event that the company I work for throws every year. It is more of a trade show on a golf course. Every hole has a theme. One year we had a mechanical surfboard at our hole: Ride the Storage Wave. lol ... Then Texas Holdem last year: Don't Gamble w/ your Data. heh heh ... So on Friday, all the tournament sponsors and employees go golfing because we have to work on Saturday. But if I don't get home soon, my wife will kill me. The cigar review I just did probably wouldn't help the situation either. :whistling: But the owners of the company ride backwards through the course handing out beverages and cigars to ppl who want them. They are really bad cigars, but most don't even know the difference. I have a couple stashed away for some good customers. :)

- C

Thanks for the pics Chito, great thinking DM, Blue you will definately have to remember that little trick next time you send one of these babies around.

Shibumi you have a good point most of us are lucky to have found a gal who leaves us alone long enough to enjoy a fine cigar but Blue seems to get to do what unattached guys get to do. WoW! now thats a keeper.

CYG

CvilleYoungGun said:
Thanks for the pics Chito, great thinking DM, Blue you will definately have to remember that little trick next time you send one of these babies around.

Shibumi you have a good point most of us are lucky to have found a gal who leaves us alone long enough to enjoy a fine cigar but Blue seems to get to do what unattached guys get to do. WoW! now thats a keeper.

CYG
[snapback]222300[/snapback]​

Amen brother! My ex started out really sweet and shy, but then changed to a major nag. Now that we're divorced she went back to being sweet and shy. (Not with the new husband) I can feel his pain! :p

Hey Blue,
Here is the DC#0305 0830 0003 0656 6311. Thanks for the cd!!! The pass was great and count on me for any of your other activities.

All
I had the Diesel Fuerte last night. It was really good, a solid flavor, but not overpowering. Hated to have to put it out. Great put Diesel Grinch.!!!

chito_a

chito_a said:
Hey Blue,
Here is the DC#0305 0830 0003 0656 6311. Thanks for the cd!!! The pass was great and count on me for any of your other activities.

All
I had the Diesel Fuerte last night. It was really good, a solid flavor, but not overpowering. Hated to have to put it out. Great put Diesel Grinch.!!!

chito_a
[snapback]222505[/snapback]​
Hey chito_a,

Glad you could be part of it, and glad you like the CD. Out of curiosity, what were your P's and T's? Can you post them here so I can make a final list of the pass?

Thanks,
- C

Glad you enjoyed it chito_a. That's what's it all about!

Blue Dragon I think you did a great job of putting together this pass and hosting it. :thumbs:

Diesel Grinch said:
Glad you enjoyed it chito_a. That's what's it all about!

Blue Dragon I think you did a great job of putting together this pass and hosting it. :thumbs:
[snapback]222873[/snapback]​

I second that!

Blue,
Sorry, I thought you recieved my email with p's & t's. Anyways, here they are again.

T:Toreno (59)
P:Camacho
This is a good smoke. One of my first buys, and didn't pay attention to the details. I had a few of them and this is my last, so hope you enjoy.

T:Diesel (48)
P:CAO Brazilia
One of my favorites, CAO has not let me down yet.

T:CI Legends Series by Camacho (1)
P:Sinatra
Three of these came with my first purchase over a year ago. Tried the first one immediately, and did not like it. Left them in my humi for about 6 mos. and tried another, much better. Hope someone enjoys this one as well.

chito_a

chito_a said:
Blue,
Sorry, I thought you recieved my email with p's & t's. Anyways, here they are again.
chito_a
[snapback]223055[/snapback]​
Ahh ... I only really get email at home or work; the email through CP goes to my home. And since I was in Alaska, I didn't see it, and was just looking for it in a PM. But now that I am home (YEA :D ), I do see the email.

Thanks for participating man! :thumbs:

Great Pass Everyone!!! I know that when I started this pass I was really new to CP, so thanks to all for sticking their neck out to be in this FNG's pass. I have learned a lot and had fun watching the tubidor morph around the country. Pretty much everyone who was in this pass was pretty new or really freakin new to CP, and I think you guys did a rockin job as well! Thanks and I hope you enjoy the CDs. :D :thumbs: :cool:

I'll let you know when it shows up; maybe post some pics of its final resting spot (for now at least ;) ). I do think I will try to host another one down the road, but would like to participate in a pass first... see how some other people do them.

Great show guys! Not bad for the FNG's!

Thanks,
- C

current pass standings:
Current pass list and order is:
SteveHawk : received / passed
JAEwing : received / passed
Fyodor : received / passed
BGarv3 : received / passed
Shibumi : received / passed
Diesel Grinch : received / passed
CvilleYoungGun : received / passed
DevilsMilk : received / passed
Peekay : received / passed
chitlo_a : received / passing
Blue Dragon : incomming

The current pass contains the following cigars:
4) CI Legends Series by Matasa: 5.75" x 54 ring
16) Indian Tabac Anniversary Limited Reserve Bear: 5" x 50 ring
25) Puros Indios #2 Especial: 6.5" x 48 ring
29) Tierra Del Sol Robusto Maduro
30) Victor Sinclair Torpedo
34) Perdomo Overrun Large
41) V.S.O.P. Churchill
42) Hoyo - Bundle Churchill
47) M & R Vintage Reserve
50) Royal Cheiftain
51) Cohiba Dominicana old label
54) Savoy
55) Dona Patricia
56) Hoyo De Monterrey Corona
57) Partagas No.1
58) La Gloria Cubana Natural
62) Rolando Reyes Jr Pirates Gold 5 ½ x 54
63) Indian Tabac Limited Reserve Bison 6 ½ x 54
64) Occidental HSG Churchill 7x48
65) 5 Vegas Gran Reserva Sumatra 6 x 54
66) Victor Sinclair Serie 55 Churchill Maduro 8x50
67) Ghurka Regent Class Toro 6x50
68) Private Stock Corona
69) Bolivar 7x45
70) Casa Torano Toro
71) Padron 2000 Maddie
72) CAO Brazilla
73) Camacho
74) Sinatra

BD, didn't you say you wanted to try a CAO Brazilia? Sit down for that one! :p

Thanks BD for hosting the pass. To the rest of you guys in the pass Great job, I am impressed with way the pass went off with not a single issue and no real slow downs.

Now it is time to sit back and enjoy my first smoke of the day!

Whooo Hooo!!!! The beautiful box showed up today. I came home for lunch and saw the box sitting on my front step. I brought it inside and popped it open. It was really cool to sit and look at all these cigars, some I have never heard of before, and most I probably never would have tried without the pass. I am really looking forward to checking out these different cigars. Thanks guys! :D :thumbs: :D

So, here is a final pic of the contents of the Blind pass after it got here:

Blind.Pass.pt.2.Final.Cigars.jpg

Great job everyone! Everyone had good communication and I would definitely do a pass or trade w/ any of you again. Thanks all!

Long Ashes to You!
- C

Long ashes! Excellent job on everyone's parts especially the Pass leader Blue!

Great job with the pass everyone! Thanks for hosting it Blue Dragon. It was a lot of fun and a rare opportunity for a newbie like myself to be invited in on a pass. Thanks :thumbs:

Fyodor said:
Great job with the pass everyone! Thanks for hosting it Blue Dragon. It was a lot of fun and a rare opportunity for a newbie like myself to be invited in on a pass. Thanks :thumbs:
[snapback]224965[/snapback]​
Thanks guys!

There is one thing I would like to point out to all those people who were skeptical about this pass and hesitant for newbies running a pass. I understand how a failed pass can cause reservations and add to fear for people being part of the group; so I can see how the structure or starting of a pass could be protected from older members.

However, that being said, I would like to point out that I started the idea of this pass on my 3rd or 4th post to CP. By jumping in with both feet early on, I have started to feel a part of CP instead of just an outsider looking in. By the end of this pass I have reached 190 posts, started playing poker with other fellow CPers, bombed and been bombed, and met some really good people here.

I don't think this pass would have been as successful w/o doing research from other passes, and even more than that, having people who have been here longer than me offer help and advice to help ensure a successful experience to all who participated. SteveHawk, you rock! Thanks for taking me under your wing (pun intended :p ).

When I look at other people who started this pass with me, most were very new too. And the majority of people in this pass have started actively participating throughout the forum. So I think this was a very good thing for all envolved.

This pass may be a fluke on it's success level, but it may not have to be a fluke. And it certianly doesn't have to be if we fellow CPers are willing to step in and help the new guy. :) :thumbs:

Thanks from a BOTL in training! :cool:
- C