• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Review II

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
Reaction score
This is the second installment of Blind Review's that was kicked off by SD Stack. The first one has been great reading and after counseling with Steven on a few particulars, namely the wonderful easy to fill out and submitt form, I believe we are ready to get started with the sign up for Blind Review II.

Please read all of the requirments before submitting your name to play. I have 5 or 6 people already signed up and will be opening this to another 6-8 people. My goal is to have 12 participants. You must have been a member here before the end of 2003 and have a minimum of 100 posts. If you are an upstanding member of another recognized cigar board that will suffice. The usual bribes will be accepted. ;) I reserve the right to run this Review anyway I want to which means I make the rules. My decisions are final. I'm the Big Daddy! ROFLMAO! :D

This review, once started will take three weeks to complete. There will be 3 cigars for each participant and only 1 cigar will be smoked each week. No exceptions! My target to start these reviews is April 26th or May 3rd. Each participant will smoke the #1 cigar and have a link that will take them to a simple review form (thank you SD Stack, Steven) which only requires them to fill out the form and click submitt. I will have a deadline of Sunday of each week for reviews to have been submitted. This will allow me time to process the info for that week and submitt 2 or 3 reviews each day during the week for our reading pleasure. We will then repeat the process in week two with cigar #2 and so on with cigar#3. This is non negotiable.... if you can't smoke one cigar a week and timely fill out the simple review form by the Sunday of each week, don't sign up.

Once everyone has the 3 cigars resting in their humidors (I hope to get these mailed by next wkend if not sooner) I will have to insist that there be no discussion of any of the cigars until the Monday following the submission deadline each week for each cigar. The exception on this would be PM's to me should there be any damage to the cigars during shipping. The cigars will be shipped in excellent shape so if there is a problem when you receive them let me know ASAP and I will rectify.

I think I covered all the basics. Please, make sure you can meet the requirments before signing up. I will be trying to juggle this as I start a new job (how smart is that?) and will not have time to babysit. Not trying to scare anyone away, just find it best to be up front from the beginning with expectations. :)

Let the fun begin! :thumbs:

I'll go for round II if you'll let me. Had lots of fun on round I. :D

I had a great time with Stack's first one. I'd be honored to play this one. :thumbs:

Oak
CigarSarge
Vewyphishy
Triple D
PB

All are in. I have room for one more for now. I still have one presignupee (how do you like that word? :D ) that I'm waiting to hear back from. If he's in then it will close after one more, if not I'll take two.

I will PM everyone a link to go to and fill out your mailing address. Please do not PM them to me.

dixieland_conjunction said:
I'm not on the list.
Whoops.... I sent you the invite but forgot to list you. Sorry Bo, you're in. :)

I'd like a chance to redeem myself if you'll have me. I sure did screw up the first reviews. :sign: :p

PM with addy sent.

I had a lot of fun with #1. If there is room for another in #2, please count me in. Thanks.

Wascal, Moki, Pepe....... PM sent for info. Please respond through the link. I have more than 12 signed up so this is now closed. I will post the final list of participants once I hear back from everyone and confirm.

Here is the list of Participants I have for this round in no particular order:

Triple_D
moki
wk-mang
vewyphishy
Shadow
Matt R
Oak
Horse
Purobrat
dixieland_conjunction
cigarsarge
JoeM
Wascal
Pepe

I added two more than originally planned and wish I could add more but I have to cut it off here. I'm sorry to those that wanted in but didn't make it. For what its worth, I have a sneaky suspicion that someone else will be hosting a Blind Review III shortly after this one is completed.

I hope to get all of the packages out before the wkend. Each of you will receive 3 cigars numbered 1,2, and 3. As I stated in the sign up post we will most likely start this 4/26 or 5/3. Please allow the cigars to rest comfortably in your humidors. I will PM each of you with the link to the review sheet the week we begin and ask you to smoke the first cigar and have the review completed by the coming Sunday. Remember, no chatty box about any of the cigars you receive until the Monday following our submitted reviews....... I want to avoid anyone from any preconceived thoughts from comments like "Got the cigars Kenny and damn if they don't look fine" or "What kind of dog rockets did you send us?"

As you may can tell, I'm trying to remove the things I saw as problems with the last review like smoking them within days of receiving them and smoking one cigar after the other. I'd like to suggest that when smoking the review cigars that you make it your first cigar of the day, preferably afternoon or evening after a non spicy meal. Of course that is just a suggestion. Those of you who smoke 4 or 5 cigars a day I doubt will want to wait until the afternoon for your first cigar of the day. (I know who you are :) )

Any questions?