• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Review II

CPUserName: Purobrat
CigarNumber: Cigar Number 2
Appearance: Good
Construction: Fair
Burn: Very Uneven
Problems: Got Soft
AshColor: Light Grey
AshStructure: Typical
Draw: Perfect
Aroma: Fair
Smoked_To: To the Band
Strength: Medium
Recommended: No
Scale: Blah...
Class: Low End ISOM
Date: Tuesday May 11, 2004
Time: 09:35 PM

AppearanceNotes
Triple cap? 6x42 Final cap had slight fold on the edge. Smooth and oily, some viens, farely firm

ConstructionNotes
Developed a soft spot right after lighting that caused it to burn very uneven all the way down, could not get it to fix

TasteNotes
No real significant flavors. Just nedium strength second rate tobacco

OverallNotes
Tasted like a bad ISOM Not good at all. Right toward the end it acted like it was gonna pick up some flavor, but it must have been faking :^( And when I saw the triple cap, I thought it was gonna rock. Thanks for the opportunity to try it Kenny

Wow, this one got me good. Apparently, I still haven't had enough ISOMs to distinguish between what is and what isn't. This one was misleading with the triple cap... and having never had a San Cristobal (or a Sungrown 858), I was just shooting in the dark. As expected, I missed the broadside of the barn!

Nevertheless, a very tasty cigar... I was HOPING it was San Cristobal because at least then, I could get some more. :D It just HAD to be a hard to get domestic. Way to wet my appetite. LOL.

Looked like I missed this one by a mile, No big surprise really I suppose.

But this tasted nothing at all like any Fuente I ever smoked. I am simply dumbfounded ???

Allofus123 said:
I will not be sending follow up PM's or e-mails for Cigar #3. I can assure you I will not be hosting another Blind review. To those that have been timely with your reviews and those of you who have communicated to me about your circumstances, Thank You.
Apologies for blowing it on this one :( Mea culpa; I'll get right on Cigar #3

Cigar #2 submitted -- didn't look in the thread to see what it was, sorry for the tardiness. Sparking up cigar #3 now...

Power-smoked my way through it, doing penance for being late on cigar #2 -- I've submitted the review of cigar #3!

858 sungrown :0 Guess I didn't miss out on much not having tried these before. I'm really suprised this cigar didn't taste better to me with all the press it has received. Guess it just goes to show everyones taste is different.

You could of fooled me Kenny.

Wait a minute.....................................................

You did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wow, just read over the reviews, and what this cigar is... interesting... I'm surprised some people found the flavors to be too muted; if anything, the cigar seemed a bit harsh to me. Makes sense that it's an 858 Sungrown... a decent stick.

Wascal said:
Guess it just goes to show everyones taste is different.
Exactly........ we've now smoked two well touted cigars and the reviews have been a cross of Fantastic, OK, So So, and Yuk. I think the point that taste is subjective is being proved very well so far.

Can't wait to see how Cigar #3 fares.

Allofus123 said:
Wascal said:
Guess it just goes to show everyones taste is different.
Exactly........ we've now smoked two well touted cigars and the reviews have been a cross of Fantastic, OK, So So, and Yuk. I think the point that taste is subjective is being proved very well so far.

I am left to wonder...

Had I not detected a triple cap, and therefore NOT had a pretence that it was a Cuban, would I have then, enjoyed it more, would I have detected the Fuente Flavor profile ???

Who knows, but I will say this much, I have never before had a Fuente cigar that I did not enjoy. Curious, Very curious ???

Maybe we should do these Blindfolded as well? :0 :sign:

#3 is ashes also! Thanks again Kenny, it's been a blast. :thumbs:

Allofus123 said:

Well, that first Monte #4 -- the one I got at least, there was definitely something wrong with that particular cigar, and perhaps Dixie's as well. It was almost rancid tasting; I guess I got a dud, or it was sick, because that tasted nothing like any Monte I've ever had.