• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Sided by CT Dept of Labor

klipsch

No more Room ≠ No more Cigars
Long story short...it was my understanding that I was good for another 20 weeks unemployment with the CT DOL (confirmed a few weeks back). I called yesterday just to make sure, and was told that they'll cut my last check this coming Sunday. I was "misinformed earlier"...

Wow...that seriously blows. Sorry to hear it. Government...always so inefficient. Luckily you double checked and found out sooner rather than later.

There's nothing to appeal. The problem...is that my doctors advised me to file for SSDI last year. I can't take even a part time position until it's finalized. I spoke to my attorney this morning, who told me we may hear from a judge within a month or so. At this stage they're requesting a hearing "on the records" without Social Security involved. If I was to accept a position at this time with my current medical conditions...I could maybe pull it off for a month or so. But I'd most certainly be out of work again soon, and the SSDI claim would start all over again. I originally filed June of last year.

Talk about downer klipsch. Hang in there and here's hoping things go through alright for you.

Filing for SSDI sucks rabid donkey balls on a hot skillet. I was denied 3 times with my laundry list of medical problems which is the result of my injuries and treatment since then. The VA sent over a good 2 to 3 foot stack of medical records and I was denied with 6 Bulged discs, Stenosis, and every thing else that I have. Their reasoning was that I could still use my hands and feet which they placed a 4+ page of situations and environments I could absolutely not work in. Which was any job known to man. LOL!!!

They said since I was injured in the Military that the VA was responsible and all that crap. I couldn't even get assistance when I was put off work for 4 months. Well, I did get food stamps worth $135 a month. By the 3rd month they wanted me to "Volunteer" 80 hours a month to receive the $135 worth of Food Stamps. If you look at min wage then it was $5.25 and for easy numbers, I will say $5 an hour x 80 = $400 worth of labor for my weak ass $135. I told them if I could do 80 hours a month I wouldn't be f***ing here. I finally lost my temper by the time I hit the 4 month mark. They even had the balls to tell me I should have saved a bunch of money at the time for something like this. They didn't care I had tried to finish college before this all went down hill fast and wasn't able to even hold a part time job. Let alone a full time one.

So yeah...good luck with SSDI. Its a real mother f***er to get approved.

This totally sucks. Hope things turn around for you very soon, Brother.

Scary times. Best of luck with everything.

Some things just don't seem right! Sorry to hear this. It pisses me off to no end when a lazy unemployed jackass with 8 kids is taken care of no problem, but when a real issue is around it seems to be a battle!!

Good luck and hope things turn around.

I just wanted to chime in here in case somebody is thinking "how do you collect unemployment if you're filing for SSDI?" It's all on the up and up. Granted...with the economy in the crapper the way it is, it's like seven moons, three planets and the next galaxy being in alignment. But I'm not trying to screw or get around the system...I gave that up about 3 years after I stopped drinking and getting high. :laugh:

Edited to add smiley face...

I just wanted to chime in here in case somebody is thinking "how do you collect unemployment if you're filing for SSDI?" It's all on the up and up. Granted...with the economy in the crapper the way it is, it's like seven moons, three planets and the next galaxy being in alignment. But I'm not trying to screw or get around the system...I gave that up about 3 years after I stopped drinking and getting high. :laugh:

Edited to add smiley face...

Walt,

Sorry to hear this I hope they pull their heads out of their ass and cut your check soon!

Jim

My wife got SSDI on the first try. But she has an incurable cancer. At the time, average life span was 3 years. Now it is 7 years but she has had her cancer 5.5 yrs now. I think she would trade you. :(