• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Taste Test Review Pass

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
Blind Taste Test Review Pass

After reading the Post Moki put up about Steve Saka’s Blind Review Idea on Nexus, I decided to put this together. I thought it would be a good service to the guys here. Maybe we can have a little fun along the way too!

You can see how Steve Saka did it here.

I don’t know if this constitutes a “Pass” or not… but here’ goes! :D

I need somewhere between 10 – 20 people to join in on this. I am not sure how many people I can accommodate yet. I will get it figured out and if we have had more people sign up than can be accommodated, some people may have to be removed from the list. To be fair, I will add people on a first come, first served basis and if removal is necessary, the last folks to join will be the first to be removed until I have that “magic” number yet to be determined. :)

This is open to anyone who wants to join. An established relationship is not necessary and may help you build one. :thumbs:

What I plan to do is send an individual box to each participant. This is why it doesn’t really constitute a “Pass.” There will not be a $15 mailing fee for each player like there usually is. Everyone will get their own box shipped directly from me. I will probably mail each box at the same time or I may do two or three different mailings if I happen to be short on money when it gets ready to go out.

Each box will contain 2 to 3 (maybe 4) cigars. I will not send everyone the same stuff. One box may have 2 ISOM’s in it and one box may have two from a bundle. The other box may be a mixture the covers the entire spectrum. It will be a random thing. I will try to send out the same cigar to a couple different people if my inventory allows it so we can have multiple reviews of the same cigar.

Once you get the cigars, you will have 1-week (maybe two) to smoke them and write a review and send it to me via PM. Try to be punctual with your ratings. I will put together the criteria for rating them as far as rating appearance, draw, overall, etc. I will probably use something similar to Steve Saka’s method.

As people finalize their reviews they will send them to me via PM and I will post them in a lockable thread so that the reviews don’t get trashed up with comments. We can use this thread for our comments.

Did I say that all the cigars will be unbanded? This will be a Blind Review. The cigars will be numbered.

This should prove to be a lot of fun and enlightening to all of us.

Once the reviews are in, I will post up the review with: who wrote it and what they were smoking.

If you enjoy the experience and decide to send something back to me you are more than welcomed to do so but it is not mandatory. You can if you want to. It’s up to you. However, if you do send something back, leave the bands on the cigars and try to identify them because I suck at reviews. :p

I have a rough Draft of what everyone will use to rate their cigars!

See It Here!

Any suggestions for making it better?

20 tentative spots open: It may be less. I will update this list as people join.

1. DaveWF address received
2. wk-mang address received
3. vewyphishy address received
4. PuroBrat address received
5. Alph Chomper address received
6. oak address received
7. dixieland_conjunction address received
8. Triple_D address received
9. moki address received
10. psyktek address received
11. Wascal address received
12. Pepe address received
13. Toaster address received
14. Ricmac25 address received
15. CoventryCat86 address received
16. cigarsarge address received
17. emodx address received
18. sir-smokes-a-lot address received
19. blair address received
20. Lumberg address received

Sounds interesting enough. Perhaps help me refine my tastes a little. I'd love to play if you'll have me. :)

vewyphishy said:
Sounds interesting enough. Perhaps help me refine my tastes a little. I'd love to play if you'll have me. :)
I will have anyone who joins up. No rules on entry. :D Up to the maximum number of course. :thumbs:

I have enjoyed reading the Nexus-Steve reviews in the past. I actually used them heavily before coming to Cigar Pass. I don't consider myself having a broad enough smoking palate to be a constructive judge, but my 2 \c might be good for a laugh.

Alph Chomper said:
I have enjoyed reading the Nexus-Steve reviews in the past. I actually used them heavily before coming to Cigar Pass. I don't consider myself having a broad enough smoking palate to be a constructive judge, but my 2 \c might be good for a laugh.
You will do fine. If you like it, say you like. If you don't, say you don't.

If the stick is "Purdy" :p say it's Purdy! etc. etc. etc.

Just have fun!

Great idea... I am guessing half my taste-buds are psychosomatic, so I'll probably give A+ ratings to dog-rockets and bitch about the high-end sticks... Should be amusing regardless...

I'm in if you'll have me.

- Oak

I'm not the best at writing reviews but I'll give it my best if you will have me ;)

Okay... sounds great... I'll sign up! Oh... err... for some reason I'm already signed up! ROTFLMAO!

Bruddah Steve.... you just be sure to send me the All-ISOM seleccion ya hear? LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
Okay... sounds great... I'll sign up! Oh... err... for some reason I'm already signed up! ROTFLMAO!

Bruddah Steve.... you just be sure to send me the All-ISOM seleccion ya hear? LOL!

Aloha,

Wade
How do Bruddah! LOL

I had some fake Opus' packed up just for you! I'll make sure I change that to Fohibas. ROFL.

You want all ISOMs? You got it Bro. :D

See it Here!

SD_Stack said:

See it Here!

Looks great, only thing I'd say is a brief explanation of each voting category, to make sure everyone is on the same page. ie, how is appearance different from construction. For aroma, are you talking about the smell of the smoke, or the cigar pre-lit? I realize much of this is obvious, but might as well get everyone on the same page to make the reviews consistent and accurate.

moki said:
SD_Stack said:

See it Here!

Looks great, only thing I'd say is a brief explanation of each voting category, to make sure everyone is on the same page. ie, how is appearance different from construction. For aroma, are you talking about the smell of the smoke, or the cigar pre-lit? I realize much of this is obvious, but might as well get everyone on the same page to make the reviews consistent and accurate.
If folks aren't sure how to do it, they should read several of the reviews from Cigar Nexus.

I see no need to re-invent the wheel.

I suck at reviews but would love to play. Guess one more to laugh at would be good. ;) :p

While my tastebuds are not as sophisticated as others :p I'd love to try, if you'll have me and there is still room :)

:thumbs: Toaster