• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Taste Test Review Pass

Very cool idea Steven. I'll look forward to reading the reviews :thumbs:

SD_Stack said:
If folks aren't sure how to do it, they should read several of the reviews from Cigar Nexus.

I see no need to re-invent the wheel.
Agreed, no need to reinvent the wheel, but rather just state what the standards are for the wheel, so everyone's on the same page.

moki said:
SD_Stack said:
If folks aren't sure how to do it, they should read several of the reviews from Cigar Nexus.

I see no need to re-invent the wheel.
Agreed, no need to reinvent the wheel, but rather just state what the standards are for the wheel, so everyone's on the same page.
My Standards are:

Do it like Steve Saka did it.

You are welcome to elaborate more if you want to Moki. You're the professional. I'm merely the host.

IN.

In the words of uh, I forget who, um ........ YEAH that's it SD_Stack:

"I'll join anything"

COUNT ME IN :thumbs:

I have changed the ratings page for ease of use. See it Here.

I have also included a single checklist that you can download and print off so you can make notes while you are smoking the cigars. It is on the page above.

You must send me your Contact Info.
Even If I already have it. Send it anyway.

Use this link! Send it to me!

Please don't PM you addy to me. Use the form I have provided using the link above. Thanks. :D

Uh-oh. I had better post to join before it's too late (unless it already is :sneaky: )!

Any room left?

I checked out the review form and it looks very nice and easy to use. :thumbs:

Based on some PM's received, it seems that the perception of other folks is that I was being a smart ass when I said the you were the professional and I was merely the host. LOL It wasn't meant to come off that way if it did. ???

Look… everyone knows that Moki is a know-it-all. :p :sign:

So that I am not misunderstood anymore…

Everyone here is not a professional cigar reviewer. Everyone cannot write in a way that lets readers experience the taste of a fine cigar just by reading a review. If you can… That’s Great! And here’s a dollar. With that dollar and your expertise, you can get a cup of coffee. If you cannot write professional reviews. Here’s your dollar. You too can have a cup of coffee. :D

The idea of this pass is to see how everyday folks rate cigars when the brand is unknown. Some reviews may read better than others because some folks can write better than others. But… both will be a ton of fun to read as well as educational.

If you are unsure of the difference between “appearance” and “construction” then take a few moments to read some of the reviews the others wrote at Nexus that I have linked on the first post. BTW: Appearance is how something looks. Construction is how well it is made. Example: (no offense) Mobile homes look really good when they are new. The manufactures spend a lot of money for designers to put together furnishings, floor/wall coverings and pictures to make the mobile home look very appealing to the buyer. This is “Appearance.” But… they are not really made that well. The doors are thin and the carpet is cheap. The cabinets are made from particle board and the big garden tub with the mirrors behind it bends when you step in it. It is not made from thick, rigid material like the tubs you would find in normal stick built home. This is what we call “Construction.”

When I said I was merely the host. I meant it. I’m not going to micro-manage the ratings of folks from the pass. If anyone (this is where you come in Moki) wants to give some pointers on good cigar rating, please feel free. I welcome it. SamGuss also gives nice ratings as well as a few others. Ya’ll Chime in.

blair said:
yeah sure, whatever. But more importantly, AM I IN? :p
Well. Ain't your name listed in the first post?

You are #19. If there are enough cigars to get to you... you're in! :D :p

Can I get one more name for spot #20? :)

If you haven't already. Be sure to send me your addy by Clicking Here!

I still need them from:

psyktek
Wascal
Pepe
and Spot #20

This is going to be fun. Lots of heavy hitters in the line up. :thumbs: :thumbs:

cigarsarge said:
Lots of heavy hitters in the line up. :thumbs: :thumbs:
There are? ???

:p

Looks like we're all filled up. PM sent to Brotha Dave to move to "In Progress."

Moved to [Cigar Passes In Progress] as requested.

This should be interesting...

Dave ;)