• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

bogus bands on jl piedras?

BIG AL74

Have they changed em? or do they use different ones on the 5 pks? thought I would post a few pics , lemme know what u think. fake piedras or not?URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/mextremist666/DSCI0753.jpg]
th_DSCI0753.jpg
[/URL]

1. Did these come from a trustworthy source?

2. These are the new Jose L. Piedra bands. I believe they first appeared on the new vitola, Petit Cazadores.

Wilkey

PS, I posted this in the other thread where you voiced your suspicion:

Whoa there. Because they are different from what you've seen does not automatically mean they're suspect. And to title your inquiry post with the word "Bogus" in it is a bit sensationalist. Ask around. Better yet, search around and try to grab some facts before you start pointing fingers.

Think about how you word your posts and post titles, please.

Wilkey

Just asking opinions , I did search , but came up with nothing , they did come from a trusted source , please excuse the newb-ness. thanks wilkey.

No worries, Al. Just be aware that authenticity issues can be a real hot button. All of us post from ignorance or innocence sometimes. That is a driving force in the search for knowledge. But on this issue in particular, we need to be especially sensitive about posting in tone or language that could be perceived as accusatory.

The tenor of one's post affects the nature of the responses one might receive.

Wilkey

PS. Just to pick nits, opinions are not what you are looking for in a case such as this. What you need is accurate factual information.

Sorry if I sound like I'm teeing off on you. No offense is intended. Your post just provided a good opportunity to make these points explicit for folks.

I doubt that people make fake JLP's
But I guess its possible

that was my thought as well, and i see lots of piratas.

al- i checked my stock against your pics. we're selling may 07 JP cazadores right now and we still have the old bands. i seem to have seen those bands you've shown of pics of bundles from over in switzeralnd/germany, that are unfortunately not available in mexico.

btw- i support what wilkey says about language. find all the facts before you aim that thing at someone.

did you like the cazadores?

cheers
drew p

Yes I've smoked two, they are good for the price , Im sure a lil humi time wouldn't hurt.

BIG AL74

another way you can look at it...

last summer i went to mexico...i was prepared to return home with no cigars...in the departure lounge i got 100 jose l piedras...figgered that if they were fakes i had a 50/50 chance of getting better cigars :laugh: .

puerto vallarta airport...100 jlp's=190$.

derrek

The bands aren't bogus. They're the new bands for JLP. I got them on a couple of bundles of the new Petit Cazadores which I got about 6 months ago.

I just picked up a 5'er of these with the new bands so they are obviously very new. All I have to say is these things need some time in the humi! Lets just say it didn't taste too great. I've smoked some with age on em and they've been decent but not these today.