• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

bolivar belisco fino draw is no good?

underrated831

so i ordered several boxes of cubans from the online retailers page from the frontpage of this website so i know that the source is legitimate and wouldnt be selling fake cigars.

ive smoked 2 of the bolivar belisco finos and the draw sucks every time. i hardly get any smoke. is it too fresh? or whats wrong with it?

thank you in advance

-andy

so i ordered several boxes of cubans from the online retailers page from the frontpage of this website so i know that the source is legitimate and wouldnt be selling fake cigars.

ive smoked 2 of the bolivar belisco finos and the draw sucks every time. i hardly get any smoke. is it too fresh? or whats wrong with it?

thank you in advance

-andy
I am assuming that you don't live in the US where cuban cigars are illegal. What is your humidity at? How old are they? How long ago did you receive them? How long did you let them rest in your humidor? It could be any number of there factors or even more. There is a chance (although unlikely) that you got a couple bad ones in a row. It has been known to happen. The only BBF I eve had was a few years old and sat in my humi for a year, so it drew like a dream :p

Edit: and feel free to introduce yourself in the appropriate forum, and fill out your profile information.

As Smokyballs would say... WTF

Get the popcorn ready... :sign:

A friend of mine, Marcus, who buys these all the time and lives in Duetchland keeps them at 65% and waits a while 6 months or so before smoking and has no problems with the more recent batches.

thank you in advance

-andy
I am assuming that you don't live in the US where cuban cigars are illegal. What is your humidity at? How old are they? How long ago did you receive them? How long did you let them rest in your humidor? It could be any number of there factors or even more. There is a chance (although unlikely) that you got a couple bad ones in a row. It has been known to happen. The only BBF I eve had was a few years old and sat in my humi for a year, so it drew like a dream :p

Edit: and feel free to introduce yourself in the appropriate forum, and fill out your profile information.

if i did live in the us i wouldnt tell you hah, but my humdity is iat 67% and i received them about a week ago.

if i did live in the us i wouldnt tell you hah, but my humdity is iat 67% and i received them about a week ago.

First of all, if I were you I would respect the senior members of this community. Second, as other members of this community would say "USE PROPER PUNCTUATION". Third, try to become a member of this community rather than trying to be a smart a$$ right off the bat.

First of all, if I were you I would respect the senior members of this community. Second, as other members of this community would say "USE PROPER PUNCTUATION". Third, try to become a member of this community rather than trying to be a smart a$$ right off the bat.

sorry didnt mean anything smart by that. the internet is too impersonal so i guess its easy to take my statement the wrong way. what i meant is i do live in the us and i didnt want to expose that since it is illegal to posess cubans in the us. maybe i should have worded my response better and if you took offense to that then i do apologize i meant no disrespect in anyway. thank you

sorry didnt mean anything smart by that. the internet is too impersonal so i guess its easy to take my statement the wrong way. what i meant is i do live in the us and i didnt want to expose that since it is illegal to posess cubans in the us. maybe i should have worded my response better and if you took offense to that then i do apologize i meant no disrespect in anyway. thank you
And this is a perfect example of why it's best to let people get to know you before you whip out the "smart ass" side of your personality.

Newbies, please take note. This is a fairly conservative site with regard to social indoctrination and assimilation. Get to know us, let us get to know you. Do this in a polite fashion, perhaps moreso than you think might be merited. Then reveal your indiosyncratic sides.

Better to be safe than sorry.

FWIW, your above post was good. Keep it up.

Wilkey

Newbies, please take note. This is a fairly conservative site with regard to social indoctrination and assimilation. Get to know us, let us get to know you. Do this in a polite fashion, perhaps moreso than you think might be merited. Then reveal your indiosyncratic sides.

Better to be safe than sorry.

FWIW, your above post was good. Keep it up.

Wilkey

and... don't forget to bring along your dictionary so you don't look
foolish answering some of the intelligent posts! :laugh: :sign:

Brian

thank you in advance

-andy

DOH!

And you will want to keep the forbidden fruit and a much lower % than 67%.

Heh,

Sorry, Brian. I'm hopped up on ibuprofen for this killer sinus headache and I'm pain-free but in a sort of spacey consciousness.

Wilkey

I store at 65-68% and keep my smoking humi between 60-63%. Everything smokes far better there, IMHO. Take a few sticks and give it a try; my guess is that you won't go back.

Also, be sure to salt test your hygrometer so you know what you are dealing with. Being off five or more points isn't that uncommon.

Regards - B.B.S.

I store at 65-68% and keep my smoking humi between 60-63%. Everything smokes far better there, IMHO. Take a few sticks and give it a try; my guess is that you won't go back.

Also, be sure to salt test your hygrometer so you know what you are dealing with. Being off five or more points isn't that uncommon.

Regards - B.B.S.

I have 3 hygrometers in there just to make sure, but I'm still waiting for my calibration kit to get here in the mail since the salt test never worked for me.

If the draw is really that bad, use an auger (Corkscrew if you don't have one handy) to open it up. Works on every cigar regardless of it's origin.

Heh,

Sorry, Brian. I'm hopped up on ibuprofen for this killer sinus headache and I'm pain-free but in a sort of spacey consciousness.

Wilkey

See everybody...Wilkey gets more out of cigars than the rest of us AND he gets more out of Ibuprofen!

Where are you buying that "Ibuprofen" and how much of it did you smoke?
LOL. Hope you feel better soon, Wilkey. I get real bad sinus headaches, too. They suck the fun right out of life.

Thanks Josh. I got the Ibu from a fellow in my lab who has an uncle who lives in Havana and... :sign:

The worst headaches I've gotten this episode were the ones that wake me up in the middle of the night. It feels like someone put my head in one of those lobster shell crackers.

Hope to be back on the horse in a week and a half or so.

Wilkey

You got a horse? You never cease to amaze me :p

Headaches suck. I get the occasional big "M" mother fugger!

Brian

Although having two plugged cigars in a row is not a good sign of things to come, I would take a carefull look at the foot of the remaining cigars......If the cigars are bunched too tight there is not too much hope that the draw will dramaticaly improve with lower humidity and Age....Granted it can improve but not to the extent that the cigar can be fully enjoyed....The best bet when discovering a first plugged cigar on a new box is not to light the cigar....Move on to a second cigar and see if it is plugged as well. If it is, a look at the whole box is necessary. If after your review of the cigars you detect more trouble try to return the box to your supplier so you dont have to eat the cost of a full box....... The supplier can always discount the box to anyone who wants to take a chance.......You are paying good money, you shouldnt have to throw half a box away......This often was quite the case back in 1998/2000 for Cubans....It still happens occasionaly today....On the replacement ask for a different factory code or Date.......Not all cigars can be saved with the low humidity and age method........Some cigars are just too over filled then pressed into a brick and can not be saved.......Hope this helps

Although having two plugged cigars in a row is not a good sign of things to come, I would take a carefull look at the foot of the remaining cigars. If the cigars are bunched too tight, there is not too much hope that the draw will dramaticaly improve with lower humidity and Age. It can improve but not to the extent that the cigar can be fully enjoyed.

The best bet when discovering a first plugged cigar on a new box is not to light the cigar. Move on to a second cigar and see if it is plugged as well. If it is, a look at the whole box is necessary. If after your review of the cigars you detect more trouble, then try to return the box to your supplier so you dont have to eat the cost of a full box. The supplier can always discount the box to anyone who wants to take a chance.

You are paying good money, you shouldnt have to throw half a box away. This often was quite the case back in 1998/2000 for Cubans. It still happens occasionaly today.

On the replacement ask for a different factory code or Date. Not all cigars can be saved with the low humidity and age method. Some cigars are just too over filled then pressed into a brick and can not be saved. Hope this helps

oh - I just had to do something with the above quote - I was getting a headache reading the friggin' thing!

BTW - You can send them to me for draw testing! :whistling: