• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Petit Corona

tschoon

Yes, I butted out an ISOM after about 1 mintue of sucking so hard I though my eyes were going to collapse!!

I was looking forward to this Bolivar. As I pulled it from the top right shelf of my humie, I noted how firm it was as I rolled it through my fingers. I wasn't much concerned as a few of the ISOMs I've had seemed extremely firm yet the draws were perfecto.

The prelight aroma was as expected, nice. After clipping the triple cap, I took a draw before lighting it and knew I was in trouble. I could hardly suck any air!!

I lit the stick and there was virtually no taste and almost no smoke. As I said, I drew and drew and drew to no avail. I finaly got upset and butted it out, went back to my humie and grabbed an Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Chateau Cuban Belicoso Sun Grown. Not an ISOM like I was looking forward to but a great smoke none the less.

Fortunatley I only had the one Bolivar Petit in my ISOM stash. I will try another one some day but was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same with these? If so, I may just steer clear altogether.

FYI, had a Bolivar non-ISOM petit the other night and it was wonderful!!

Sorry for your mis-fortune there Steve cause all the Boli PCs that I've had were excellent with no draw problems at all. That proves a point that any great ceegar can have a fault now and then... ??? ???

Every once in a while I have the same problem. I haver never had any particular brand or size that this happened often. I think the ISOMs are the only plugged (or rooled too tight) cigars that I have ever smoked. But for the other 90-95% that burn properly it more than offsets the few poorly rolled ones.

:)

Never had that problem with a Habano. I did have that problem once with a Padron 3000. Every other Padron I ever had, had a perfect, if not loose, draw. I spoke to Rudy Padron about it once and I asked him if that hapens often. He made a good point. He said when dealing with a totally hand made product, stuff like that may happen every once in a while. I have found that to be the exception obviously or otherwise I would not love Padrons.

Tschoon...I have smoked the ones I have and have never had a problem. They are from a cabinet from '98. Sorry that you found one that sucked! :angry: They are great smokes otherwise.

Floyd T.

I thought about the poker idea. In fact, just so not to waste a potentialy good smoke, I cut off the foot of the stick about 1/2 inch above the cherry and blew out all excess smoke. Let it sit out over night to see what would happen. Still hard to draw unlit this AM. I might try the poker this afternoon.....what have I got to lose??

stogieman said:
Sorry for your mis-fortune there Steve cause all the Boli PCs that I've had were excellent with no draw problems at all. That proves a point that any great ceegar can have a fault now and then... ??? ???
have had this problem a few times, but never w/ a Bolivar (of the 3-5 of them I have smoked), though happened to me once w/ a CAO and 3 times w/ a Padron.

I've only had this happen to me once....*knocking on wood*

It was a Partagas Short :(

I'm assuming this PC was not over humidified? Sometimes leaving it out of the humi for a day or two will help. If you're sure thats not the case try using a paperclip to poke it but be careful....very easy to come out the side of the cigar with those PC's.

What a coincident, when I saw the title "Bolivar Petit Corona" JoeP came to mind immeadiatly. He's such a Boli pc whore.
encore.gif
Maybe we should contact that new wife of his and ask her to untie him from the bed.
pimp2.gif

Not to steal this thread, but I have to ask about the use of the cigar poker. Especially after reading about them on lucasbuck's group buy thread. If you've got a plugged cigar, are you supposed to run the poker through it while its still lit? Sounds kinda dicey to me. But if you wait for it to go out and then poke it and re-light it, won't that effect the flavor of the remaining cigar? ???

I believe the idea is is the pre-light draw is tight you put the poker to work. However I suppose you could use it lit as well. Anybody have experience with this?

I had a plugged RyJ Churchill once. MAN did that aggrevate the heck outta me
mad.gif

A guy I worked with had gotten it in Aruba or St. Maarten and it was a Christmas present.

I tossed it out the window
sadwavey.gif

What I have done in the past is to put it back in the humi for another week. You'll be suprised at the difference in the draw. Fast4dr, I've experienced this problem w/ the Partagas shorts many times. Try this out next time and you will be much happier. :thumbs:

If you have a plugged cigar that is still lit try poking it from the rear. Slowly poke it up to the ash but don't poke it thru the ash. Allow the cigar to burn to the reamed area and you should be fine.

Most plugged cigars will not stay lit. No problem with relighting them in a timely fashion.
Knock off any ash present..... poke it.....relight..... blowing through the cigar a few times once you have it lighted.

I never had a prob with the BPC they always smoked great.
I just got a box I'm leting them sleep for a 3mo. I hope there
smoke the same.

SMOKOZUNA said:
What I have done in the past is to put it back in the humi for another week. You'll be suprised at the difference in the draw. Fast4dr, I've experienced this problem w/ the Partagas shorts many times. Try this out next time and you will be much happier. :thumbs:
doesn't that stink up your humidor!?!?!

I should have clarified. B4 I light up the cigar, I check the draw. If it's too tight, I just put it back in the humi.

NEVER PUT A LIT CIGAR BACK IN YOUR HUMI!! :p