• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar RC '06

BahamaTom

Hello all...

It seems with all the talk of the infamous "letters", our beloved CP has slowed in terms of reviews and postings. I can say that in my relatively brief stint with cigars, that if it weren't for this site and it's plethora of members, I wouldn't have half the knowledge I have. We should all thank Rob for that...

Alright, enough stroking... :D

I had a hard day at work today, so I thought I would relax with (2 or 3) nice screwdrivers (the vodka/OJ kind) and Bolivar RC from '06... I tried cutting ala Wilkey (cutting into the cap just enough to flip it off, not cutting off a bit of the interior God-given tobacco...)... The wrapper on this cigar was wonderful, dark brown and shiny in the sun... Upon removing the carefully manicured cap, I proceeded with the prelight draw... Fantastic "C" tobacco flavor... heavy, almost to the point that I didn't want to light it... :D

The burn on this beauty was crisp and neat... Straight all the way through. The ash was a shade above medium grey, solid and heavy... Excellent. It went to almost 2" before falling off and burning my foot... I was slightly injured, but I pressed on... I didn't have to ash it again... Smoked it to the nub.

I am not that good at figuring out the different flavors yet, but for the most part, it had a great toasted almond aroma the whole way through. It was a strong cigar in terms of flavor, earthy with a rich and creamy smoke. It was soooo good it compelled me to write this, my first review (if you can call it that...).

Bottom line, if you haven't had the pleasure of one of these, please do what you can to get one. It sure made my difficult day a distant memory.

Thanks for reading this. I hope I did this excellent cigar justice.

Regards,

BT

Well done, BT. The '06 BRC is one of my favorites from the vintage and one of my favorite Bolis from recent years. Just powerful, dense, and tasty.

You did right by this cigar. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Well done, BT. The '06 BRC is one of my favorites from the vintage and one of my favorite Bolis from recent years. Just powerful, dense, and tasty.

You did right by this cigar. :thumbs:

Wilkey

X2......................I keep visiting these and, they just keep getting better and better. I don't think I will be disciplined enough to let them get any serious age to them.