• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bomb etiquette

Yeah...the original post was fine. I don't think anyone took any kind of offense to your asking about the etiquette (it is preserved in oke&coke's quoted response though). As for why you posted on 4 or 5 other sites the exact same question, an explanation would be appreciated and probably set things a little straighter. KidM wasn't asking rhetorically (I think).

Yeah...the original post was fine. I don't think anyone took any kind of offense to your asking about the etiquette (it is preserved in oke&coke's quoted response though). As for why you posted on 4 or 5 other sites the exact same question, an explanation would be appreciated and probably set things a little straighter. KidM wasn't asking rhetorically (I think).
Ooo, I know! :) The sender didn't identify themselves enough to know which forum it came from so this post was partially intended to discover said unknown identity. What did I win! :p

What I'm confused about is why you posted this exact same thread on several other forums. If a CPer bombed you, why act like you got bombed by somebody on four or five different sites?

http://cigargeeks.com/community/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=42487&start=1

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-questions/216786-bomb-etiquette.html

http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/9590/bomb-etiquette/page_2/#post215341

Excellent question, great find... and a bit strange...

He's fishing for free cigars, is my guess. He's been here since March 4th and already received a bomb? Just a little fishy to me.

Last edited:
Our own Sam Clemmons hit the nail on the head - worth repeating and reposting, to be sure:
Dear Baby Jeezus... why in the blue fook is this NOT a sticky? It's a question/issue that comes up frequently enough to warrant it. As a past offender who has seen it repeated by others, I've recommended it on more than one occasion.

*EDIT* Crap, didn't see this whole second page that totally changes the climate of the thread. Question still stands, though.

*EDIT II* Edited to add that I edited the post.

Which now leaves me in a quandary. I'm a softie at heart, try and find the good things in life. Here I am ready to mail out a small bomb just cause. Then you post the identical posts on the other forums which I took time to look at. At the very least I'm confused.

A few sticks and postage isn't the end of the world. But I would be upset to be taken advantage of.

So WTF do I do? I think you have made a valid point, he should hop on here, tell us we have it all wrong and he is just young and confused, or something. Not saying anything doesn't appear to be the correct answer.

I'd just leave it be, Ed. It's made for interesting drama this whole affair; but it's like watching a drunk driver in a slow speed car crash. It's entertaining because no one got hurt, but you don't want to provide any sort of encouragement for him to do this shit again.

Yeah, the fact that it hasn't been cleared up by now makes it look very fishy. The "Bomber", whatever forum he's on, should have stepped forward by now and a subsequent notice should also have appeared by now. He's not from Denmark, is he?

dit to add: I hope I am wrong and, if so, I hope you post here soon proving me wrong. :)

Last edited:
Which now leaves me in a quandary. I'm a softie at heart, try and find the good things in life. Here I am ready to mail out a small bomb just cause. Then you post the identical posts on the other forums which I took time to look at. At the very least I'm confused.
Find another worthy target to send it to. No shortage of them on here.

A suggestion for Rod: is it possible to time limit the edit function? I've seen this on some other message boards, so that there is an interval allowed for grammatical editing or even deletion of the post, but that afterwards the post cannot be modified further. This issue seems to come up time and time again, with the occasional asshat going as far as deleting their entire post history once exposed.

A suggestion for Rod: is it possible to time limit the edit function? I've seen this on some other message boards, so that there is an interval allowed for grammatical editing or even deletion of the post, but that afterwards the post cannot be modified further. This issue seems to come up time and time again, with the occasional asshat going as far as deleting their entire post history once exposed.

Not a bad suggestion except for ongoing passes, contests and sales and such. For instance, the first post in a pass or a contest is normally updated as the pass progresses with puts and takes. Same for contests for instance the 13 run pool. The ability to edit seems to me to be a necessary convenience.

Not a bad suggestion except for ongoing passes, contests and sales and such. For instance, the first post in a pass or a contest is normally updated as the pass progresses with puts and takes. Same for contests for instance the 13 run pool. The ability to edit seems to me to be a necessary convenience.

Touché. That is a major complication that would result in huge amounts of copypasta. Still, would a time limit of 6 months or a year be enough to wrap up a pass? Ginseng for instance deleted posts that were several years old when he flamed out.

Maybe there is an option to allow editing after you're a member for X amount of time or have X number of posts?

Since the original post was cut and pasted on multiple other forums, my admin senses tell me he's probably a 'pixel spammer' or something similar, and won't be back. If I or someone that knows how that works could have looked at the original post, it's easy and obvious to spot.

On the computer forum I help administer, we IP ban them on the spot.

Since the original post was cut and pasted on multiple other forums, my admin senses tell me he's probably a 'pixel spammer' or something similar, and won't be back. If I or someone that knows how that works could have looked at the original post, it's easy and obvious to spot.

On the computer forum I help administer, we IP ban them on the spot.

I'm not sure what a "pixel spammer" really is. I tried looking it up but came up with nothing.

PS please excuse my ignorance.

There was a time when the senior members would "Reply" a fishy post like this in case of this sort of incident. Those FOGs have that sixth sense about them....they can smell a scammer a mile away. ;)