• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boneheaded move of the week.....

jcollector1

So I leave for lunch this afternoon and walk by my 400 count and the lid is wide open :(

Seems as if my dumb arse left it open all night after grabbing a WOAM last night. What is my best course of action to get the humidor back to where it should be. I really saturated the beads in it and put in a shot glass full of distilled water. Anything else I should do?

Shut the fuggin' lid.

Doc.

:blush: Lol

Worst part is its my humi with all my Anejo, Opus, Hemi Maddy, ISOM, and Tat's.

Well its already back to 56% according to my digi so I'm not too worried, but how stupid can one be ???

Ahh just got so exicted you were about to smoke a WOAM. LOL thats funny though. I'm sure they will all be alright.

Yeah, they'll be fine, just don't try to recover your humidity level too quickly. A nice steady rise is all you want.

Yeah, they'll be fine, just don't try to recover your humidity level too quickly. A nice steady rise is all you want.
That's key to avoiding the dreaded "exploding cigar wrapper" phenomenon. Trust me. You don't want to go there. Do not start with supersaturated wet wet wet. Slow and steady with regular beads and then touch them up as they dry out.

Wilkey

Collector, are the opus I sent to you alright, for gods sake save the Opus. Just kidding. I'm sure it's a more common mistake then you might think. A steady rise back to 70% is the best course of action

Collector, are the opus I sent to you alright, for gods sake save the Opus. Just kidding. I'm sure it's a more common mistake then you might think. A steady rise back to 70% is the best course of action

No bro that tin is pack away for aging :thumbs:

The lower levels of the humi didnt' dip far below 60 but the top tray was the one with the most exposure. I should have noticed the lid being open when I stumbled in last night but I think the 5 doubles of Oban had me thinking bed and not cigars.

Update: Lower levels are checking out around 63% top is getting close to 60% beads are doin there job too bad I wasnt doing mine last night.