• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Booker's Bourbon Price Increase

57Strat

Beam Suntory is increasing Booker's MSRP to $99.99 in 2017 and going from six releases per year to four. Good time to buy before the price adjustment.

Bottles sit on the shelves here for months at $55. I'm sure they assume by increasing the price, bourbon groupies will associate that with premium so they'll buy it. After all, everyone knows bourbon only gets good once it breaks that $100 mark ;)

Any reason why? This makes me sad.

Sad indeed.

They believe it is undervalued in the current market and are leaving money on the table. A good bourbon that is always available at a reasonable cost, especially when on sale. Looks like those days will be gone shortly.

Last edited:
A good read on the subject. I've known Lew for a few years.
Linky

I don't have any Booker's and I think the price here is already over $50, but always been that way. Will have to look at getting one.

Booker's is fine. At $55-$70 it's probably worth it. At $100, I have no reason to buy it ever again. Way too many great bourbon's out there for half as much, and every bit as good.

Yeah, this is disappointing. I'll grab a couple bottles today, and then goodbye.

First it was Elmer T Lee, then it was WL Weller, now it's Eagle Rare and Booker's

Last edited:
It's over $80.00 in my area. Hate to see what it goes up to.

I just got an email for people to enter a chance to buy a bottle of Bookers Rye at 299 at a local spot in Denver.

Booker's is on sale here for $60 ish a bottle. If I drank bourbon I'd probably buy a few.

yep, but they plan on still increasing the price but in increments.....