• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Books on cigars.

NEXT

What are some good books or reading material on cigars out there that I could use as a reference?

I like Zino Davidoff's "The Cigar Connoisseur". Have a first ed. of the english priniting from 1969 and it is pretty cool at that.

otherwise, go to your local library and just check out 2-4 books, leaf through them and read what sounds neat to you. that is prob. the best way to go.

:thumbs:

Min Ron Nee Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars (see Sale Room threads by ucmba)

Matt,

Can't seem to track it down...

I did a search to no avail. Could ya show me the way?

Much appreciated!

Miles,

Here's the thread Matt was talking about.

email: Ronald@eformz.com

He still has some left. I just bought one last week.

Idiots Guide to Cigars has some valuable info in it too. :)

Idiots Guide to Cigars has some valuable info in it too.

Okay, where do I find that one as it sounds like it was written specifically for me :D

coventrycat86 said:
Idiots Guide to Cigars has some valuable info in it too.

Okay, where do I find that one as it sounds like it was written specifically for me :D
Any bookstore should have it. $17

agreed...that's the first book i bought as well. very informative.

beleive it or not. cigars for dummys is a good book. its a bit dated but still good info

purchase order of my books

Cigar Aficionado's - World of the Cigar
Complete Idiot's Guide to Cigars
Zino Davidoff's - The Cigar Conisseur
Min Ron NEE's - "Encyclopedia of Post-Revolutionary Havana Cigars"

all of them are good reads.
the idiot's guide is great for beginners or a quick ref.

CA's has great pics and gen. info, incl lots on diff. countries

Zino's and MRN's are both great reads.

:thumbs:

Let me echo the recommendation on the Idiot's Guide. It is a very good book for beginners and experts.

I dropped my copy off at the cigar store, where I smoke, as a permanent loan item. The guys there of course made fun of me for even having such a book. Now everyone refers to it when they have a question, often when we are just herfing around the coffee table.

I have found the Idiot's and For Dummies series of books very helpful on many different subjects.

Best regards,

FA