• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Born of boardom and necessity

dsd5150

Due to current and upcoming purchases, I will be outgrowing my current 150 count humi(still can't figure out how they get this bloated figure).

So, needed some additional storage fast... Enter my ammodor project from this weekend... Still need to sand some of the glue seep and add a tray to the inside... Fun Saturday project and a new home for my runoff... Should be half full by the weekend...

Probably gonna make a few more of these babies this weekend for the hell of it...

Current humi
IMG_2357-1.jpg

Ammodor "before"
IMG_2343.jpg

Ammodor "after"
IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

Sweet!
Awesome job!
How'd you get the finish on the outside of the ammo can?

-Rob

Very well done! Was that "limited edition" emblem ordered at a parts dept. of a car dealership?

Very well done! Was that "limited edition" emblem ordered at a parts dept. of a car dealership?

One of the "Big Guy" auto parts stores... 5 bucks each side, just enough bling to keep it on my bar and not look like a surplus ammo can.

The bling makes it!

Awesome job!!

What are your estimates on its capacity?

The bling makes it!

Awesome job!!

What are your estimates on its capacity?

13 rows across and 6 rows deep(78 laid down) on a 5" 52 ring gauge (checked with some robustos).

8 by 13 (104 vertical) 6.5" 52 ring gauge standing vertical.

Just checked with some sticks... Won't hold a churchill standing up, but not really drawn to churchills anyhow.

Pretty cool!

I like to see these kinds of things. It's amazing what some people come up with sometimes.

:thumbs:

There are some ammo cans referred to as S.A.W.s... Slightly larger than the 50cal boxes that will support a churchill on end with its cedar accompanyments... gonna get one this week to see how the inner dimensions fair out...

That looks very nice, but on to more important questions. What is that on the far left of the top tray? :0

Brandon