• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boston Marathon Bombing

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
There was a lot of conversation in the Shout box and I know some are interested across the US and beyond on whats going on. I know news can be slow and may not even be covered extensively in your area so as I here news items I will share them here. Well wishes to all the B/SOTL here at CP that may have had family in town on Monday. Big thanks to the brothers that reached out to me knowing I had family in and at the race!

Everyone is talking about the man in the cowboy hat. This man is Carlos Arredondo who saved Jeff Bauman Jr. who's legs were blown off during the first blast. He stopped the bleeding by wrapping the wounds with a torn sweatshirt and grasped Jeff's Femoral Artery in his left hand to keep it from bleeding out. He is a true American Hero and not the only one as there was a lot of citizens that put their lives aside to help the victims of this tragedy. 

Here are some of the local Stories coming out today:

First interview with Carlos: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57579913/marathon-bomb-victim-has-both-legs-amputated/
Undedited Photos of the scene including a the VERY Graphic photo of Jeff and Carlos: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/
New pics of the location of the second bomb from Local Channel 7: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/boston/10010384080855/exclusive-fbi-investigating-photo-that-shows-bag/

Sad day indeed,
Paul

Sometimes tradegies like this show the resolve of the human being. I hope that it showed that when things go bad some people go forward and help instead of flee.

Thanks Paul, I actually mentioned "the guy in the cowboy hat" yesterday when I was talking to some friends, and hoped to find out who he was. Because of that hat he stands out in several photos. Clearing debris immediately after the blast, and bent over helping others, and then helping Jeff Bauman Jr. He obviously was in the thick of it. 

HERO

Joebunaga said:
Thanks Paul, I actually mentioned "the guy in the cowboy hat" yesterday when I was talking to some friends, and hoped to find out who he was. Because of that hat he stands out in several photos. Clearing debris immediately after the blast, and bent over helping others, and then helping Jeff Bauman Jr. He obviously was in the thick of it. 

HERO

I hear you,  If you look up some videos of him being interviewed right after the fact.  He was shaking badly.  He was running on pure instincts and pure adrenaline.  Reading into his history, makes me think, when I have a bad day, hes got it 100 times worst everyday and he is still making an impact in this world.  

This man knows loss and pain, yet despite that, he acted selfless and helped save a fellow human's life. God bless him and those impacted by this cowardly act of violence.

Strange vibe in the city. Seeing guys with m16 walking the street is a weriod sight. Officers with bomb sniffing dog at the loading docks of buildings. Strange times.

Clear picture ID of the possible suspect of a man placing packages before the bombs went off! Security cams from Lord and Taylor and news station provided the video. It has not been released yet but I'm sure it will pop up. http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22003291/source-officials-identify-marathon-bombing-suspect?fb_comment_id=fbc_489675511086796_4764834_489677001086647#f4b84dc0c

I wasn't going to share this link do to it not being reputable but I am curious if he is one of these possible people! This is like a Wheres Waldo type page! http://imgur.com/a/sUrnA

Since you are in the area (or anyone, actually), if you on the off chance hear of any sort of contact info for Jeff Bauman Jr...  such as a fund or even just something his parents post for people who want to send well wishes, could you post it here?

I will see what I can find out. There is a lot of people asking about this and I haven't heard of anything specifically for him but some talk about funds being started for all the victims as a group. 

I will try and find out,
Paul

Just found a support page on FB!

https://www.facebook.com/supportjeffandfamily

Even in the face of such bad, the good in people is the most amazing thing.  Thanks for posting this.  I think it gives some perspective.

Thank you, Paul.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  To echo what is on the FB page, I know that Jeff would appreciate any physical show of support he receives, especially from a nation of strangers.  From that FB page:

In care of Jen Joyce for Jeff Bauman
117 Tyngsboro Rd. Westford MA, 01886

OR

In care of Jen Joyce for Jeff Bauman
P.O. Box 261 Chelmsford MA

During the press conference the FBI guy said that this was the only footage that the public should be worried about. With the thousands of pictures and all the video, what they showed us was the only thing we should be worried about? Just struck me as odd.

They have an eyewitness . . . just saw the article in my FB newsfeed. Bauman, who's being helped by Carlos (in the cowboy hat) was able to tell authorities he saw the man who put the pack down that exploded and took his legs off . . . made EYE CONTACT with him minutes before the bomb went off.  They used his description to go through the thousands of video images and spot the fucker.

~Boar

They have an eyewitness . . . just saw the article in my FB newsfeed. Bauman, who's being helped by Carlos (in the cowboy hat) was able to tell authorities he saw the man who put the pack down that exploded and took his legs off . . . made EYE CONTACT with him minutes before the bomb went off.  They used his description to go through the thousands of video images and spot the fucker.

~Boar
That is awesome. Bauman may end up being the biggest hero of this whole mess.

Shooting at MIT is being reported. Campus officer was killed.
What a bad week for Boston. Very sad.

One of the suspects is dead, the other (white hat) still on the loose in the area.  Everyone up there be careful!

Though I feel no sadness in the extermination of Suspect 1, I do regret that we may never find out a motive for this horror if #2 is taken out, as well.  That is amazing to hear that Bauman may be the key to unraveling all of this and making sure the terrorists do not escape.  I feel for every victim of the attacks and admittedly wish that some of the other casualties would get the same "media treatment" that Jeff is getting due to the photo of him that will no doubt become an iconic symbol of this era.  However, he is proving that his unsolicited attention is not at all just a coincidental ploy for the media.  Whereas before I shared sympathetically in his situation at having his life tragically changed like this in the blink of an eye, I now have immense respect for him if this is all true and he helped bring some closure to hundreds of victims of that day and millions more around the world.  

Simply amazing.