• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boswell Fishing Pipe

Mr_Wolf

He's watching.............
My new little pipe came today! It's a Boswell Fishing Pipe. Compact and lite, apple shaped with a 1' lanyard to hook to your fishing vest. Just in time too, the white & yellow perch will be running soon! Got some Majestic 586 to break it in with.

8bafe79c.jpg

0b68b7e8.jpg

ee70d0f4.jpg

32a66d01.jpg

c6355fab.jpg

Pipe looks great! I am curious as to the purpose of the screen over the bowl though? I have seen these on Boswells sight, but don't quite understand them? Can someone please enlighten me?
B

Even the slightest wind can make the tobacco burn hot. This can cause damage to the pipe and make it taste bad.. The screen must cut back on some of that..

Very nice Mr Wolf! :thumbs:
Dang, are you on a "one of each mission" at Boswell's?

My understanding of the bowl screen is that if you are fishing, and you have the lanyard attached and you need to drop the pipe from your mouth, or quickly stuff it in a pocket, the screen is to prevent the fire from dropping out. That is my guess...anyway.

Very nice! I was eyeing those on the last update, but I think I'll stick with a cob for fishing (I usually fish with my 5 year old and I can handle a cob going into the lake).

The screen is to protect the bowl from wind. Apparently they are quite effective. I've used one while run the snow thrower and the pipe never got hot. I don't know if it would have without the screen, but many pipers much more knowledgeable than I have recommended the use of a windscreen when outdoors in windy conditions.

Seems it would hold the cherry in the bowl as well, so maybe it's a multi-tasker.

Yeah, the screen prevents both the wind causing an excessively hot burn, as well as keeping your ash and coal in place when it hits the end of the lanyard. (This sometimes happens when a fisherman actually gets a bite :sign: )

I have been looking at these pipes for a while. I like the lanyard and the screen. Before I always thought that the screen might be in case you had to drop the pipe while reeling in a fish, and the hot tobacco doesn't come out and burn a hole in your shirt or waders.

How is your pipe coming along? I have not had a Boswell's, but if it is as good as his tobacco then I doubt I have anything to worry about.

I have been looking at these pipes for a while. I like the lanyard and the screen. Before I always thought that the screen might be in case you had to drop the pipe while reeling in a fish, and the hot tobacco doesn't come out and burn a hole in your shirt or waders.

How is your pipe coming along? I have not had a Boswell's, but if it is as good as his tobacco then I doubt I have anything to worry about.

John, it smokes great! In fact, I smoked it while cleaning the gutters this past weekend. It didn't get in the way once. I haven't tried taking it on the kayak yet.

And yes I believe that's what the screen is for, so you can drop it in your pocket it. It tried to smoke it with it on, but didn't have too much luck.