• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass

Looks like the 4". I love mine! I hope you get many thousands of rounds of fun with it. :) Great pickup!

Don

XD is a good gun. You will definately enjoy that piece. I will probably be buying one in the coming months as a duty gun. The main thing that I like is that they use the 18 degree angle like a 1911 has. With the way I pull from a hoster an 18 degree grip angle puts me dead on from draw.
B

Custom Ruger Mini14 by Accuracy Systems. Custom trigger, Action group, Gas block, 3 post solid bedding, Full 1" Krieger free floated bull barrel w/ 1-in-7 twist, custom for grip ect. ect. ect. Shoots a consistent 1/2" 5 shot group at 200 yards. Yes, no kidding!
101_0890.jpg

That's a badass gun! I bet that's a lot of fun to shoot.

This thing is a blast to shoot. I generally load a heavier bullet for it as the twist is a little fast. Nothing under 60grn. 69-79rgn shoot the best. The problem with anything heavier is that the COL is to long to fit in the mags. So I stay with a sierra 69grn matchking. The best part about this gun is there is absolutely NO recoil so you can stay on target without having to reacquisition your target. Money well spent. Anyone want a great place to get pretty much anything semi-auto customized hit me with a PM and I can turn you on to a great bunch of guys in Colorado.

Custom Ruger Mini14 by Accuracy Systems. Custom trigger, Action group, Gas block, 3 post solid bedding, Full 1" Krieger free floated bull barrel w/ 1-in-7 twist, custom for grip ect. ect. ect. Shoots a consistent 1/2" 5 shot group at 200 yards. Yes, no kidding!
101_0890.jpg

This thing is a blast to shoot. I generally load a heavier bullet for it as the twist is a little fast. Nothing under 60grn. 69-79rgn shoot the best. The problem with anything heavier is that the COL is to long to fit in the mags. So I stay with a sierra 69grn matchking. The best part about this gun is there is absolutely NO recoil so you can stay on target without having to reacquisition your target. Money well spent. Anyone want a great place to get pretty much anything semi-auto customized hit me with a PM and I can turn you on to a great bunch of guys in Colorado.

Although my reply is not about the rifle it is about something else in the picture so I am going to post it anyway. I notice your choice of reloading equipment. Good choice, Dillon is some fine equipment. From what I can see I think it is the Square Deal B? But I can't see it all so it may be the 550. The caseplate is what is making me think its the Square Deal B. I use the 550 and I absolutely love it. Everything Dillon makes is some fine equipment. I have seen it paired up again precision reloading equipment that costs 4 times what Dillon gear runs, and the Dillon outperformed it all.
B

101_0890.jpg

Although my reply is not about the rifle it is about something else in the picture so I am going to post it anyway. I notice your choice of reloading equipment. Good choice, Dillon is some fine equipment. From what I can see I think it is the Square Deal B? But I can't see it all so it may be the 550. The caseplate is what is making me think its the Square Deal B. I use the 550 and I absolutely love it. Everything Dillon makes is some fine equipment. I have seen it paired up again precision reloading equipment that costs 4 times what Dillon gear runs, and the Dillon outperformed it all.
B

P4090015.jpg

Pretty close on your guess. It is the RL 550B. The semi progressive is the way to go IMO. Allows you to do quality inspections at each different stage without having to cycle it all the way through the press. Tons of research went into my decision of choosing a press that best suites my needs and the Dillon has not let me down. I like the fact that once you have a tool head set for a caliber that you can switch between calibers in 10-15 minutes.

Sweet, that is the same press I have. I couldn't see the powder hopper thats why I was not sure. I do love how fast you can change calibers.
B

101_0890.jpg

B

P4090015.jpg

Pretty close on your guess. It is the RL 550B. The semi progressive is the way to go IMO. Allows you to do quality inspections at each different stage without having to cycle it all the way through the press. Tons of research went into my decision of choosing a press that best suites my needs and the Dillon has not let me down. I like the fact that once you have a tool head set for a caliber that you can switch between calibers in 10-15 minutes.

Any puts and takes Freak?

Jim

My newest addition to my amory! :cool:

XD.jpg

had to upgrade my .40 S&W and decided on the XD!

Can't wait to shoot it!

Hahaha, everyone has XD's now, I just got the one I posted a few weeks ago, and like it a lot! It's not as satisfying to shoot as my 1911...but very few things are. Good gun though and easy to operate.

Does yours have a safety switch on the side? or just the grip and trigger safety?

XD.jpg

Can't wait to shoot it!

Hahaha, everyone has XD's now, I just got the one I posted a few weeks ago, and like it a lot! It's not as satisfying to shoot as my 1911...but very few things are. Good gun though and easy to operate.

Does yours have a safety switch on the side? or just the grip and trigger safety?

Just the grip and trigger safety. Only thing I want to change is some trijicon night sights.

OK, since stepthirteen pushed the pass on me and got us all out of order here are my puts and takes s approved by Jake.

T-#75 Anejo 55/P-AF Untold Story Maduro 2006
T-#74 Anejo 77/P-Partagas Decades LR 1996 #4
T-#44 Bolivar GM/P-HDM EL 2007
T#41 GOF Carlitos DR 06'/P-Padilla 1932 Limitado Oscuro Robusto From 2006 LE humidor
T-#58 Ashton VSG Enchantment/P-DCM #3 pyramid

I will hand deliver this back to Jim within the hour. Thanks for letting me play.

Mark

XD.jpg

Can't wait to shoot it!

Just the grip and trigger safety. Only thing I want to change is some trijicon night sights.

I put on the Trijicon green/green on my 4" XD40 and I am in love :) Just the way I like em! IMHO you cannot go wrong with em!

Don

can you do it yourself or did you have a smith do it?

Trijicon's website suggests you have a gunsmith install the sights.

I keep trying to fall in love with my XD, but it just doesnt compare to the feel and satisfaction of firing a 1911.

It just seems, too...utilitarian. Too tool like, too simply built, etc, just not as...fun...

Checked the pass and everything looks good. Everything seems in order and all is well, so here are my proposed puts and takes-

Takes-

21) HdM Epicure #2 (2007)
53) Liga Pravada #9 Corona Double

Puts-

81) Cohiba Magicos Maduro 07'
82) Opus X Super Belicoso 06'
83) Illusione ECCJ

Let me know :).

Jim

Checked the pass and everything looks good. Everything seems in order and all is well, so here are my proposed puts and takes-

Takes-

Puts-

83) Illusione ECCJ

Jim

More than good Jim! Thanks for playing along you two. ;)

Appreciate the extra generosity sir!

Takes-

Puts-

83) Illusione ECCJ

Jim

More than good Jim! Thanks for playing along you two. ;)

Appreciate the extra generosity sir!

Excellent Jake!! I have PMd the next BOTL and just await his reply.

Jim

Couldn't stand it anyl onger so I took the new XD out in the snow and let loose a few rounds.

Very nice shooting weapon! The ease of field stripping is off the chart. My 1911 is a pain in the ass to field strip compared to the XD.

I highly recomend this pistol for anyone who is in the market.

Next up:

Rock River AR-15. :D

Couldn't stand it anyl onger so I took the new XD out in the snow and let loose a few rounds.

Very nice shooting weapon! The ease of field stripping is off the chart. My 1911 is a pain in the ass to field strip compared to the XD.

I highly recomend this pistol for anyone who is in the market.

Next up:

Rock River AR-15. :D

I have a XDm 9mm and I love the way it feels. I have not shot it yet, but look forward to doing some plunking. Glad you like it!!

Jim