• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOURBON ALERT!

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
George T. Stagg on sale at Hitimewine. Link.

This is version 3, read my review of version 2 here.

From the ad copy:
Limited Edition 65.90% alcohol by volume. 131.8 proof

Uncut and unfiltered, and of an age and quality that only more than two centuries of experience can bring, Buffalo Trace Distillery offers this bourbon as a testament to quality, tradition, and innovation, and to the struggle to preserve and prosper where most others have failed, which is what George T Stagg and his namesake bourbon are all about. We can think of no better tribute!

This is from a recent Wine Enthusiast article that gave George T Stagg 15 year old bourbon a 90-95 point rating.

"First whiffs pick up potent scents of alcohol and rancio; after seven minutes in the glass, layers of walnut butter, linseed oil, charred oak, _mocha and minerals enchant the nose. Palate entry is hot, caramel-like and sweet; midpalate offers intense flavors of raisins and other dried fruit, oak, marzipan and that touch of nobility, rancio. Finishes boldly, richly and with enough heat to keep your attention. This cask strength bourbon and others like it are the most balanced when the alcohol level hovers between 45-50%, so add a generous splash of mineral or spring water."

REGULAR PRICE $79.99

SALE PRICE $49.99

At 131 proof that is pretty potent fire water. 50 bucks isn't bad, thanks for the link.

If I remember right, this was the highest rated bourbon (or any other whiskey for that matter) in Murray's Whiskey Bible. I believe it scored something like a 97 or 98 out of a possible 100. Don't know which version it was, however.

I just got my Whiskey Bible 2005, and I remember this one was the highest scoring bourbon (97). Must be some seriously awesome stuff.

Hmmm ...... looks like I'm getting a bottle of this. Thanks for the link to Hitimewine, nice site :thumbs:

:cool:

Newbies are always so far behind. :p

NorCalCigarLover said:
Hmmm ...... looks like I'm getting a bottle of this. Thanks for the link to Hitimewine, nice site :thumbs:

[snapback]182235[/snapback]​

mhn said:
Mine is schedule for delivery May 2nd :)
[snapback]182236[/snapback]​

Mine came today :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

What proof version did they end up sending?

mhn said:
Mine came today :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
[snapback]183530[/snapback]​

They have tried to deliver mine since Friday, but there was no one home today or Friday. Will let you know when it comes.

Careful, this stuff will knock a little wino like you for a loop!

I have more than a clue I have proof! From your profile, all these sissy drinks. :laugh: :whistling:

Favorite Wineries:
Pisoni Vineyards & Winery (Pinot Noir)
Siduri Winery (Pinot Noir)
Novy Family Wines (Zinfandel, Syrah)
Lucia Vineyards & Winery (Pinot Noir, Syrah)
Loring Wine Company (Pinot Noir)
A.P. Vin (Pinot Noir)
DeRose Vineyards (Negrette, Zinfandel, Hollywood Red)
Rosenblum Cellars (Zinfandel)
Kosta-Browne (Pinot Noir)

I will give you a bunch of credit for the tequila though, that stuff damn near kills me.

NorCalCigarLover said:
HAH! you have no clue old man!  :sign:

[snapback]183760[/snapback]​

Just got my bottle today, 131.8 proof. Beautiful color, will probably try some tonight! :whistling:

I have more than a clue I have proof! From your profile, all these sissy drinks. :laugh: :whistling:

DAMN YOU AVB!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will give you a bunch of credit for the tequila though, that stuff damn near kills me.

Ahhhhhh ..... Mothers's milk :thumbs:

Had one drink the other night and I am very happy I bought this bottle. IMHO this is outstanding bourbon. Thanks for the heads up!