• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOURBON ALERT!

Just picked up a bottle of this last week. Can't wait to give it a try.

Reviews! Where are the reviews? :(

AVB said:
[snapback]185275[/snapback]​

OK, next time I have a drink of this, I will try and compose something, I assure you though, it will not be near as eloquent or complete as something you would compose.

Bought some Van Winkle 15 year old as well. I feel as though I'm starting down a slippery slope here. Losing foothold, like a big sand dune on cliff, it is easy and smooth going down, but getting back looks like a problem.

That Van Winkle 15 is some goooooood stuff.

To steal from Leebo: YOU'RE DONE!

golfgar said:
Bought some Van Winkle 15 year old as well. I feel as though I'm starting down a slippery slope here. Losing foothold, like a big sand dune on cliff, it is easy and smooth going down, but getting back looks like a problem.
[snapback]185366[/snapback]​

While digging around I found out a bit more info on this particular version of GTS. The las two bottlings have been right at 15 years and a month or two. This new version was aged for 16 years and 9 months before bottling. Just an FYI if you're interested.

for those in the Old Dominion, the VA state liquor agency still has this in stock in their special order catalogue...it's just under $50

golfgar said:
AVB said:
[snapback]185275[/snapback]​

OK, next time I have a drink of this, I will try and compose something, I assure you though, it will not be near as eloquent or complete as something you would compose.

[snapback]185366[/snapback]​

I bought some of the Van Winkle 15 with my last order. Tried some last week. Will try to review this week sometime. Anyway, it is fantastic. I found it to be very "hot", but the taste was fabulous.

Picked up two more bottles this weekend.

Okay, I finally opened up the Staggs this past weekend.

I drank this one the way I usually drink Knob Creek, with a little ice. The nose on this was very nice, very concentrated wood, smoke, caramel. I couldn't get enough of this nose :thumbs: . The taste was initally quite smooth with those caramel tastes coming through but the mid palatte became a bit bitter with the finish staying on the bitter side. Not in a bad way for myself but not the clean follow through finish that I have gotten with other bourbons. The one thing I noticed most was the concentration of taste and aroma that I enjoyed most from this bourbon. But, I would have to rate it lower for the bitter finish.

:cool:

NorCalCigarLover said:
Okay, I finally opened up the Staggs this past weekend.

I drank this one the way I usually drink Knob Creek, with a little ice. The nose on this was very nice, very concentrated wood, smoke, caramel. I couldn't get enough of this nose :thumbs: . The taste was initally quite smooth with those caramel tastes coming through but the mid palatte became a bit bitter with the finish staying on the bitter side. Not in a bad way for myself but not the clean follow through finish that I have gotten with other bourbons. The one thing I noticed most was the concentration of taste and aroma that I enjoyed most from this bourbon. But, I would have to rate it lower for the bitter finish.

:cool:
[snapback]190400[/snapback]​

Thanks for the quick review. I have yet to open my bottle of the Stagg, but am glad to hear other's reactions before doing so. Hmmm, maybe this weekend. :thumbs:

Cracked open my bottle last night and don't get the bitterness that was mentioned. Everybody has different tastes so this may fall within the normal range.