• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BoxPressd, anyone using it

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....

not a bad app, has a good look and feel.
they are still developing it, so there are some bugs, but V2 is dropping soon

I am using it, I like it

not a bad app, has a good look and feel.
they are still developing it, so there are some bugs, but V2 is dropping soon

I am using it, I like it
I've tried it a few times. I feel its missing some functionality when entering cigars. Other than that its nice. Probably one of the better ones out there.

What do you think it is missing?

I am not shilling or promoting this app in any way, I am just curious

- I don't like the "gift from a friend" only works if the person is a user. I'd rather be able to type their name.
- I'd like to see a location in the humidor option. i.e shelf 1, shelf 2
- I don't see where your "smoked" cigars go. If I smoke a cigar, and I want to see who gifted it to me or see a list of cigars I smoked and how I rated them, how do I do that. I assume there is a way, but at quick glance its not obvious.
- I don't see where I can find a list of my favorite cigars. This is probably part of the last one where I can't find my smoked list.

I love that they updated the cigar database. I tried 1 cigar and it came right up and even have a selection of the sizes.

Honestly they fixed a lot of the things that i didn't like. Those would be my only complaints at this moment.

Ok, yes, I can agree with all of that!
I tried to add you as a friend, but I dont know how...lol

Just tried messing around with it. I don’t have a ton of time atm, but I’m interested in this. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: MX
- I'd like to see a location in the humidor option. i.e shelf 1, shelf 2

My question is with this option, when it’s time to rotate cigars, would I have to go through and individually relabel each cigar’s new location?

Ok, yes, I can agree with all of that!
I tried to add you as a friend, but I dont know how...lol
Honestly the last two make it unusable. So I take the time to enter everything, then smoke one and poof its gone?

ok, I am not saying your wrong, but IRL that is what happens.
I think there is a way to see just your post in the feed, that should show you what happened to it.

Or, are you asking for like a "butt can" feature to see your history as maybe a list?

Again, I am not defending, I am trying to build my understanding of what you are looking for.
Cuz I luv U Cuz...lol

ok, I am not saying your wrong, but IRL that is what happens.
I think there is a way to see just your post in the feed, that should show you what happened to it.

Or, are you asking for like a "butt can" feature to see your history as maybe a list?

Again, I am not defending, I am trying to build my understanding of what you are looking for.
Cuz I luv U Cuz...lol
Think of it in terms of what I do now. I have a book I attach my bands to and rate the cigar. I write down the notes I got, who I got the cigar from and when I smoked it. Then I am sitting on the vherf and someone says "Hey I saw a sale on "ppp" cigar I can be like, oh yeah I was gifted one of those from ... the other day, let me see what my tasting notes and rating is.

Or.. Since its a database I'd like to see it be more "databaseeee". What cigar did I smoke the most of last month, last 3 months, last year. Do I focus on certain brands or strengths or maybe fillers or wrappers. Do the top 10 cigars I rated have something in common. Are they all Dominican filler, or broad leaf Connecticut wrappers? Are they are full bodied??

All those things would make the site better but not a deal breaker. The biggest issue for me is, i can't find a nice clean formatted list of cigars I smoked in the last 3 months, where I can click on them and see what I thought or if I wanted to buy them again. Until that part is done, my paper book and pen is better 100 times over.

Got it, and yes, that seems to be a great idea!!!

So, I copy/pasted your list in post 4 to the request a feature.

this is the reply:

Thanks for the suggestions! The "gift from friend" option has been updated internally to allow non-Boxpressd users. It will be available in version 2.0. One way to include the location, such as shelf 1, shelf 2 etc would be to add this as a note. We'll discuss this internally as a possible standalone feature in the future. Your "smoked" cigars are located under your Profile > Recent Cigars. You can filter by rating and other sort options and view your smoke session notes by clicking/tapping on an entry. Favorites are also located from your profile and can additionally be found under Saved Items from the main menu and choosing "Favorites" from the dropdown (All).

actually, click smoke session that should bring it up

I see it now, I'd say they are certainly heading in the right direction. Smoked an H Upman Mag 54. Gave it all 4 5 stars and it says Rating 92 :) I did edit the rating so maybe they have an error on editing.

I'm glad you brough up this site again, they are certainly making great progress.

My big issue was I rated a cigar, took 1/2 a star for burn. And it dropped it to something like a 72.....brought that up with them a few weeks back...

By edit did you change the generated score?

My big issue was I rated a cigar, took 1/2 a star for burn. And it dropped it to something like a 72.....brought that up with them a few weeks back...

By edit did you change the generated score?
So I reviewed it quickly just to get a score in there to test it. It was 60. Then I realized that cigar should be a 100, so I went back and gave it full marks but still doesn't show 100

Hi all! Thanks for this thread and all of the feedback. I'm working on a fix for the ratings issue right now, thanks for the details. If you have specific cigars you had this issue with, feel free to reach out to me directly and I'll get it corrected.

"The biggest issue for me is, i can't find a nice clean formatted list of cigars I smoked in the last 3 months, where I can click on them and see what I thought or if I wanted to buy them again. Until that part is done, my paper book and pen is better 100 times over."

I'm wrapping up what I consider a premium version of Boxpressd that is strictly a cigar journal with the intention of making it much easier to actually go back and look at notes. It also includes a "timeline" feature so you can take notes along the way during a smoke session. I can post when it goes live if any of you are interested in using it.

Thanks again!

Hi all! Thanks for this thread and all of the feedback. I'm working on a fix for the ratings issue right now, thanks for the details. If you have specific cigars you had this issue with, feel free to reach out to me directly and I'll get it corrected.

"The biggest issue for me is, i can't find a nice clean formatted list of cigars I smoked in the last 3 months, where I can click on them and see what I thought or if I wanted to buy them again. Until that part is done, my paper book and pen is better 100 times over."

I'm wrapping up what I consider a premium version of Boxpressd that is strictly a cigar journal with the intention of making it much easier to actually go back and look at notes. It also includes a "timeline" feature so you can take notes along the way during a smoke session. I can post when it goes live if any of you are interested in using it.

Thanks again!
Hi welcome, I am really glad you joined. I will preface by saying I like your site. My opinions were solely what I thought needed to be updated and worked on to make it better.

I think a lot of review sites or humidor inventory sites get lost at some point during the building on their sites. My guess is because so many things are interconnected that they don't want to put in the time. I do really like your site and I would say its the best on out there right now. I hope you are able to continue to grow it and make it better all the time.

My 2 cents (even though I've given more than my 2 cents above already)
The biggest thing the site needs to a space for data and a space to search and sort that data. Below I will give you a few things I would love to be able to do easily. Maybe it already does, maybe the update you spoke of does.

- I am sitting down smoking a cigar, dam who gave this to me. If I entered the cigar into your app when I received it. How easy would it be to find out who sent it.
- I sent a friend 5 cigars. I removed them from my humidor, is there a way to tag who I gifted them to? Secondly, if that person texts me an says "dam man I love these cigars, what is the unbanded one". If its been more than 2 days I won't remember anymore.. Can I search and find what cigars I gifted "person1"?
- Id like to search through cigars I've smoked easier than scrolling through a "feed" Can I sort by highest rated or by most recent?

Hi welcome, I am really glad you joined. I will preface by saying I like your site. My opinions were solely what I thought needed to be updated and worked on to make it better.

I think a lot of review sites or humidor inventory sites get lost at some point during the building on their sites. My guess is because so many things are interconnected that they don't want to put in the time. I do really like your site and I would say its the best on out there right now. I hope you are able to continue to grow it and make it better all the time.

My 2 cents (even though I've given more than my 2 cents above already)
The biggest thing the site needs to a space for data and a space to search and sort that data. Below I will give you a few things I would love to be able to do easily. Maybe it already does, maybe the update you spoke of does.

- I am sitting down smoking a cigar, dam who gave this to me. If I entered the cigar into your app when I received it. How easy would it be to find out who sent it.
- I sent a friend 5 cigars. I removed them from my humidor, is there a way to tag who I gifted them to? Secondly, if that person texts me an says "dam man I love these cigars, what is the unbanded one". If its been more than 2 days I won't remember anymore.. Can I search and find what cigars I gifted "person1"?
- Id like to search through cigars I've smoked easier than scrolling through a "feed" Can I sort by highest rated or by most recent?
The next update will allow you to link non-Boxpressd users so you'll be able to see that information right in your humidor, and then again in your notes after you have smoked it. The "gifted from" option is automatically carried over to a smoke session if it has been entered in a humidor entry.
One feature that has been requested and we have lined up is being able to "transfer" cigars to other users. That way, all the info about where you bought it and other details gets transferred to who you gift them to. I like the idea of being able to see that history of all the cigars you've gifted someone, so that will probably get included along with that update. The closest workaround right now would be a custom list or humidor collection with those cigars in it
Yeah, the reason I mentioned going to Recent Cigars from your profile instead of Recent Activity further down the page is because you can filter and sort what you're looking for, then go look at the session notes from there. The Cigar Journal blends both together so you can actually see your basic notes without having to navigate away from that list

Hope that helps!