• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boxpressed

Renefatdude

The Flying Dutchman
Is there a reason for boxpressing cigars, or is it just for the sake of it?

Thanks in advance,

Your Google-fu must be strong Grasshopper.

According to Cigar Advisor:

What are "box-pressed" cigars?
"Box-pressed" or "square-pressed" is when the cigars are literally "pressed" into the box so the box pressure creates a perfectly square shape. This was done originally to save shipping space and as a result, the process supposedly causes the cigars to burn longer, giving the smoker a more flavorful smoke. Good examples of box-pressed cigars include, Aspira, Don Tomas Dominican Selection, Padron Anniversary, Perdomo La Tradición, and Sancho Panza, to name a few.

if I remeber right from the Ultimate cigar book it was origanly done to stop the cigar from rolling off the table rp

Thanks, I did a search at CP that was not satisfactory! Forgot about googd old Google :laugh:

Call me crazy, but isn't box-pressing and square-pressing different? Square-pressed cigars are intentionally pressed, whereas box-pressed just means that the cigar has been "misshaped" by the confinement of the box it's in. At least, that's what I've heard.

Your Google-fu must be strong Grasshopper.

According to Cigar Advisor:

What are "box-pressed" cigars?
"Box-pressed" or "square-pressed" is when the cigars are literally "pressed" into the box so the box pressure creates a perfectly square shape. This was done originally to save shipping space and as a result, the process supposedly causes the cigars to burn longer, giving the smoker a more flavorful smoke. Good examples of box-pressed cigars include, Aspira, Don Tomas Dominican Selection, Padron Anniversary, Perdomo La Tradición, and Sancho Panza, to name a few.

Mmmmm, Aspira. :rolleyes: