• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre coming back?!?

Play 'til you can't play any more. Small career window for sports guys. Lace 'em up Brett, just leave us poor Bears fans alone and get out of the NFC!

Brown

I wouldn't go to the extent of calling him selfish. I know how it feels to play sports through college, then all of a sudden to not have that anymore. I can only imagine how hard it is when you've been a professional for 18 years.

Do I think it's bad for the Packers? Yes. I also feel for Rodgers.

I do honestly feel that Favre is being wishy/washy, I wish in the past few years he would have made his decision much sooner. But, I'd imagine the urge to play is overwhelming.

If he wants to play, then release or trade him. I don't want to see him in another uniform, but I don't want this to go on and on, for both the Packers and Favre.

Maybe self-centered is a better word. The way he has strung the Packers along since 2002 (when he first started to talk openly about retirement) is pretty poor form.

He retires, goes through the whole rigmarole of the tearful presser, and then decides he wants to come back while throwing the Packers under the bus saying that they "pressured" him into retirement. No class.

I can see that he wants to play and EVERYONE knew he'd get the itch. The way he's handled the whole thing shows a lot about him.

I know A LOT of Packer fans. Most of them are pretty disgusted with Favre right now after having defended him for a long time against any criticism.

I'm not a Packer fan, but I've always been one of the first to defend him and his legacy. I can't any longer.

I wouldn't go to the extent of calling him selfish. I know how it feels to play sports through college, then all of a sudden to not have that anymore. I can only imagine how hard it is when you've been a professional for 18 years.

Do I think it's bad for the Packers? Yes. I also feel for Rodgers.

I do honestly feel that Favre is being wishy/washy, I wish in the past few years he would have made his decision much sooner. But, I'd imagine the urge to play is overwhelming.

If he wants to play, then release or trade him. I don't want to see him in another uniform, but I don't want this to go on and on, for both the Packers and Favre.

Maybe self-centered is a better word. The way he has strung the Packers along since 2002 (when he first started to talk openly about retirement) is pretty poor form.

He retires, goes through the whole rigmarole of the tearful presser, and then decides he wants to come back while throwing the Packers under the bus saying that they "pressured" him into retirement. No class.

I can see that he wants to play and EVERYONE knew he'd get the itch. The way he's handled the whole thing shows a lot about him.

I know A LOT of Packer fans. Most of them are pretty disgusted with Favre right now after having defended him for a long time against any criticism.

I'm not a Packer fan, but I've always been one of the first to defend him and his legacy. I can't any longer.

I personally think Farve has held the Packers hostage long enough. Yeah he had a great year last year but the years he sucked and should have retired, he didn't. Now what are you gonna do, cut him? The people of GB would have burned the stadium down. Thus, he held the team hostage. Give it up bud. Being from Dallas it pained me to see Emmitt play in AZ. Go home man, raise your kids and do the wife on Sundays.

Disappointment.jpg

I say reactivate him and trade his a$$. Think about how much he's costing us at the moment that we could use in our salary cap and the players we could get out of this. At this point its the best decision we could make.

It's a business, make it while you can.

Who cares if he wants to play in another city?

I don't think he owes the fans of Green Bay or the organization anything, if he got hurt, he played. What more does he owe them?

A guy like Kirby Puckett comes around once in a generation and Brett aint him.

Stick it to the GB organization and send him to the Bears! :thumbs:

It's a business, make it while you can.

Who cares if he wants to play in another city?

I don't think he owes the fans of Green Bay or the organization anything, if he got hurt, he played. What more does he owe them?

A guy like Kirby Puckett comes around once in a generation and Brett aint him.
Yeah, I don't remember Favre ever chasing a woman around a bathroom with a dildo... :laugh: (Really, I kid. I love Puck.)

You just want to see him lace it up for the Purple and Yellow. (it's NOT gold, dammit!) ;) With Jackson under center that team is going nowhere near 8-8 let alone the playoffs. The defense is good, but not THAT good.

Had Favre had the good sense to not use his Packers cell phone to make the calls back and forth with Childress, you may have gotten that wish. Now, I'm not so sure.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Silver and Black. It would just be the next step in the ruination of the Raiders franchise. :rolleyes:

I honestly am glad he is coming back from the purely selfish standpoint that he is fun to watch and makes games exciting.

That being said, lets find a team and work this shit out, its getting old!

I honestly am glad he is coming back from the purely selfish standpoint that he is fun to watch and makes games exciting.

How'd ya like Elway to come back in a Raiders uniform? :)

Yeah, I don't remember Favre ever chasing a woman around a bathroom with a dildo... :laugh: (Really, I kid. I love Puck.)

I meant turning down big money (BOSTON) to stay in a small market and retiring with the same team.

He was every bit the player Brett is and he did it 162 nights a year.

Did he have his faults????????? Yeah, but who doesn't?

I don't remember the dildo thing...........I thought he was trying to cop a cheap feel. :D

I meant turning down big money (BOSTON) to stay in a small market and retiring with the same team.

Did he have his faults? ??? ??? ?? Yeah, but who doesn't?

I don't remember the dildo thing...........I thought he was trying to cop a cheap feel. :D

There were conflicting reports up here. Who knows if it was accurate or not. I was really just making a bad joke, anyway.

Puckett was special like that, but this isn't about money as far as I can tell. Favre wants to come back and play QB, the Packers have moved on to Rodgers. From what I've gathered had they welcomed him back with open arms Favre would have stayed in GB for the same money that his contract detailed.

Now, I think he's just pissed off that the Packers told him to sod off so he's raising a stink. Neither side has handled this well.

You must not watch must ESPN. Don't you know that Tom Brady is perfect in every way? Not everyone has faults... :rolleyes:

Did he have his faults????????? Yeah, but who doesn't?

Whatever it was, he was guilty as a mofo. He hired former US Attorney Todd Jones (probably the highest paid African American attorney in the Twin Cities) to get him out of it.

Whatever it was, he was guilty as a mofo. He hired former US Attorney Todd Jones (probably the highest paid African American attorney in the Twin Cities) to get him out of it.

God if I had that much money just think of what I could get away with. :D

How'd ya like Elway to come back in a Raiders uniform? :)

HAHA, now let's not get crazy.

BTW, sounds like he is going to report to Packers training camp. Let's say Aaron Rodgers starts opening day.. How long before the Favre chants from the croud, one INT, one fumled snap?