• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre

I have been a Packer fan all my life.
I never thought in a million years......
Sad day for me

you cant be surprised though given the recent events. especially with goodell down the pack's throat telling them to get a deal done.

Reported trade was for a pick, which isnt set until the season is over. I guess it depends on how the jets do this year?

Traded for 4th round pick.

If Favre takes 50 percent of total snaps with the Jets in 2008, the fourth rounder becomes a third-round pick. If he takes 70 percent of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, it becomes a second-round pick; and if he takes 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, the Packers get a first-round pick.

There's also reportedly a block in the deal that says if the Jets trade Favre to MN they have to give the Packers 3 first round picks. So it looks like that ain't happening.

The Jets only have about 2 million in cap room. I guess they could release Pennington now (6 million cleared) and a couple of others in order to pay Favre his 12 million. That sounds risky, but who else can they release to free up enough cash?

I'm just glad this is over. I've lost a lot of respect for Favre. I never cared much about the Packers, so that doesn't change much.

As along time Jet fan this isn't that great of a deal! Favre best days are behind him and it was time for the Jets to develop their young quarterback. Short term solution at best, I don't think he'll like the NY media after the first crappy game.

I too am glad this is over. As a life-long Cowboys fan, I really came to appreciate Favre as a player. That respect took a serious beating when the Michael Strahan incident happened and his subsequent BS explanation of it. My respect for him recovered and I was ready to put him up on a pedestal when he retired after a great season (especially for my fantasy team). The way he handled this really knocked him back down in my book. I think that if he doesn't replicate last season's numbers and success, the NY media will eat him for lunch. I hope he does well as I'm somewhat of a Jets fan but he will never regain the level of respect I had for him back in March.

Here is my take on Favre - He is an extremely talented IDIOT. If in fact the deal was on the table for him to get $ 25 million over 10 years from GB for not showing up, then he was an IDIOT not to take that deal. I think his best days are way behind him. Granted he played well in the second half of last season, but if you look at the two previous season he was average at best. From the NYJ stand point, I am sure they will sell plenty of jerseys and get some much needed ESPN time. As for their season, I don't think they will win more than 8 games with Favre. Then after the season he will start his same off season BS. Oh yea, those receivers from NYJ better be ready for some broken fingers from the bullets he throws.

As along time Jet fan this isn't that great of a deal! Favre best days are behind him and it was time for the Jets to develop their young quarterback. Short term solution at best, I don't think he'll like the NY media after the first crappy game.

It's Eric Mangini and GM Mike Tannenbaum saving their own asses, instead of the franchise.

I'm not really happy, I'd rather see him retired.

It's Eric Mangini and GM Mike Tannenbaum saving their own asses, instead of the franchise.

I'm not really happy, I'd rather see him retired.

Same here, I thought he should have gone out a winning note. This is a terible way to end your career. NY can be a brutal place for an old player, just ask Joe Namath, Willie Mays and Patrick Ewing!

This has become an ugly, UGLY situation. I just dont understand HOW Favre and the Packers let it come to this. This is going to be like seeing Montana in Kansas City or Emmitt Smith in Arizona. The only good thing about this is I wont have to hear about this drama anymore. I swear anytime I have turned on ESPN the last few weeks this is all they have been talking about.

Here is my take on Favre - He is an extremely talented IDIOT. If in fact the deal was on the table for him to get $ 25 million over 10 years from GB for not showing up, then he was an IDIOT not to take that deal. I think his best days are way behind him. Granted he played well in the second half of last season, but if you look at the two previous season he was average at best. From the NYJ stand point, I am sure they will sell plenty of jerseys and get some much needed ESPN time. As for their season, I don't think they will win more than 8 games with Favre. Then after the season he will start his same off season BS. Oh yea, those receivers from NYJ better be ready for some broken fingers from the bullets he throws.
My thoughts EXACTLY. At what point do you say to yourself, 'Can I take a hint'? Instead of going out a champ like an Elway, he is going to a lowly Jets team that could only win 4 games last year. Seriously, who is going to catch for him? A 30 yo Laveranues Coles? I understand he "love the game" and "wants to play", but COME ON. He was offered 25 to "stay retired". He could have stayed in Green Bay and none of this unpleasantness would have occurred.

$25 million. Twenty-five million dollars. $25,000,000.

Favre, you've done it now man. Your legacy just grabbed her bra and panties and ran out to her idling Passat. You can't blow a load in your legacy's face and then tell her you respect her. It's over.

I really don't care one way or another, but i'd love to see Favre succeed, the way he road roughshod over the Bears all those years made me respect him. Hate to see him go down in flames because of ego. Hope he has some success. :thumbs:

I'm not much on guys retiring, then coming back, but I hoep Favre does well in NY. I enjoy watching him play.

As far as the Packers, they need to move in their new direction, that's understandable....however, every non-Green Bay fan just lost any reason to watch them play.

BRETT...what are you thinking the F*cking JETS.

God I'd retire before I'd play for that mess. You may not be able to walk after the first 4 games. Bring a wheelchair.

The Pack still SUCKS!!!!!!! :thumbs:

GO VIKES. :D

BRETT...what are you thinking the F*cking JETS.

God I'd retire before I'd play for that mess. You may not be able to walk after the first 4 games. Bring a wheelchair.

The Pack still SUCKS!!!!!!! :thumbs:

GO VIKES. :D

Good one Paul, absolutely nothing to back it with, but still... :p