• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre

Its a "What Have You Done For Me Lately" business.

No Superbowls lately and none on the horizon. :0

I don't think The League was all that happy with the "pay to go away" deal. It does set a precedent that could get messy. It raises all kinds of issues in regards to salary caps and salary structure in general.

After hearing some of the aftermath of this, I'm wondering if Favre was really driving the bus on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife and agent were the busy bees behind the scenes putting honey in his ear. How could he (or they) have possibly believed that this would have gone the way it ended up going?

In an effort to protect his legacy I think Favre has just taken a dump in his shoes.

I don't think The League was all that happy with the "pay to go away" deal. It does set a precedent that could get messy. It raises all kinds of issues in regards to salary caps and salary structure in general.

After hearing some of the aftermath of this, I'm wondering if Favre was really driving the bus on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife and agent were the busy bees behind the scenes putting honey in his ear. How could he (or they) have possibly believed that this would have gone the way it ended up going?

In an effort to protect his legacy I think Favre has just taken a dump in his shoes.

Alan, isn't that the truth!

Here is my take on Favre - He is an extremely talented IDIOT. If in fact the deal was on the table for him to get $ 25 million over 10 years from GB for not showing up, then he was an IDIOT not to take that deal. I think his best days are way behind him. Granted he played well in the second half of last season, but if you look at the two previous season he was average at best. From the NYJ stand point, I am sure they will sell plenty of jerseys and get some much needed ESPN time. As for their season, I don't think they will win more than 8 games with Favre. Then after the season he will start his same off season BS. Oh yea, those receivers from NYJ better be ready for some broken fingers from the bullets he throws.

Its not about the money for favre. He has all the money he could want. He still wants to play. He still has that passion for the game.

Why should Favre be any different from any other athlete who didn't stay retired? We'll all forget about it, and things will be fine. It's just a matter of time.

Doc.

Here is my take on Favre - He is an extremely talented IDIOT. If in fact the deal was on the table for him to get $ 25 million over 10 years from GB for not showing up, then he was an IDIOT not to take that deal. I think his best days are way behind him. Granted he played well in the second half of last season, but if you look at the two previous season he was average at best. From the NYJ stand point, I am sure they will sell plenty of jerseys and get some much needed ESPN time. As for their season, I don't think they will win more than 8 games with Favre. Then after the season he will start his same off season BS. Oh yea, those receivers from NYJ better be ready for some broken fingers from the bullets he throws.

Its not about the money for favre. He has all the money he could want. He still wants to play. He still has that passion for the game.
It's very much about the money. He isn't paying for free and I don't think he would under any circumstance. Once you take a paycheck for anything, it's about the money.

If he still had the passion for the game he says he does, he never would have left the game in the first place. He told the world last spring he didn't have anything left. He cried in front of the world and said in so many words that he no longer had the passion for the game he once did.

He may miss the game and he may really want to play, but you can't discount the $12 million bucks. For all we know he's up to his eyeballs in debt and he may in fact need the money. It isn't easy to maintain the lifestyle of a professional athlete. He may have it all invested very well and be in good shape, too. Nobody really knows but he and his wife.

I believe Brett Favre loves the game of football. Most people who have played at a high level do. I also believe he has great passion for the game. I do not believe, however, that he has as much passion as he once did and that he has so much passion that the money doesn't matter.

I believe Brett Favre loves the game of football. Most people who have played at a high level do. I also believe he has great passion for the game. I do not believe, however, that he has as much passion as he once did and that he has so much passion that the money doesn't matter.

I've never believed it wasn't about the money. If it wasn't, then he would have played for nothing. I do remember him offering part of his salary for Randy Moss, but that was a couple years ago. Like you said Alan, no telling what kind of financial situation he is in.

It's very much about the money. He isn't paying for free and I don't think he would under any circumstance. Once you take a paycheck for anything, it's about the money.

If he still had the passion for the game he says he does, he never would have left the game in the first place. He told the world last spring he didn't have anything left. He cried in front of the world and said in so many words that he no longer had the passion for the game he once did.

He may miss the game and he may really want to play, but you can't discount the $12 million bucks. For all we know he's up to his eyeballs in debt and he may in fact need the money. It isn't easy to maintain the lifestyle of a professional athlete. He may have it all invested very well and be in good shape, too. Nobody really knows but he and his wife.

I don't know that I agree with you on this Alan. Just because he's famous and probably has a ton of money, does he not still deserve compensation for his services as the QB and leader of an NFL team? I don't think because you take money, now it's about money. People deserve compensation for their services, no matter the business. I don't think taking money negates that. IMO.

As for retiring, there's no doubt he should have waited a month or so longer before making that decision. I think he was emotionally drained from the season and made a decision he wasn't ready to make yet. After he had the chance to take time off and get back in to the mind set he realized that he in fact could still play and wanted to. I don't like sports stars retiring and coming back anymore than the next guy, but that doesn't mean I don't understand why they do it.

I don't know that I agree with you on this Alan. Just because he's famous and probably has a ton of money, does he not still deserve compensation for his services as the QB and leader of an NFL team? I don't think because you take money, now it's about money. People deserve compensation for their services, no matter the business. I don't think taking money negates that. IMO.

As for retiring, there's no doubt he should have waited a month or so longer before making that decision. I think he was emotionally drained from the season and made a decision he wasn't ready to make yet. After he had the chance to take time off and get back in to the mind set he realized that he in fact could still play and wanted to. I don't like sports stars retiring and coming back anymore than the next guy, but that doesn't mean I don't understand why they do it.
He deserves fair compensation for sure, I never said he should play for nothing.

I just can't believe anyone when they say that the money doesn't matter. Of course it matters! You wouldn't teach the fine gentlemen you teach for $3/hour, would you? Of course not, you couldn't support your lovely family with that and it would in no way justify the time you spent becoming qualified for that position. People may love their jobs, but if they didn't get a paycheck I don't think they'd spend much time working.

Farve who cares!! Go away already. ESPN WHO CARES!!! Get some real sportscasters!!

He deserves fair compensation for sure, I never said he should play for nothing.

I just can't believe anyone when they say that the money doesn't matter. Of course it matters! You wouldn't teach the fine gentlemen you teach for $3/hour, would you? Of course not, you couldn't support your lovely family with that and it would in no way justify the time you spent becoming qualified for that position. People may love their jobs, but if they didn't get a paycheck I don't think they'd spend much time working.

Yep, I hear what you're saying and it makes perfect sense.

I guess what I was getting at was when sports stars say something like "It's not about the money", depending or course on who says it, I take that statement to mean it isn't the DECIDING factor in what they do. I doubt there is anyone out there who truly thinks money has no play. Money makes the world go 'round, and I'm sure none of them would play for free. But I do think some would take less pay in order to get things to play out the way they want.

This has become an ugly, UGLY situation. I just dont understand HOW Favre and the Packers let it come to this. This is going to be like seeing Montana in Kansas City or Emmitt Smith in Arizona. The only good thing about this is I wont have to hear about this drama anymore. I swear anytime I have turned on ESPN the last few weeks this is all they have been talking about.

I was really hoping my Chiefs would pick up Favre too. We love our aging hall of famers.

Also, suck it Tom.

im with Alan on the part that if he had the passion for the game he would have never left, he would have been thinking at the end of last season..."i'm going to tear them up next season".
but he didnt he retired.

it could be like Jordan; he could come back because at the time they think they still have a passion for the game but what it really is, is that they miss the game. but its not the same. i guess only time will tell.

He really just wants to be in the house of the Defending Super Bowl Champions! the NEW YORK GIANTS!!!!!

Damn, he's older the then coach and the offensive coordinator.

LOL.

Glad its over, I am tried of hearing about where Brett Favre is not going play. Hopefully he can help the Jets out, and if he can't be man enough to step aside for someone who can and retire. He has accomplished some pretty remarkable feats during his career.

The odds are he won't make a 4-12 team from last year that much better. If he sticks around long enough... maybe.

Damn, took 35 minutes for the Jets pro shop to load, must be busy. LOL.

Damn, took 35 minutes for the Jets pro shop to load, must be busy. LOL.

Pffft... all I need to do is to go to any street corner in NYC if I want a NJ Jet Farve jersey. The best knock offs available.

I can't wait to see Favre wallow in mediocrity again now that he doesn't have the horses at receiver he had in Green Bay. I think this will end up being a horrible move for the Jets.

The odds are he won't make a 4-12 team from last year that much better. If he sticks around long enough... maybe.

Exactly. I love everyone saying that the Jets are headed to the Super Bowl now. Hahahahaha! Ridiculous.