• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brickhouse Wine-O-dor :)

Has anyone tested the humidity in these winodors without a humidification device. Mine runs at a rock sold 64% (I have the same one everyone bought off overstock) without any device.

I am assuming that since wine should be stored between 55% and 75%, the unit does it automatically aiming for 65%. Also, while the advertisement says that it runs in the 50s, i have yet to see the temperature be below 63 when turned to the warmest setting. I figure if it stays at that level, i will just keep it there to avoid any chance of tobacco beetle.

Has anyone tested the humidity in these winodors without a humidification device. Mine runs at a rock sold 64% (I have the same one everyone bought off overstock) without any device.

I am assuming that since wine should be stored between 55% and 75%, the unit does it automatically aiming for 65%. Also, while the advertisement says that it runs in the 50s, i have yet to see the temperature be below 63 when turned to the warmest setting. I figure if it stays at that level, i will just keep it there to avoid any chance of tobacco beetle.

Well for wine storage you want 70% humidity for cork issues, however, mine has about 40% humidity without anything else in it....basically I found that mine doesn't produce humidity, nor did I expect it to.

As for the temp, wine storage is optimal at 53-57 degrees F. That's what this cooler was built for. If yours is hanging at 63 degrees then the problem I would be worried about is the SWINGS in temp. It may read 63, but I'm betting there is at least a 10 degree swing in there some where.

That's where you get into trouble with cigars in regards to humidity and temp. It's about the stability of the two once you get the ideal range. I just have a hard time believing that this wine cooler keeps both at the ideal level with any stability at all.

Man oh man thats really nice bro...

But it looks like its already full :-/ you gonna get another just like it? Or go for something bigger?

Congrats! :thumbs:

But it looks like its already full :-/ you gonna get another just like it? Or go for something bigger?

There is a lot of wasted space in there at the moment. I have a lot of boxes holding singles that don't fill up the whole box if you know what I mean.

I'd still like to get 1 or 2 tray up top for singles....still working that.

There is a lot of wasted space in there at the moment. I have a lot of boxes holding singles that don't fill up the whole box if you know what I mean.

I'd still like to get 1 or 2 tray up top for singles....still working that.

So what your saying is there is one lonely don pepin blue label in there and all the rest is empty boxes for us to drool over :sign:

Seriously nice job, I think its a great o'-dor and will give you years of good use.

So what your saying is there is one lonely don pepin blue label in there and all the rest is empty boxes for us to drool over :sign:

Seriously nice job, I think its a great o'-dor and will give you years of good use.

Hehe, sort of.....almost all those Davidoff boxes are full of Tats, Pepins, and the likes.

Nice job Wyatt! I sat staring at mine for the first day then decided to plug it in and fill it with my good beer. :)

Wyatt, nicely done! Looks like your cigars have a very good home.

By the way I like your choice of cigars :thumbs:

Looking good. The only problem now is its easier to stare at your stogies through the glass. Calling you...beckoning you...to smoke every last one, just so you can buy more!!! :thumbs:

I just saw this thread, Wyatt. I'm not sure how I missed it...

Looks great! I hope the Ranco was easy enough for you to hook up and it's functioning well. I must say that I think you overpaid me for it, though. ;)

Awesome job. I hope it works well for you for a long time. :)

I just seen this thread also! Looks great Wyatt. I am glad everything worked out on this project for you. We may need to talk about the shelves, and how you could help a brother out!! ;)

Bill

Well done, Wyatt. Its a very simple and effective design. Do you think your airflow is adequate? I might have gone with wire shelves, banking on the boxes being sufficient RH mass.

Well done, Wyatt. Its a very simple and effective design. Do you think your airflow is adequate? I might have gone with wire shelves, banking on the boxes being sufficient RH mass.

Airflow was the only thing I'm currently concerned about. I wasn't sure if my shelves were perforated enough or not. I went with a 1/2" hole.

After about 36 hours, I'm sitting at 65% on the bottom, 64% in the middle, 62% on the top shelf. My hydra is set at 65.0% and is the only humidification I'm running. I have to say I'm pretty please with the airflow so far, but time will tell.

I can live with a 2% variance between top and bottom, and in some ways even prefer it.

Great job man! Makes me feel a bit lazy for just throwing beads and a hygrometer into mine. :blush:

Nice job! You have all the hard research done for when you purchase your second. Trust me - they fill quickly. (I waited for Target to have a sale and I bought 2 more... if I don't use them for cigars they'll be good for wine, I hear :) )

Though I wish I could find some spanish cedar sheets to line the inside... but the stuff is amazingly hard to source.

Looks great Wyatt! :thumbs:

I've got mine up and running with 3 pds of Kitty Litter beads that I conditioned with the hydra for 10 days.

opus1014ex6.jpg

This was much easier than I thought. All I had to do was stir the "batch" twice a day. :D

opus1015tf7.jpg