• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bring back Emo'sGrrl...

The lady is absent today and I suspect some of you guys sent her packing...so, who wants her back?

• I do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Corona Gigante said:
Neuromancer said:
Hmmm...some no votes? Seems we have a few misogynists here...me, personally, I love women...greatest thing the big guy above ever did was to give us women for our companions...yeah, they can be pains at times, but how can ya not love'em?
[snapback]218244[/snapback]​

:sign: How are no votes misogynistic? If the subject of the poll were Neuromancer instead of Emo's Girl, would that make the members who voted against his return man-haters?
[snapback]218555[/snapback]​
Also, for some reason I went and looked at the current poll results before I even thought about voting. I was suprised by the votes, but I found it more interesting that I can't vote now that I looked at the current voting totals. It claims that I already voted, absent I think. Very strange ... Any insight on why the polling process is this way?

Thanks,
- C

emodx said:
I actually think gender has a bigger part than you think. Lets face it, this is basically an old mens club. (Honey dont hit me) So when an uppity women comes in, speaks her mind, says things that some here to close minded to read, then there are going to be plenty of people who will dislike it. I bet if the gender was reversed, there would be less total votes, why, because men dont care what other men say nearly as much as they do when a woman says it. But that is my opinion, which honestly has nothing to do with the fact that my baby is the subject of the poll.
[snapback]218594[/snapback]​

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree. I think if the polar opposite had happened on a forum with the vast majority being women... the votes would have been even higher. Most women would not like the idea of the boyfriend of a member posting all sorts of racy topics while the woman was away at sea.

Again, I think it has far more to do with appearances and conduct, as well as the inevitable personality conflicts than anything else. Blaming it on misogyny or gender bias just seems like a cop-out.

moki said:
emodx said:
I actually think gender has a bigger part than you think. Lets face it, this is basically an old mens club. (Honey dont hit me) So when an uppity women comes in, speaks her mind, says things that some here to close minded to read, then there are going to be plenty of people who will dislike it. I bet if the gender was reversed, there would be less total votes, why, because men dont care what other men say nearly as much as they do when a woman says it. But that is my opinion, which honestly has nothing to do with the fact that my baby is the subject of the poll.
[snapback]218594[/snapback]​

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree. I think if the polar opposite had happened on a forum with the vast majority being women... the votes would have been even higher. Most women would not like the idea of the boyfriend of a member posting all sorts of racy topics while the woman was away at sea.

Again, I think it has far more to do with appearances and conduct, as well as the inevitable personality conflicts than anything else. Blaming it on misogyny or gender bias just seems like a cop-out.
[snapback]218601[/snapback]​
Gender bias I think has a bit to do with it. But misogyny wasn't a term I used or think is at play.
You analogy is somewhat flawed though. I personally dont care what she says on here. She is her own person. How does that sway someones opinion to no? If I didnt like it, do you think it would continue on? It wouldn't, nor would I let people think my silence is acceptance.

emodx said:
Gender bias I think has a bit to do with it. But misogyny wasn't a term I used or think is at play.
You analogy is somewhat flawed though. I personally dont care what she says on here. She is her own person. How does that sway someones opinion to no? If I didnt like it, do you think it would continue on? It wouldn't, nor would I let people think my silence is acceptance.
[snapback]218602[/snapback]​

Right, but some people have used the term 'misogynist' in reference to the people who voted here... and I think that's just ridiculous.

Whether you approve of what she says here has little to do with how/why people voted as they did... so I think it's irrelevant to the scenario I mentioned. It can't be gender bias if women would do the same thing in the reverse situation... and I believe they would, even more vehemently... but that's just my opinion.

Hell, I've actually seen it happen -- witnessed a largely woman-populated cooking web board eat alive this guy that was getting too saucy.

Then why bring up the fact that I am at sea? Or that I wouldnt want her to make these comments. While using an analogy, you might as well be putting words in my mouth.

I voted yes. Drama is good, just tone it to meet the standards...
Desides I like Emo.. ya lil fugger.

emodx said:
Then why bring up the fact that I am at sea? Or that I wouldnt want her to make these comments. While using an analogy, you might as well be putting words in my mouth.
[snapback]218608[/snapback]​

Look back at what I wrote -- I never said (or if I did, it was not intended) that you didn't approve of her comments. I said *other people here* may not have approved of her comments, given the situation.

The main point is that "discrimination" and miso* are simply used carelessly and wantonly in today's vernacular; usually inappropriately. I was trying to point out that some people might have perfectly valid reasons for voting "no" that range from not approving of her conduct to not liking her to whatever... none of which have anything to do with her gender, or hating women (misogyny).

I reject the notion that the vote went the way it did because she's a female; we've seen plenty of wives/girlfriends participate here without incident. We've seen a couple single women who have behaved in a lascivious manner not be singled out. So what's different? The difference is she's dating you *and* posting racy topics. I think some people find that inappropriate. I personally don't; I could care less.

I believe that women would have voted in a similar manner (indeed, with more "no" votes) if the situation was entirely reversed. My point isn't to put words in your mouth, or her mouth -- or to invent motivations for either of you.

Rather my point is to dismiss the notion that she was singled out because she's female, she speaks her mind, and men don't like that. It doesn't pass the sniff test, IMHO. I hope she keeps on posting... but let's not use the "woman card" unless it's appropriate. ;)

OMG...this isn't what I intended...is there any way to stop this? It's gotten out of hand...I just wanted to show her some support...and I'll say one more time and you can believe it or not, when I used the term "misogynist" it was just an off-the-cuff comment and not intended for anyone here at all...it was just intended to be a goof...I wasn't calling anyone here a misogynist...I wasn't using it to refer to the populace here as a whole or in general...this has all been taken out of context...I'm sorry for the commotion this caused..it was not intentional...I don't know what else I can say to calm this all down...this was a mistake...:0

Jeeeeeeeeeze . . . miss a few posts and the place lights up like a forrest fire. What the heck happened? I never saw/read anything to warrant banning someone from this place. People make too big a deal over such little things. Am I missing something here? ??? :0

JAEwing said:
What the heck happened? I never saw/read anything to warrant banning someone from this place. People make too big a deal over such little things. Am I missing something here? ??? :0
[snapback]218759[/snapback]​

There was no banning of anyone. Just a self-imposed exile. Emos_Grrl can post/return anytime she likes.

Topped

There's a bit of irony in this thread... ;)