• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

bringing up the humidity level

gordo23

If I have the humidity around 62% and I am wanting to bring it up about 3-8% more...how do I accomplish this? The solution I am using says it should keep it around 70-75.

thanks.

Oh and the digital meter is giving me this reading.

***edited***

I changed the levels because I misread the meter...I'm an idiot.

Oh well...I'm a happy idiot because I have a great selection of Hemingways being delivered monday!!! I can't wait.

Actually I have the same question except I have an analog meter. I am very new to humidors and was using distilled water. I've had some readings as low as 62% and some as high as 72%. Recently, I started using the solution and still have low readings. I should mention that my collection is only a handful of cigars so far.

I was told to take out my cigars and "re-season" my humidor by one cigar store. Another company told me to leave the humidor open for a couple of days.

I'm really confused and worried that these changes will severly affect my beginning collection. I read a few of the forums, and it sounds like I might be ok, but I'd like to know what the veterans think. What can I do to ensure my rh stays at 70%?

Thank you for your help.

get vipers beads,check your meter,get vipers beads.....Run a search and you will find it.

hooiserguy said:
get vipers beads,check your meter,get vipers beads.....Run a search and you will find it.
[snapback]288147[/snapback]​
Salt test the hygro's, get Viper's beads. PG is to dialup as Beads are to broadband. Nuff said.

Doc.

P.S. Get the fricken beads.

Heh,

I like the PG/water system. When dealing with big swings like adding new boxes or cabs, a cup of solution has far more horsepower in bringing up low humidity levels. And to provide a bit more oomph, I simply add a half teaspoon of extra distilled water.

If you're using beads, put in a dish of distilled or filtered water to provide the makeup moisture to get things back to the conditioned level.

Salt testing your hygrometer is a very important thing to do. Use a large jar if you can.

Wilkey