• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bruichladdich Single Malt Scotch

ParaGod

Semper Fi
I want to buy some of this, has anybody here ever tried it? Plus if anybody has some GOOD quality scotch let me know. I would love to get some, in other words I will buy some from you :D . Or you can tell me where I can get some. :thumbs:

I've had a very unfortunate experience with Single Malt. Years ago I discovered a Scotch called MacCallan. Specifically the 18 year old. It's so good, when I go buy Scotch at the liquor store I'm physically unable to buy anything other than MacCallan 18 year. Once I almost made it to the counter with a bottle of Laphroig but the shakes got me and I had to put it back. If you find some of the stuff you're looking for write up a detailed review so I'll know what it's like. Because I'll never be able to taste it. :(

Funny...I was just out in SF last week, and my brother picked up a bottle ...can't recall, it was either the 1970 reserve or the 36 year.

I'm not well versed on the technical aspects of describing tastes of scotch, but I'll do what I can. It was a semi-strong flavor....not harsh, but with more substance then your average single malt. I'd say, and this is just my mind, there was a strong hint of oak in the flavor. VERY SMOOTH, and with a definite presence of fruit in the undertones. Crisp but not sharp aftertaste. All in all, I found it to be a very pleasurable scotch. Expensive, however.....I think it was 259 or 289 a bottle.

FatherTiresius has it right. Of all the single malts I've tried, my fave is actually the 25 year Macallan...and it has NOTHING to do with the cool wooden coffin-case...honest! It's the best of all worlds...not too expensive, not too smoky, or sharp, but definitely a complex and pleasant taste.
The 18 is very similar in taste, but just a bit less smooth....an excellent choice for the budget conscious (189 for the 25 versus the 72 for the 18). Basically, you can't go wrong with it. I've also heard the cask strength is supposed to be nice, but have yet to try it...and I hope to snag a bottle of the 30 year for my birthday this year....

I know a lot of people seem to like it...but Glenlivet really never did anything for me. Not bad...just.....meh. Most of the others that I've tried were....well.....the fact that I can't really recall the names says a lot.

If you want something a bit lighter, and less strong, the Glenmorangie is another very nice scotch. Less body to my mind, and a lighter aftertaste than the Macallan...it's usually what I recommend to people who have not tried scotch before.

Actually the best I ever had was at a single malt tasting sponsored by Glenmorangie. We started out with the basic 10 and 12 year olds and progressed up through the older and older whiskies. They got smoother and smoother at every step along the way. The evening culminated with a taste of the 1971 vintage single malt. It was sooooo smooth....like smoky velvet. That stuff was over $250 for a bottle and even a couple of fingers was I think $20. But ohhhhhhhhh was it good. I never associated Glenmorangie with top shelf single malt but that night made a believer out of me. Still I'd take Macallan 18 or 25 (you're absolutely right about the 25 year, btw) over anything I know of dollar for dollar.

Glenmorangie !!

Thats it, Thanks guys!

You wouldn't believe how long I've been trying to remember the third glen.

I'm with Bruddah FT! I'm not a big spirits drinker but I really like the Macallan 18... smooth, flavorful and goes great with a cigar! Another easy to drink single malt that I enjoy with cigars is Longmorn... not a well known or widely available single malt but worth trying!

Aloha,

Wade

I am suprised no one has mentioned the Glenfiddich Single Malt 12 Year Old. I simply love this Scotch. It was the first Scotch I drank that I really really liked.

WONDERFUL STUFF!!!!

GB

Never liked the Glenfiddich line, I mainly like the Islay style. I do like Speyburn also.

Glenfiddich 12 doesn't really have the depth of flavor I'm looking for. Also 12s in general tend to be a little harsh but the Macallan is mellower than most. It's amazing how much difference there is between 12s and 18s in almost any brand of single malt. You guys are making me want to run out and get some Scotch!! :p Usually I wait until the Aspens start to turn.

Hummmmmmmmm. . . .

Well I love the Glenfiddich, so if you are telling me it gets better at 18 years and beyond. . . Then I will have to go to the store too. :D :D :D

Anybody here tried Lagavulin 16? Very tasty and can be had for about $50. I've kind of gotten stuck on this stuff but I'm gonna have to try some of the bottles raved about here. That MacCallan 18 sounds awfully good. I hope I can find some.

GuyanaBoy said:
Hummmmmmmmm. . . .

Well I love the Glenfiddich, so if you are telling me it gets better at 18 years and beyond. . . Then I will have to go to the store too. :D :D :D
Oh yeah, Steve. It's a huge difference. At the Scotch tasting I went to there was no comparison between the Glenfiddich 12 and 18. But if you ever try the Macallan, you're going to be completely ruined.

Hey Steve...I've got some Glenfiddich 12. I can't stand the stuff. I have had it for about a year. I have tried to drink it but I just can't. If you are looking at a bottle, the scotch is down just above the top of the label. Still got the tube too! Not much gone at all. I like The Glenlivet <sp> myself. If you want it, it's yours. Let me know. :D

:D :D Hi Guys,
Im not a scotch drinker. In fact I have never tried it. Is it best mixed with Coke or 7-up or what? Just twistin your tails. I looked up this malt scotch on the internet and could not beleave the prices. Hell, I have just got my wife used to the price of better cigars. When I tell her I want to try this stuff, I'll be sleeping outside.
Later Guys
Jerry

Okay SD. . . got the Glenfiddich and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Furthermore, I mentioned to a friend of mine, the discussion we are having here about Scotch and told him I would LOVE to try the 18 year old Macallan. . . today, that came in the mail! ! ! I cannot believe how good that Scotch is! ! ! Of course, here in Arkansas, it is about $100 including tax, so I doubt that I will get to drink much more than the bottle I have. . .but it sure is amazing.

This past weekend, I was in Oklahoma and had some of the Glenmorangie 18 YO. . .it was also good, but nothing near the Macallan. I am TRULY amazed.

Anyway, thanks guys for the education. I appreciate it!

Yours,
STEVE

You are definately on a streak of good luck Steve!
  • new grandbaby
  • 12 yo scotch
  • 18 yo scotch
  • winner of the high end premium lottery
  • etc
  • etc
Congrats. You deserve it. :thumbs: :D